The War of Vengeance UNITS THREAD

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Fax Celestis

Re: Gotzborg Expeditionary Force

Post by Fax Celestis »

THat's true, Ardy, but this is turning from a battle into an overwhelming massacre, and massacres may be fun for you to watch, but I'd much rather have a fair fight.I'm going to ask the judge to do two things: (1) put a freeze on any more troops joining the Elwynnese side; and (2) deny the entry of the newest unit to the war, as I personally believe she joined Shireroth (and Elwynn) for the direct purpose of joining the war effort, and fully intends to leave when the war is over.If that can be proved to me otherwise, 2 can be tossed.But this is getting pretty ridiculous. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Exactly my point. Frankly, there shouldn't be so many foreign troops to begin with. This was a Shirerothian war, not an international war - Antica is probably the only real exception given the fact that we are so close friends with them, but it is not the case with Gotzborg or the GC.If all you are going to do is just make sure that your side is winning, that ruins the entire point of the war. I'd like to point out that I started this war (And for the last time, stop calling it the Yardistani side. There is a grand total of one Yardistani troop there.)Extreme, you were made judge because you would be neutral on the inner matters of Shireroth. If this is going to be blatently biased to the Elwynn side due to its GC connections, (You might have been joking with that Fifth Isle statement, but I am not - there is no reason why a foreign unit that has no actual relationship wit the matter of this war should start so close) then this war might as well be declared over. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

By the SNARL rules we can invite whoever it pleases us to. If you lack the wherewithall to muster a big enough army that is frankly not our problem.I am fighting this war for the sole purpose of saving Ardashirshahr and the Babkhan culture in Elwynn from destruction should the war effort end because the crusader forces are afraid to fight then that suits me well enough.

Dugobert Wurmser

Post by Dugobert Wurmser »

no its not. You guys got Antica, you're fine. Admiral Dugobert Wurmser,Commander of the Central Fleet, Grand CommonwealthChief of Staff, AerligField Marshal, Aerlig

Osman Shahanshah

It is all allowed as per the decleration on starting the war that was signed.And the latest recruit to elwynn is a resident so is entitled to fight. Edited by: Osman Shahanshah  at: 10/12/05 10:07

Osman Shahanshah

Exactly Bill and co had no problem calling foreign mercenaries to do their dirty work and thats fine because they are part of the clique - but woe betide anyone else who tries the same tactic it would seem, because then it becomes unfair and cheating for no reason other than we are able to muster our forces more effectively than they can.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

How is it foreign mercenaries? Antica is quite a different situation from the Grand Commonwealth - our relationship with the Anticas is up to the point of all-but-merge, but that is completely different from the Grand Commonwealth and the like.Yes, it is unfair when you bring in a huge number of troops just so you can win. Why don't you try to win with an equal amount of units instead of having to go through inviting a ton of other people? This war became SNARL so that it could be organized, not so that it would become an entire amount of an actual power struggle. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

So the Anticans are ok because they are your satallite state is that what you are trying to say?

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Both of you, cut it out.Bill, if you want more troops, go get them. There's several Anticans that haven't signed on the bandwagon yet. You could also pester Moose, the Cyberians, the parts of the GC that haven't picked a side yet...Ardy, stop provoking him. You're only making it worse. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

