Fall 1901 - It's a Bumpy Ride To Marseilles

Ari Rahikkala

Fall 1901 - It's a Bumpy Ride To Marseilles

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Turn-of-the-century Europe slowly stirs from its slumber as the Russian premier and the Italian whatever-you-call-the-local-head-honcho-guy begin to move late in the summer, necessitating several re-evaluations of the situation (read: I had to make and upload these bloody images three times and I had finished typing up this post both times when you submitted orders too, you bastards :angry ). However, in the end, every commander submitted orders. French troops bumped into two different nations in Burgandy and Piedmont and everyone retreated with profuse apologies, and for almost the whole summer it seemed like Turkey would gain control over the Black Sea until finally (at 44 minutes past deadline :angry ) Russia responded by having its navy go take a few potshots, resulting in mutual retreat. Otherwise, everyone's units moved as ordered, some more concertedly than others.

Thus, with no retreats necessitating clarifications to orders, Europe in the Fall 1901 stands as:

Every Great Power stands to gain supply centers next turn - and many to lose some already, should one player's craftiness so exceed another's. Remember, your forces' positions at the end of this turn decide which supply centers you take over, and therefore how many units you will be able to build in the winter.

What happens in the Europe of 1901? Stay tuned and check this thread maybe an hour or so after the deadline of Sun Nov 29 12:00:00 UTC 2009. Oh, and by the way, a clarification to the rules: Because of the annoyance of having to redo the maps several times, the deadline hereby becomes absolute. Orders received after the deadline are mercilessly ignored.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Fall 1901 - It's a Bumpy Ride To Marseilles

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Thanks for running this, Ari. That's a beautiful, beautiful map and I had no idea there was software that could do that. But nooooooooo! Don't make us wait all the way until Sunday!

PS: Germany not moving into Holland and threatening Belgium FTW! I owe you an apology, Icebreaker.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I'm willing to go down to three days. I think I can handle that.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU CAN SUBMIT MULTIPLE SETS OF ORDERS, AND ONLY THE MOST RECENT WILL COUNT - THUS, IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF A CHANCE OF MISSING THE DEADLINE NOW (TOTALLY LOOKING AT MIKE HERE), THEN WRITE SOME ORDERS REAL QUICK AND SEND THEM IN. YOU CAN ALWAYS OVERRIDE THEM WITH LATER ORDERS, BUT IF YOU DON'T YOUR UNITS WILL STILL MOVE - WHICH IS PROBABLY BETTER THAN ALL OF THEM HOLDING WHERE THEY ARE.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Very good to know. :thumbsup
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Return to “Non-Micronational Diplomacy #1”