War of Vengence OoC Comments

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Fax Celestis

Re: War of Vengence OoC Comments

Post by Fax Celestis »

Quote:Fax and Shyriath's "We've Got Hostiles" topic has me totally enthralled. I'm loving the scenario they've set up and eagerly awaiting the outcome of their contest. Both players are portraying their characters amusingly as well. You've got me hooked guys.Thank you, Harvey.Honestly, we're wondering how it's going to go too.//stickies the topic. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

Howitzers were in use as early as the 18th century. It just took a little longer to load back then.The tanks, I admit, are a bit of a strech. But they're the WWI variety, and therefore shouldn't be too hard to stop using conventional methods. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Harvey the Blue

War of Vengence OoC Comments

Post by Harvey the Blue »

The purpose of this thread is to contain all general Out of Character discussion about the War of Vengence. Say what you like, say what you don't like, say what you hope might happen, give encouragment and suggestions to the other players, etc etc. It would really be cool if this could get pinned. Fax and Shyriath's "We've Got Hostiles" topic has me totally enthralled. I'm loving the scenario they've set up and eagerly awaiting the outcome of their contest. Both players are portraying their characters amusingly as well. You've got me hooked guys.A lot of everyone else seems to be sitting around, mumbling about how war is hell and how they never saw this coming. I find this sort of introspection boring and would rather see your characters defined by their actions rather than their thoughts.Bill's character is somewhat of a disapointment at this stage. Since he seems to be the one out for the most Vengence, I was hoping for a very bitter, almost insane character, but he seems to be just steepling his fingers and thinking to himself rather than DOING ANYTHING.Ardashir has done a pretty good job coloring the other side as the bad guys in his intro, although I admit his writing style doesn't hook me.OctaviusMe sort of alarms me. All tanks and howitzers in a medieval / fantasy / low-tech war? I'm wary.Everyone else is doing too little of anything to be worth commenting on right now. Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Quote:Since he seems to be the one out for the most Vengence, I was hoping for a very bitter, almost insane character, but he seems to be just steepling his fingers and thinking to himself rather than DOING ANYTHING.Actually, he's traveling to Elwynn. Boats move 500 pixels a day, so he'd need about three or four days to arrive. Admittedly, he could post something about an occurrence at sea, but since I don't think there are opposing naval units in the area...

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Quote:...but since I don't think there are opposing naval units in the area...There's always Leviatan! Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Harvey the Blue

*wave*

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Eh, I ws hoping to see him shouting absurd orders and psudo-quoting Soloralist texts about rightous judgement and death from above and things like that.

stevenAntica

Re: *wave*

Post by stevenAntica »

Quote:Everyone else is doing too little of anything to be worth commenting on right now.thanks...I guess I haven't written enough.

OctaviusMe

Re:

Post by OctaviusMe »

Quote:OctaviusMe sort of alarms me. All tanks and howitzers in a medieval / fantasy / low-tech war? I'm wary.I was told in the Declaration of War thread that it was WWI tech and magic.

extreme007

Re: Re:

Post by extreme007 »

aye... and you are in line with it... carry on. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

I've noticed that there are 6 armies for the Elwynnese and 5 for the Yardistanis. The odds are kind of stacked against us.

OctaviusMe

Post by OctaviusMe »

There be 4.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

who said war was fair?and there is 5... 3 anticans, 2 shirerithians (bill and shyriath). Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

Well...SNARL should be fair. And things are only unfair in love.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Well, now you've got the Aryezi, so shush. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

The Aryezi? You call that an advantage? ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

lol. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

But Elwynn's got Harold Thorstein.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Yes, and that man invented war!!

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

whose Harold?edit: nevermind... figured it out.. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)Edited by: extreme007  at: 10/8/05 19:49

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

I'm confused. According to the unit thread, the troops led by Osman are one unit, yet controlled by different people. I don't know if that counts as three seperate units or otherwise.If it is more than one unit, please put it as such as seperate posts in the unit thread.By the way - when are gold stars going to be given out? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

Aryez is obviously not coming can we get some sort of advantage in the form of extra troops?

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

no advantage in any form of extra troops... i believe that antica once held a similar advantage against shireroth in the Velkin war.. so deal with it.bill.. you and ardy have to recommend me of people who deserve gold stars.. after that i will give it to them.. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Bill,Technically the Elwynnbrigaden is commanded by Ric, but I know roughly where you are coming from so I shall try to explain.There are three individual regiments commanded by players on the Elwynn side:The Eliriaregemente commanded by RicThe Huskarliregemente commanded by HaraldThe Royal Šâhvârbiše Rifles commanded by yours truelyHowever to give these three regiments some cohesion and a rational chain of command Ric has been placed in charge of the combined Elwynnese forces as is right by virtue of this being his Barony.The Eliriaregemente and the Elwynnbrigaden HQ Staff, while performing seperate functions have been derived from Ric's manpower allocation and thus both are accordingly under his command.We will not reproduce the summary notes of each regiment seperately as this would represent unnecessary duplication. As for Steven's request, if the Anticans are allowed to press gang peasents Elwynn will feel itself likewise obliged to muster every dumb dung smelling rustic with a pitchfork or shotgun.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Hey, I just annexed horses! Is there a law against that? ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Considering that you are doing it in the name of Yardistan, then no. If for Antica, then yes. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

considering that this is war... and that you are your own unit.. yes in all cases... even if you are doing it for antica... however, if that's the case, then you have just broken one of the shirerithian laws... but then again, this is war, and just about everyone is breaking one or the other law.. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

I'm Yardistani. The unit may have the same name as it did in Antica, but at the end of the day (or war), they're still Yardistani. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

hehehe... there goes another plus point for dual citizenship! Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I don't like Octavius getting awarded gold stars for drawing out what didn't have to be so damn long. Stars should be based on quality, not quantity. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I agree. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”