Quote:I'm going to ask the judge to do two things: (1) put a freeze on any more troops joining the Elwynnese side; and (2) deny the entry of the newest unit to the war, as I personally believe she joined Shireroth (and Elwynn) for the direct purpose of joining the war effort, and fully intends to leave when the war is over.1. As per Snarl Charter:Quote:D. Belligerent parties can include nations, organizations, and individuals. Once a war has started, no new belligerent party may join except at the invitation of a belligerent party already participating.Hence, I cannot stop new players from joining. This just means that Yardistani.. er Bill's side will have to work harder on recruiting more people to join their effort.2. It is not mentioned in the charter that I can or cannot deny entry to new units, although it seems to suggest that once they have joined, the only way for them to leave is if they decided it for themselves to leave, or they lost everything in their unit. Now, assuming that I have the power to deny them that, on what basis should I deny it? The fact that they are taking part in the war simply because of the need to support war effort would not hold, since each and everyone of the other player is doing the same. However, since you feel that she joined Shireroth because of this war, then I guess the Shirerithian government has to make the decision on whether she is a citizen or not. Not Snarl, or a judge. I don't think it will be fair to her that I deny her entry just because one of the players feels that she is not a true Shirerithian or she is here only to play in the war and nothing else.Quote:when the hell did this war's premise go from handing a bunch of native conscripts guns and cheap weapons to arming people with machine guns, rolling in with tanks, and fucking ARMADAS. I can understand light magic use because at least it keeps with the feel, but seriously—when did we start allowing fighter planes and modern naval units?!The war was started on the basis that magic and weapons of WWI and nearby years would be allowed. Tanks, fighter planes, machine guns (really slow ones), submarines were all available in WWI. And Armadas, well.. they were available long before WWI, my friend. As of now, I believe all the units are in the context. Well.. all except mine. Quote:Frankly, there shouldn't be so many foreign troops to begin with. This was a Shirerothian war, not an international war - Antica is probably the only real exception given the fact that we are so close friends with them, but it is not the case with Gotzborg or the GC.War, even on a national scale erupts and influences the entire world. Good examples would be the Vietnam War, or the Afghanistan War (between the afghanistanis themselves). In this war, you are out to try and remove all signs of Babkhan culture and influence in Elwynn culture. That is a good enough reason for the Babkhans to be a part of this war. Infact, it makes more sense for Babkha to fight in this war than Republic of Antica.Quote:If all you are going to do is just make sure that your side is winning, that ruins the entire point of the war. I'd like to point out that I started this war (And for the last time, stop calling it the Yardistani side. There is a grand total of one Yardistani troop there.)First off, what's the point of having a war then? You fighting to lose? If you wanted to create a story or something of that nature, then do it alone or work with somebody in that. Not recwar it! And yes. We should stop calling it Yardisntani side and call it.. hmm the next biggest collection is Republic of Antica... let's call it Antican side. Quote:Extreme, you were made judge because you would be neutral on the inner matters of Shireroth. If this is going to be blatently biased to the Elwynn side due to its GC connections, (You might have been joking with that Fifth Isle statement, but I am not - there is no reason why a foreign unit that has no actual relationship wit the matter of this war should start so close) then this war might as well be declared over.I am trying to be as much in the middle as possible. I cannot stop more people from joining Elwynn. If you can get 10000000000 people to join Yardi.. er your side, then I cannot stop that too. And yes, i was joking with the Fifth Isle statement. For the sake of convenience, let's assume that Gotzborg navy is starting from Gotzborg and that the planes are coming in two days time (they shall appear in Elwynn directly).Quote:Exactly Bill and co had no problem calling foreign mercenaries to do their dirty work and thats fine because they are part of the clique - but woe betide anyone else who tries the same tactic it would seem, because then it becomes unfair and cheating for no reason other than we are able to muster our forces more effectively than they can.Not exactly foreign mercenaries.. and bill isnt' exactly accusing you of cheating.. he just does not like the idea of facing you and your side, which has grown since the war started.Quote:Antica is quite a different situation from the Grand Commonwealth - our relationship with the Anticas is up to the point of all-but-merge, but that is completely different from the Grand Commonwealth and the like.all-but-merge... hmmmmmmmmmm.... so much for that. Republic of Antica did seem to be prospective nation... but it seems, according to bill, that it was just so that they could be a part of Shireroth.. oh well. this is not my area..Quote:Yes, it is unfair when you