Revised Poetry 101 Homework!

A place for impromptu lectures or debates. Stir up controversy, just like the forum's namesake, Kaiser Leto III the Bold!
Philip Locke

Revised Poetry 101 Homework!

Post by Philip Locke »

WE'RE FUCKING OFFENDED! LOCAL COTP CHAPTER SAYS... "ALLAH HATES SHITTY POEMS!"Give me examples of why Instructor Wanderlust's poetry is absolutely ghastly. Extra points will be given for carefully placed slights and strategic toolings! Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Alexandra Decens

Re: Revised Poetry 101 Homework!

Post by Alexandra Decens »

Locke...get a life... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

The point of me using these poems is BECAUSE they are bad, Locke. If you were patient and actually watched, I was going to have people rewrite them.But, since you're such a dick, and have offended my teaching skills, I'm going to ask that you be temporarily (or permanently) banned from Shireroth, or suffer some other dark fate.I hope you enjoy Hell, Locke. Because you're obviously going there. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

He's just being Locke. You can't blame him for doing what he does. He's like a particularly annoying force of nature. You just have to get used to it.And I'm afraid no one is going to do homework, so don't take it personally...a coupla people have tried giving out homework for micronational classes, and people just aren't dedicated enough. Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 2/25/04 8:24 pm

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yeah.. but that was really out of line even for him. He should still be censured for this. Banning is rather harsh. Since it's nothing that accually breaks any laws. But perhapsn banned from the University for a time. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

SaiKar LumEth

Post by SaiKar LumEth »

Pardon my random intrusion, but is not barring someone from the university counterproductive to the unversity's goals? I mean, sure, if this was a REAL university and Locke was trying to get an actual degree here, then that would be a devistating punishment. But this place is barely large enough to support itself as is and needs all the outside help it can get. Locke not partisipating in the university is worse on the university then it is on Locke.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I guess... But he should still be Censured somehow... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

I frankly dont' give a damn about the assigned homework. I give a damn about being treated with human respect. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Oh, noble Shireroth! How quickly you jump at the chance to crush someone's right to speak their mind.Shasta (Fax?), your poetry blows. Even your "good" stuff. I'm hesitant to even refer to it as "poetry". "Sub-par black metal screeds" seems more appropriate. You don't want negative feedback? Fine, don't fucking put your ass on the line, then. I've posted poetry, plenty of it. You and everyone else had the right to insult, trash, and bash it. Erik, you're as much of an ignorant asshole as ever. Censuring someone for posting an (admittedly viscious) review in the MOTHERFUCKING *UNIVERSITY*.Go ahead, Shasta/Erik & Co. Fucking ban me for speaking my mind in a place of "learning". Crypto-fascists. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:I frankly dont' give a damn about the assigned homework. I give a damn about being treated with human respect. Wow, I hope you're not going into art. Or, anything else for that matter. If a few nasty lines makes you whine about your need for "human respect", then you're fucking doomed. Suck it up. A few disparaging remarks never hurt anyone. In fact, it's a critical part of art and the progression of art.Quote:Pardon my random intrusion, but is not barring someone from the university counterproductive to the unversity's goals? I mean, sure, if this was a REAL university and Locke was trying to get an actual degree here, then that would be a devistating punishment. But this place is barely large enough to support itself as is and needs all the outside help it can get. Locke not partisipating in the university is worse on the university then it is on Locke. Thanks. However, no real-world university would ever "devistatingly punish" a student for making a wise crack about an instructor's poetry skills. If they tried, they'd be drowning in lawsuits. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Leave Locke alone, it's not his fault his days as a rock princess left him bitter and twisted.Seriously though, I think everyone's overreacting just a bit. Erik, let us all remind you, you aren't actually in charge anymore, at least not for another week or two, when you kill Wyltheow in a civil war or whatever. Until then, you're not even a Duke, or MoRE, or in any position of power. Hell, Locke has more power than you do. I have more power than you do, which is quite scary, since I have none. So in the meantime, stay off this spirited motherfucker's case, cos the 'Boreans ain't takin' none of that shit from no-one, boyee. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'TarasGrand Duke of Lac Glacei

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:cos the 'Boreans ain't takin' none of that shit from Word. Shasta et al, if want to fucking prove your skills, then come and drop your lines in my hood. That or continue to whine for an uncalled for banning like a little tool. Now it's time to kick out the jams, motherfucker!Edited by: Philip Locke at: 2/26/04 3:06 pm

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

??? *blink*... Please.. look up the word Censure.. and make sure you people aren't getting it confused with Censor.(sp). All I said was that banning and stuff was kinda overreacting. Censure is a stern statement against. to scold. That's all I'm suggesting (Not demanding.. not ordering...)... you know what.. this is the kinda crap I left on vacation for. People are instantly jumping to the conclusion that I'm trying to give orders and be an ass.. whatever.. I'm out of here agian.. see you all in a few weeks if I choose to come back. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Before I leave....Locke. I don't deny your right to express diaproval or approval for someone work. But the manner in which you did it was out of line. You don't seem to understand that in an "academic" enviorment you don't just say "You're work sucks!" and insult them. You suggest ways to improve. James is well within his right to be offended. Had to made constructive critisizms or such he wouldn't. Hell he proly wouldn't even be offended. And there is something just called common curtisy. There were a few poems of yours I didn't care for, but I didn't go and say "YOU SUCK! DOWN WITH SHITTY WRITERS!". I understand everyone has their own style and way of writing. Maybe it met some criteria of yours I didn't know of and was in fact great. If I had said something it would have been constructive. Proly would have asked questions first. And I'm still offender how people instantly jump on my ass for makeing some bloody suggestions on how to deal with the situation. But whatever... Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Locke, if you want to be respected as a Hyperborean, you're going to have to earn that. I don't think this was a very Hyperborean thing to do. I'm sure it was legal and you probably can't get banned for it, but it was just bullying, and shows a total lack of basic human respect and compassion.If you don't like someone's poetry, you either tell them what they can do to improve (in which case you would have ended up doing the homework in spite of yourself) or you don't read it. I (and probably most other people) give you that sort of respect when I read your poetry, and I think you appreciate it. You don't just say "you suck", even if they do. What good does that do anyone? Nothing. All you can hope to gain is a brief flare of twisted pseudo-self-esteem at having made someone else feel bad (wow, I sound like an adult...that's scary).Just because you're our resident evildoer doesn't mean you can go around being a jerk with no regard for other people, especially when they are trying to help Shireroth by helping at the University. I'm very disappointed in you, and I'm sure Eoin is too *nudges Eoin on the shoulder really hard*

Kaiser Wyltheow I

Post by Kaiser Wyltheow I »

Locke: To begin with, you are not approved to start threads in the university. Furthermore, you're conduct is incredibly immature and inappropriate for any setting. Since it is all I can do, I am asking you to refrain from posting in the university unless you have something constructive to add. This is not a place for you to make commentary, unless of course your professor requests it. Wylþeow du GrifosThe Kaiser of ShirerothThe gods blessed you with power and a visionThe gods gave you life to accomplish a mission...

Return to “Leto III Hall”