Poetry 101: Class 1 Homework

A place for impromptu lectures or debates. Stir up controversy, just like the forum's namesake, Kaiser Leto III the Bold!
Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Poetry 101: Class 1 Homework

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

Take this poem and find me all examples of rhyme, meter, and alliteration, and give reasons behind why each was used.Quote:Progressive Poets Pool Power Plays And PlansTo Trip The ManAnd Claim The Moon As Our OwnWeÂ’ll call the place home,A little slice of noise in the Sea of TranquilityThe Muse calls within me, filling an empty spaceWith words, words of power and pain,Of wars, of losses and gains,Words IÂ’ve used before and will use againWhatÂ’s different now is the force behind themPhrases like “The sin that stopped time” float to my mindLike soap in the tub,Ready to rub away the shell of this worldLike petals uncurled, revealing the center of space,A mystic place where few go and fewer returnFor coming back is a war in itself,A war in oneself,A war with oneself,ItsÂ’ like touching a star and freezing a spotJust something that should not ever beLeaving this behind is like killing a part of meNot what I want to doNor how I want to do it,But itÂ’s what IÂ’ve got, and IÂ’ll run with it,Run down this desert highway,Pass on the right-hand side with a triumphant cryAnd break the speed of lightIÂ’m not getting pulled over this time,No way, no howIÂ’ll outrun it somehow,Put the pedal to the metal and throttle up my boosterTaxi out for takeoff and leave a smoking strip behindLeave the earth behind and make a life on the moonWith some progressive poets pooling power playsAnd plans to trip the man and claim the moon as their ownÂ…our own little slice of noise in the Sea of Tranquility. Remember, my child, without innocence, the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion, and you're nothing but a name.Edited by: Shasta Rana Wanderlust  at: 2/24/04 4:09 pm

Return to “Leto III Hall”