bring in a huge number of troops just so you can win. Why don't you try to win with an equal amount of units instead of having to go through inviting a ton of other people? This war became SNARL so that it could be organized, not so that it would become an entire amount of an actual power struggle.War is not fair. It is unfair. The enemy always has the better fort. It always has the better horses, guns and training. And the sun is always on their side. But that does not mean, you cry and give up. I would have personally proved it to you that being the smaller would still win, but Jaris didn't get far enough. Ask UEC, or whoever wanted to attack me in the end with 50 aircrafts (against 24). I had my defenses set up, and if was going to break through them, it would take a lot of fight to get me eliminated. But i am sure you are already aware of the fact that good strategy and use of your magic powers to their full efficiency can help you still. Good writing skills is not going to help you win the battle, but it will surely give you a gold star to boost your unit's strength.And really, there is no power struggle here. What are we struggling for? More military power in SNARL??? its not even something that would be recognized by a member who is not interested/member of SNARL.Note: Upon reading the unit of the lastest entry in Elwynn.. it says the unit is based in Caligae... that is where Bill is landing. and since bill declared it before hand, the new unit has to find somewhere else to start from. this is done mainly because bill would have (theoretically by now) landed in caligae.. and hence, it would be unfair for him to suddenly go into war with a full unit.. Civitas Nova would be a good enough place to start.... Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I'll support Extreme on this. Also: The new citizen has been approved. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:First off, what's the point of having a war then? You fighting to lose? If you wanted to create a story or something of that nature, then do it alone or work with somebody in that. Not recwar it! And yes. We should stop calling it Yardisntani side and call it.. hmm the next biggest collection is Republic of Antica... let's call it Antican side.You are missing the entire point of SNARL. SNARL is meant to be a story, nothing more. It's not meant to be a war in which there are real enemies fighting each other and the like - the only way to solve that is internet warfare, which is banned. Recreational Warfare is supposed to be for fun, not for a goal.Also, it is called the Vengeance side.Quote:all-but-merge... hmmmmmmmmmm.... so much for that. Republic of Antica did seem to be prospective nation... but it seems, according to bill, that it was just so that they could be a part of Shireroth.. oh well. this is not my area..*smack* What I mean here is that the friendship is good up to the extent in which we are absolutely not willing to give up soveirgnty and the like, while at the same time converse together. Of course the Republic of Antica is a prospective nation.Either way: Has there been a offical invitation of the parties by the Dukes? The only offical party invitation I have seen other than Antica was Aryez, by Osmose, who, although not participating, is in charge of the Vengeance side as this war was Yardistan VS. Brookshire offically, although the sides participating in it are actually different. I have not seen Fax invite Gotzborg or the GC.This war must be fun, or I am not participating. And if I do not participate, you lose the entire purpose of this war - it's not going to be a matter of "winning," it's a matter of "this war isn't going to have happened in the first place." And if the problem is the agreement, then it's time to edit the agreement.Quote:And really, there is no power struggle here. What are we struggling for? More military power in SNARL??? its not even something that would be recognized by a member who is not interested/member of SNARL.The struggle is almost purely a Soloralist matter, one involving Shirerothians only. It really isn't appropriate for people who do not understand the background to join this war. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Alright, quarrel of whether others may join the war aside, there is certainly an overbalance of units in the most recent to join. As evidence:From the SNARL Charter:Quote:B. A unit has a strength equivalent to 25,000 soldiers, 5 battleships, or 25 planes. Players are encouraged to have creative unit compositions, but units keep this basic strength no matter what their composition is. For example, a player could have 5,000 well trained soldiers backed up by a group of tanks - with a strength still equal to 25,000 normal soldiers. Barring other variables to be discussed below, all units start with equal strength."From the Declaration of War:Quote:3. Each belligerent participant shall be allotted a maximum of 5,000 men per unit. The strength per man shall be proportional to the total number of men in the unit at the start of the conflict. No unit shall be stronger than any other at the beginning of the conflict.This suggests that any naval unit should have, in this war, a maximum strength of ONE battleship, and any air unit should have, in this war, a maximum strength of FIVE planes. The GC and Gotzborg units have claimed ten watercraft and 40 aircraft plus men, respectively. I think these units should be cut somehow. Scion of the Mog Kaiser

