Fall 2250

Where a micronational variant of the classic boardgame Diplomacy was played.
Played in 2005.
extreme007

Re: Fall 2250

Post by extreme007 »

what's a tank unit doing in lemurian sea? Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Scott of Hyperborea

Fall 2250

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Quote:Babkha:Fleet to Sandernation attacks in Raynor SeaFleet Báatharz (Baracao) moves to Skerry IslandsArmy Terre d'Riches attacks NafticonArmy Kamalshahr (Zjandaria) moves to Báatharz.Natopia: Army Lavalon moves to the Lemurian SeaArmy Lindstrom moves to Micronia.Fleet Raynor Sea holds.Treesia:Army from West Slobovia to MesounNavy from Hyperion Bay to Aracic SeaArmy from Treithar to West SloboviaGotzborg:Navy to Micronia (not attacking, moving into area only)Army in Aerlig to support MicroniaArmy in Rio Grande to AntheliaKarnali:Army Rijsmark to Attera.Army Kanishka to KaligandakaNavy Cyberia support against AtteraAntica:Army in Raynor Territory to Terre De Riches.Navy in Nafticon supports Terre De RichesArmy in Aquilaria supports Terre De Riches.Attera:Army in Tomann Indo-China to LothlariaFleet in Transattera to the Skerry Islands Shireroth:Navy in Musica moves to the Hyperion BayTank in Brookshire moves to AlexandrattaNavy in Istvanistan stays putTank in Audentior moves to Skiron but doesn't claim it.ACTION REPORTBabkha's attack on the Raynor Sea bounced, because neither side had any support and in a stalemate the defender wins.Babkha and Attera both tried to take the Skerry Isles; because neither one had support, the two bounced and the Skerry Isles remain unoccupied.The Babkhan army in TDR attacked Nafticon; the Antican navy in Nafticon attacked TDR. Both bounce and remain where they are. The Natopian army from Lindstrom and the Gotzborg navy in Pendronia both try to move into Micronia. The Gotzborg navy is successful because it is supported by the Gotzborg army from Aerlig, and the Natopian army is bounced back. However, Gotzborg graciously chooses not to capture the province.Treesia invades Mesoun, which confuses me as it is not a supply center.Shireroth enters Skiron, but graciously chooses not to capture the province.Karnali attacks Attera with the Rijskmark Army and supports the attack with the Cyberian fleet, taking over the province. BUT, the Atteran tank "retreats" into Vamsas, capturing the province! [Steven, I want confirmation from you that this is within the rules]Suggestions and NotesStormark failed to send in orders. Several of their citizens have been ground up and fed to Malarbor as fertilizer.Please identify your army by the square you are on now, not its starting square. If your army started in Aquilaria but is currently in Mesoun, and you want to move to Skiron, just say "Army Mesoun moves to Skiron"You CANNOT occupy the same territory as another nation's units, even if you're allies. If you try to, you will simply either bounce or evict their units from the province if you have more support.You cannot say "I support X's attack if it occurs". You need to commit yourself to the support, which means that if the person you're supporting doesn't attack, you lose your turn. The thing to do here is to IM X, ask whether he's attacking, and make your decision accordingly.Remember that enemy units that lose a battle can retreat!Remember that if you don't support your units in their attacks, you're just going to keep bouncing all the time, which is not nearly as fun as it sounds.I have posted a thread called Winter is Coming which explains what you have to do by Sunday. It should be pretty easy. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 11/5/05 13:05

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote: what's a tank unit doing in lemurian sea?That territory is a shallow sea. A shallow sea can be passed by land troops. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

Ah yes.... and oh scott, that "more northern sea i guess" territory can be renamed to Northern Karnalian Islands... cause there are like three islands in that region.. all occupied by Karnalians. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Apologies to Johanns, by the way. I felt like making devilment. Plus this makes things a lot more interesting

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I like the name as it is!

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Agreed. Keep that map or I will turn extreme into... um... Eclipse fertilizer. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

not very authenthic... but oh well... ps: bill.. would some mango icecream make do instead? Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Return to “Micronational Diplomacy (2250 - 2254)”