Yardistani History - First Class

A place for impromptu lectures or debates. Stir up controversy, just like the forum's namesake, Kaiser Leto III the Bold!
Gryphon Avocatio

Yardistani History - First Class

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Hello, and welcome to the Yardistani History class. I shall be the Professor.For those who are curious, this class will cover the history of Yardistan since it was created. It will not cover fantasy history of any sort, so you can tell your friends with fair accuracy that you have studied Yardistan and know the whole story.Of course, I do not believe I am unbiased (quite to the contrary, I believe that I am very biased), and I welcome discussion on the topics that I will present, including trying to prove that I am incorrect. In that way, we both learn. As this is a basic history class, I wouldn't mind hearing questions about specifics; however, Yardistani history is pretty shrouded and I may not be able to answer all questions that are presented.So, sans further adieu, I would like to start the first Unit on Yardistan: Pre-Gryphonic Yardistan.Quote:Unit 1 - Before the Gryponic Ages-Lesson 1-The Birth of YardistanYardistani history is really a difficult thing to trace back, mostly because it was never a formal addition to Shireroth. Also, the threads behind it are scattered over several threads in different forums on at least two separate EzBoards.We know for sure that Yardistan was "annexed" by the Hegemony of Alexandros on 11 April 2001 (actually, that is when it was created), a little before Shireroth was a year old. It's origins have been traced to Erik Metzler. Initially, it was just him running around the FIOJ stealing stuff. When Stjepan Aracic came to shireroth to visit, and Metzler asked him "Got any Colonies, Territories, Protectorates, states, provinces or Nations I can have?" Aracic responded that he in fact did and donated several square inches of his backyard to Shireroth. When Metzler asked as to how the new terretory should be named, Aracic simply responded "Yardistan."Since Stjepan (AKA For Her Light) was of Istvanistani blood, Yardistan adopted bits and pieces of the Istavanistani culture. Until the coming Gyphonic Ages, Aracic retained ownership of Yardistan and was also named governor by the Kaiser. A forum was created, and the rest, as they say, is history.It is this original combination of factors that has influenced Yardistan to this day. Unpredictability and an insatiable urge to annex things have been the hallmark of the small island located south-east of the Shirerothian mainland on the MCS map. It is perhaps the most outstanding of all the Shirerothian duchies, it's name being known and somewhat feared and reviled by many important historical figures. It owns property in a great number of other nations, has started countless rebellions in a few, and has been a very influential body since its founding.It only took five square inches of Aracic's backyard.See also: pub9.ezboard.com/fshirero...D=59.topicQuote for this class: "Now I can tell my friends that 'I have sent a message to an area of five cents of the backyard of a guy called Aracic.'" -Ari Rahikkala -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Imigration and Naturalisation, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! God save our gracious Queen, long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen. Send her victorious, happy and glorious, long to reign over us; God save the Queen. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour, Long may she reign.May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause To sing with heart and voice God save the Queen. Edited by: Gryphon Avocatio  at: 9/30/03 9:38 pm

Return to “Leto III Hall”