osmose1000

Re: The War of Vengeance UNITS THREAD

Post by osmose1000 »

Once upon a time, Yardistan was sitting by itself, all bored. A dude named Nick was bored and said that he wanted something to do. Another dude named Bil, came and said that some dudes that Yardistan didn't like should be totally slapped.And we went to slap. But the dude in charge of Yardistan, named Moose, didn't like the Slapping Organization, and decided to stay out. So Bill and Nick went to slap up some dudes. They brought their friend Shyriath too.However, the dudes they were smacking didn't like to be smacked. They got together and decided to slap back. Their names were Ardy, Fax, Ric, Oz, and Eoin.Moose saw that his friends were outnumbered. At the same time, another friend name Steven came and asked if he could help out. Moose said okay, and Steven brought along his friend Octavius, who Moose didn't particularly know too well.Fax and Shyriath were doing some pretty cool slapping. Everyone else was doing pretty boring slapping. Then, Ardy and his friends called in some more friends, like the Viking King. The Viking King did a totally bogus slap and got called on it. Some dudes from a place called Gotzborg came in to help as well.Soon everyone was fighting about who slapped who and about others coming in to join in the slapping. One dude, Bill, who helped start it, threatened to go home.Moral of the Story - This is why I didn't join in the first place. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

King of Gotzborg

Post by King of Gotzborg »

Well I didn't think the Gotzborg units were in excess of the SNARL charter, but if they are in addition to the GC units, I can most definetly scale them back to make them more appropriate.Personally I am here to interact with others, play a bit, get other in Gotz involved and have fun. I don't particularlly need to interact with Ardy, we do that enough, but I think this for me was a good opportunity to play with Shireroth and Antica in the sandbox. What with osmose being a good guest and Shirerethian Ambassador in Gotz, I resent the statement someone made earlier which I read to say "Antica is our friend and to hell with Gotzborg and anyone else" Even though these may be stories we play out, they help to build relationships. You want to play in the sandbox alone, no prob, I can take my planes and go home, but I resent the lack of desire to build relationships, especially since I had gathered the impression lately that Shireroth was interested in taking the initiative to get back out into the micronational world and re-connect with those other nations.But like I said before, I woul like to participate. I only have 40 planes (which don't shoot out fire mind you) and one regiment of troops. I can cut the regiment back to a 1/3 of its strength no problems. Sincerely,August Charles II

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

In reality ,the unit should have 5 planes, and maybe slightly a bit more if you have lower quality planes - the rest of the troops have a maximum of 5000, 1/5th of the unit amount. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

You're welcome to join in a SNARL war. It's just a really bad coincidence that you had to come at a time when the amount of people in our current war was a bit swollen. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

Quote:Either way: Has there been a offical invitation of the parties by the Dukes? The only offical party invitation I have seen other than Antica was Aryez, by Osmose, who, although not participating, is in charge of the Vengeance side as this war was Yardistan VS. Brookshire offically, although the sides participating in it are actually different. I have not seen Fax invite Gotzborg or the GC.The invitation does not need to be official. Also, its not necessarily upto Fax only to invite other nations. I believe the GC and Gotzborg were invited by Ardashir (well.. he's the only one i would have blamed... knowing him, it has to be him!)Quote:This war must be fun, or I am not participating. And if I do not participate, you lose the entire purpose of this war - it's not going to be a matter of "winning," it's a matter of "this war isn't going to have happened in the first place." And if the problem is the agreement, then it's time to edit the agreement.I would like to point you to the Charter:Quote:E. Once a nation is involved in a war, it cannot leave the war until it has signed a peace treaty with every nation it was formerly at war with, either separately or all together. The peace treaty may have any terms that the parties negotiating will agree upon. Non-national belligerent parties may leave the war whenever they wish.F. At any time, a nation that wants to leave the war can surrender, in which case they lose everything they offered in Step C but are considered at peace with the opposing nations. At any time past the end-date of a war, if the war is still going on a nation that wants to leave it can ask the Commissioner for a force peace, in which the Commissioner drafts what he considers a fair peace treaty based on the progress of the war thus far and forces both parties to sign it. No force peace will take more from either side than they offered in Step C.So, if you were to leave or stop participating, you would essentially be giving up... and then, if Vengeance side loses, that would mean your city of New Kajar burning... whether you like it or not, whether you participate or not.. it will burn.. and burn it shall.. unless if you end up winning, in which case it would be ardashishar burning.. Another thing... this war might have started because of you.. but it certainly wouldn't be happening if others had not agreed.. and thus, you can't just this is your war bill.. this is everyone's war.. fax, shyriath, ric, ardy, ... and remaining shirerithians.. as well as international participants who are here to kill some shirerithians! Quote:The struggle is almost purely a Soloralist matter, one involving Shirerothians only. It really isn't appropriate for people who do not understand the background to join this war.It doesn't matter whether the people who do not understand the background join or not... i dont think apart from you and ardy, any one really knows what this war is about and why its taking place (apart from the fact that it has something to do with elves)... and again, like you have been screaming, this is about fun.. so, everyone is here to have fun.. not fight for solarism or some elf thing... Gryphon... hmmm.. i seem to have missed that... yes.. 5 planes or 1 battleship.. but, hmmm.... considering that this is WWI tech, i guess we can relax it to a higher value like 15 planes or 3 battleships.... cause, if not, then we got major problem with ozarka's unit.. he started with 50 dragons and 1000+ magic mages.. see, that's why i hate magic stuff.. it creates problems for unit strength and all... Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

