The place of the SC forum

Harvey Steffke

Re: The place of the SC forum

Post by Harvey Steffke »

He has repeatedly stated that he is not issuing any sort of ultimatum that if the SC does not move, Antica will not join.
What.
So basically, this is me saying, "Antica would like to join. Would it be k if SC moved off Shireroth?" If the answer is no, then Antica won't join.
Still, if the organisation is unwilling to adapt, that's fine. We won't join.
I don't think Antica will be joining the SC while it is hosted on Shireroth.
So... like... I don't even know at this point. Can you two get your stories square and decide if either of you have the actual authority to speak for Antica as a whole or what? Because this is getting real confusing and I'm a bit tired of being accuse of lying when you're not even reading eachother's posts.
That as much as Harvey seems to paranoiacally suspect that the MCS is plotting some grand conspiracy, it isn't.
Just curious. Why is it okay for you guys to jump to conclusions like this but when I do it you're at my jugular vein? You both collectively have written like four or five paragraphs based on one sentence of mine. Yes, I question their neutrality, as any reasonable person should if we're being serious about this move, if only just to make sure everything is order. I see the MCS where it is possible for a minority to defeat a larger group over situations like Leng with arguments like "well it's too late to change it now" and "there's a silent majority that agrees with it." I see discussions being held in private forums with the attempts to make them public failing easily. These things to not inspire confidence in me. The Small Commonwealth isn't controlled by a small elite group that can somehow vote when others cannot, but by all member states. And we have no private forums, not one. Meanwhile I see a Shireroth that hasn't interfered one bit with the Small Commonwealth, updates the bank near daily, and starts a summit like this one to revitalize the organization when even the Primate (elected unopposed) is putting "Lay the SC to rest (if that's something we choose for, I propose that the SCUE will be continued)." on the list of options on what to do about the inactivity.

In fact, and you'd know this if you looked in that forum a bit more, I actually supported moving to the MCS hosting only a few days ago, as it seemed to be our last option to fight inactivity. And then the Kaiser came up with this wonderful summit that turned all that around and showed how unnecessary it was.

You can talk about Shirerithian dominance all you want. They basically saved this organization from a slow, painful death by simply giving a damn to try, and I don't think we should reward their dedication with accusations of abuse.

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

I just said that I don't think that Shireroth dominates the SC!

As for what Phineas has been saying, it does fit in line with his attitude that he will most likely not vote for SC membership if the SC remains in Shireroth, because it decreases the chances that the resolution would pass if he voted against it. But he also said that he was not issuing an ultimatum.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I think that you and Phineas should keep in mind that you're currently Head of Government and Head of State of Antica. When Phineas says something, it's not wrong to assume that he can say it since he is, after all, Head of State.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

Well, both myself and Chris are just one person each, one vote in the Assembly equally weighted. So when it comes to personal opinion- like which way my vote would go in a vote to sign the General Membership Treaty- my responsibilities as Speaker are not all that relevant. As for who has authority to speak for Antica? Well, any Antican can speak for themselves. There has been no Assembly resolution, no Foreign policy directive, no Bureau memo about the SC. Antica has no policy on the matter. We're here as individuals trying to make a difference. Now Harvey, you quoted this:
So basically, this is me saying, "Antica would like to join. Would it be k if SC moved off Shireroth?" If the answer is no, then Antica won't join.
Next line:
My attendance of this summit is part of an effort to bring us closer together. I haven't simply sent an ultimatum saying "CHANGE OR WE NO JOIN", I have tried to argue the point, although obviously quickly things have got out of hand.
So that might help you work out whether I was issuing an ultimatum.
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Right, Moving on!

Anyone else got anything to say on this issue. Support, opposition, pragmatic concerns?

Return to “Summit At The Tree”