An Idea

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Sebastien Alexandre

An Idea

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Since everyone has been wanting to come up with an idea for a recwar, how about this?

Overview:

It is a dry, dry, year, with hardly any rainfall. What little crops had grown that year on the continent had been mostly consumed by grass and forest fires that had sprung up among the dried and harsh grass and other foliage.

The unthinkable had begun to unfold, the River Elwynn was beginning to drain. Every day the shores receded by 3 feet or more, until the once mighty river was but a twindling creek. Thousands died across the country, as the Ardashirsharans struggled to grow their favored grapes, the Illuminators of Halluci barely managing to hang on, Lunarians in a panic as the hailed-fertility of the ground became rendered utterly useless from sheer lack of moisture.

They were not the only effected, either. Kildare, Hyperborea, and other regions such as this were affected as well - imports of food that the local cultures had so heavily become reliant on had drained to an absolute minimum. The rulers near the Elwynn River had made it clear - what little food they could scrounge together was for them and them alone.

This of course, outraged the Barons and Duchesses, Dukes and Baronesses of the far off regions to no end. Antica was in a sheer uproar as wealthy merchants were forced to do mere plough work to scrape up a meer loaf of bread to eat each day - the same was in Kildare, and indeed the entire country.

Forces have begun to mobilize across the country, as accusations are hurled in every direction. Those of Ardashirshar and Lunaria blaming Shirekeep, the Halluci of Illumination praying for the Moon Goddess to calm her daughter's fierce wrath of drought, Monty Crisco pointing fingers at Halluci. Northold blamed Kildare for the lack of shipments coming to them, saying they were withholding items, while Kildare blamed the entire Western Half of the country for poor management of natural resources. The Holy Lands, used to dining on exquisitive and expensive food, were in utter outrage when all they could find was mere 'local wine and cheese'.

Whatever the cause, tension was high, and this grass fire required naught but a spark to ignite.
--------------------------------------------
Basically, the river Elwynn is a creek now, and everyones in a panic, scrounging for resources.

Im game for this scenario, of course... but, anyone else?
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians
President of the University of Geneva, Empire of the Alexandrians

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

It's not political enough to warrant starting a war, if you ask me.

gotzborg

Post by gotzborg »

Very neat background, but I agree with Fax, there needs to be some trigger point of major contention to make this more than a Shirerethian Red Cross emergency.

ACII

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

I have a simple suggestion which detail could be added later: Naturally, resources from the River Elwynn are now in high demand. A small fleet of scuttled ships on the coast of the Shirelands has been found, containing a large amount of food and other supplies that are now very high in price. It was not known at what port it had left from nor which one it was going to, and it bore no insignias or logs to indicate whom it had belonged to. Apparently, the cargo was not even supposed to be there in the first place. So of course, the various Duchies were quick to accuse the other of smuggling goods (for only a noble could amass a number of ships and resources like that), but extremely slow as to decide who the remainder of the cargo would go to.

This should spark a war, I think.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Mmmmm... war from calamity.

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

Nothing else embodies "politics" like "Let's fight a war when we all have low resources anyway >_>"

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

Little incentive for foreign involvement though. Unless the warring duchies contact foreign powers to aid them.

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

I like Rakasha's addition, and that should certainly start something.

And though an incentive for foreign involvement, would many outside of Shireroth realize our goods were low? We've always been isolationist, so I couldn't imagine exports of any kind being to high, and I doubt nobles would be quick to announce they're now in a weakened state.
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians
President of the University of Geneva, Empire of the Alexandrians

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”