Treaty with Ascalon [1698 ASC]

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

andelarion

Treaty with Ascalon [1698 ASC]

Post by andelarion »

TREATY WITH ASCALON
30 Mar 04

HIS MAJESTY THE EMPEROR OF ASCALON and HIS MAJESTY THE KAISER OF SHIREROTH,

DETERMINED to bring the Most Serene Empire of Ascalon and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth closer together in the spirit of friendship and mutual cooperation,

AND DESIROUS of seeing the relationship between the Most Serene Empire of Ascalon and the Imperial Republic of Shireroth codified by treaty,

RESOLVE to conclude a treaty to formalize the relationship between their respective nations and to that end have named as their plenipotentiaries
His Majesty The Emperor of Ascalon, the Right Honorable The Lord Holmes of Doncaster, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs.

His Majesty The Kaiser of Shireroth, Scott Siskind, Duke of Hyperborea and Minister of the Exterior.

Who, having exchange their said full powers, found in due and proper form, have agreed to and signed the following articles:--

Article I

From henceforth, each of the contracting parties shall recognize the other as the sole legitimate owner of all territory, both physical and imaginary, which they claim, but nothing in this Treaty shall be construed as requiring the contracting parties to engage in warfare against any third parties that threaten the territorial integrity of the other contracting party.

Article II

Both of the contracting parties commit themselves to resolving all mutual disputes peacefully, using a neutral third party agreed to by both should this prove impossible by normal channels.

Article III

The contracting parties shall ensure that their respective countries shall remain open and accessible to tourists and other visitors from one another, barring national emergencies or other such security issues.

Article IV

Either of the contracting parties may withdraw from the treaty at any time, provided that the other party is given written notice of withdrawal at least three weeks beforehand.

Article V

This Treaty shall have effect from seven days after its ratification by the contracting parties.

Daniel Farewell

Re: Treaty with Ascalon [1698 ASC]

Post by Daniel Farewell »

I believe this treaty is still in effect.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Where is Ascalon? I've never heard of them.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Allot

Post by Allot »

If I can find their nation, then it's in effect. But I've never heard of Ascalon and their board requires all members to log in, and I'm lazy. I hate creating an account for every nation (grumble).
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Daniel Farewell

That's why you send ambassadors :-P Send Scott! He's friendly with them, methinks.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Scott is hiding again :( But when he returns I'll ask him. Thanks for pointing this out.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Daniel Farewell

Moot point. The country voted to dissolve itself a month ago.

Return to “Treaties”