King of Gotzborg

Extreme, if I remove one whole Flying regiment, will that be acceptable?ACII

King of Gotzborg

Have you looked at our planes? I am King of low techLow Tech?Would this be acceptable? Its not like we have any F-117 Magic Fighters. The flying units have a total of 40 of those low tech biplanes and the regiment itself only has a 1500 with tanks that are basically boilers on treads as opposed to T-80's.And sorry to show up at this point, I tend to like the dramatic involvement when things are all arranged and set.ACII Edited by: King of Gotzborg at: 10/12/05 15:53

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

hmmmm.... let's see.. you got 40 fighters, 1500 men and 90 tanks... those fighters are, (pardon me) shitty.. they have no form of self defense against Anti-air (those howitzers that downed 20 dragons!)... and they are also not very efficient bombers (which will be their main goal, since there aren't any air threats).. infact, i dont see how they could be bombers.. so, yes.. those planes can be greater numbers that 5.. however, not as many as 40... i would personnaly say 15, but go with 10 planes.. i dont think you need them as such.. i dont know how you plan to use them.. but i think 10 should suffice.. you can keep all the men and tanks though...or, if you want to have more planes, then reduce the men and tanks.. or magic!so, here are your options:1. 10 Fighters, 1500 Men and 90 tanks.2. 20 Fighters, 750 Men and 45 tanks. (or some good combination)3. Bring in a new unit with magical powers (and you can have as 1500 men i believe). Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:It doesn't matter whether the people who do not understand the background join or not... i dont think apart from you and ardy, any one really knows what this war is about and why its taking placeThen they shouldn't participate in the war. People such as Ric, Shyriath, and Fax know what they are doing. If they arn't willing to at least look into the background threads, they should not participate. This is not a mindless war.Quote:So, if you were to leave or stop participating, you would essentially be giving up... and then, if Vengeance side loses, that would mean your city of New Kajar burning... whether you like it or not, whether you participate or not.. it will burn.. and burn it shall.. unless if you end up winning, in which case it would be ardashishar burning..Hey, if I quit (And that's a far cry from losing) because of how this war has gone down the crapper, I'm simply not recongizing the existance of this war in the first place. It is my County, after all. (Not including the fact that I am the cartographer of Shireroth, but that's another matter.) With your latest stunt telling me to "get over" someone who went from Gotzborg, in a nation that didn't declare war or declaring their intent in the war, to the destruction of a historical Amitian City in one post, and you just say I should even remotely imagine that an event would have even began to take place, then frankly, you should not be judging. I do not tolerate people who freaking post crap like that.I'm sorry, but when the major people who had the idea for the war for the first place (Me, Osmose and Fax) notice huge glaring errors and you refusing to change anything because "it's not in the charter", there's a problem. Things are broken here. Fix it or you might as well notice that SNARL will probably die after this. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

with regards to dugobert's post.. i have now come to the decision that he is either outside of Amity's waters (just sitting there idle).. or near Aerlig, with a day (real world) more to go, before he comes back to Amity...and with regards to "Get over" comment, it was more to do with people saying how unfair this war is because of the larger number of players on the elwynn side.. you (vengenace) side have two more interested parties sitting at your door step, with osmoose at the door who has closed it shut on them.. so, perhaps, you would like to be the door-keeper for a change!Quote:I'm sorry, but when the major people who had the idea for the war for the first place (Me, Osmose and Fax) notice huge glaring errors and you refusing to change anything because "it's not in the charter", there's a problem. Things are broken here. Fix it or you might as well notice that SNARL will probably die after this.funny.. fax agrees with me.. and osmoose.. well he is not playing.. you do realise that he can bring in another unit for your side.. but he is not.. and he is complaining of the large number of players on the elwynn side???? and apart from the fact that there are large number of players on elwynn side, is there another huge glaring error?? let me know, so i can fix it.. without you telling me about the errors, how am i to fix it? if you dont tell me, then i obviously assume that everything is fine and dandy... which reminds me.. BILL.. you got to nominate one of the elwynn side for a gold star.. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

King of Gotzborg

Ok, my units have been adjusted in my post on page one. I chose to go with option 1 that extreme proposed and changed starting spot to Fifth Isle.I appreciate everyone working with me on this.ACII

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Extreme, I don't think you understand that we don't WANT giant fucking rave with every single person with a keyboard participating. If Ardy continues to bring people in because he doesn't give a shit, then we can just consider this war null and void. If you're going to play to win no matter what, don't even recwar.I also find it amusing that the only two people who are doing anything interesting and fair to both sides are Shirerithian. Perhaps that's why we didn't want everyone and their mother joining. I will admit that I invited Antica after we discussed it, but the only reason I don't rescind my invitation to them is because they've already put effort into this, and I don't want to nullify that, whether I think their quality of writing is good or not. They worked hard, and deserve to stay.Benevides (Or however you spell his name) is joining the opposite side because we didn't want him. That only proves my point even more that foreigners participating in a war based on internal grudges is wrong. They'll just fuck everything up out of spite.Who said that there can only be one SNARL war? If you people are so fucking enthusiastic about participating, MAKE YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED WAR!And for all you rightous foreigners who don't know what the hell is going on: Ardy massacred the Elwynnese elves a long time ago. The elves fled to Amity and Mirioth, within Yardistan. Now those elves and their protectors are striking back at Elwynn, who welcomed back the Elf-Killer with open arms. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...Edited by: osmose1000  at: 10/13/05 10:11

King of Gotzborg

I apologize for being part of causing such a rucus, directly or not. As such, I am going to withdraw at this time to be fair and in the hope of mitigating some of the issues.I think though it speaks well of Shireroth that it has had the best planning and set up in the rec-warring field that has (on a positive note) drawn so much attention and desire to participate, even though some of those didn't always conduct themselves as appropriately as one would wish.Regards,ACII

Augusto Benavides

Post by Augusto Benavides »

Well, osmoosy, you got something right, I do not care about you nor the elves, I was here because of the action, the war itself, and to support the anticans not you really.But calm down, King August Charles II is leaving, I am leaving, that leaves only the alexandrians left I guess.But don't get me wrong, I am not joining the "others" on this same war, I am planning to invade you sometime in the near future, and yes I will call the "others" for support.And one more thing, it's BENAVIDES, OK? Gen. Augusto Benavides,----------------------THE CONFEDERATE STATES OF THE RIO GRANDE

Osman Shahanshah

In future all wars shall be flame wars it seems. It's not all bad though, what we loose in simulated cohesion we gain in visceral hatred, which is always much more interesting. Edited by: Osman Shahanshah  at: 10/13/05 14:34

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:But don't get me wrong, I am not joining the "others" on this same war, I am planning to invade you sometime in the near future, and yes I will call the "others" for support.The wars can only happen if the people accept them. If they do not, (And odds are that Osmose won't, as he hates recwars) then it will not happen.Few have actually posted in the war now - even myself. How about we actually go to the actual point of the war - having fun - instead of arguing about this? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”