War of Vengence OoC Comments

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Osman Shahanshah

Re: War of Vengence OoC Comments

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Quote: I don't like Octavius getting awarded gold stars for drawing out what didn't have to be so damn long. Stars should be based on quality, not quantity.In this case quantity was merely a symptom of quality. Lengthen your attention span Moose, and stop complaining - you're not even taking part

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

octavius had good quality in the post that i talked off and the one that osman recommended....and yes, if you are out of this war.. stay out! (bill.. you got to recommend one of the elwynn side people for a gold star.... if not, then i will give one to whomever i feel like *looks at fax*) Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Tell that to Sai. :PBut no. Octavius's posts, although it definately shows that he makes a good effort, is filled with too much mindless detail that just comes off as being there for the sake of being there. Fax, on the other hand, balances detail and content quite well. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Quote: Tell that to Sai. :PThe day when Jarvey stops being just a pessimistic self-appointed commentator, I will take his opinion seriously. Other than that, he serves merely as a rabble-rouser for malcontents. And not the focused kind of malcontents, either, the annoying kind.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

*ignore... for some reason it was a double post!* Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)Edited by: extreme007  at: 10/10/05 16:16

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

who is sai? and who is jarvey???and osmoose, bill has to recommend fax to me.. fax cannot be recommended by ardashir.. and that's the main reason for me to say that if bill does not put forth his recommendation, then i am going to give someone a star... (*looks again at fax*) Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I never meant to nominate him. I just think his posts are awesome.And Jarvey is Harvey is Sai is Sai'Kar is Old Bastard. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

dont worry.. you can't nominate anyone.. even if you try to! Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

OctaviusMe

Post by OctaviusMe »

If you'd like, I'll only write summaries from now on.

Harvey the Blue

Post by Harvey the Blue »

Quote:The day when Jarvey stops being just a pessimistic self-appointed commentator, I will take his opinion seriously. Other than that, he serves merely as a rabble-rouser for malcontents. And not the focused kind of malcontents, either, the annoying kind.The hell? Okay, now I'm getting legitiately curious. Did you make a vow to personally insult everyone and everything in Shireroth ala Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged? Because I haven't posted a single comment on these boards since praising Fax and Shyriath's battle, and I come back to see this totally random and unprovoked attack. And every other post I've seen of yours while skimming other boards is something like " Gods, you're all such whiny pizzantes" or "Like I could give a flying feck. I'm the Kaiser. Are you? No." or " The glorious Benacian Empire had its chance, and it squandered it fairly spectacularly." It's probably one of those famous hillarious in-jokes and I'm sure you're all having a good laugh about it now. "Hey guys, I'm going to make Eoin the Kaiser," says Scott. "And he's going to insult EVERYONE! We'll see how much they put up with." or something. Care to shed some light on the mystery? Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

start a recwar!!! do what steven is doing or wants to do atleast.. .start a revolution.. this would be the Ideal time to do it!octavius: no no... dont.. you are doing fine! dont listen to moose.. he's just moosing around.. aparently, the grass is greener on our side! Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

I agree with Harvey. Even if you do consider it humor, Eoin, you lost your touch - it simply is not funny, and is more akin to being annoying and almost offensive. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

You say that as though you think you do not deserve to be insulted on a regular basis - which for any micronationalist is a ridiculous notion.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Yes, I don't deserve to be insulted on a regular basis. No one does. It is only allowed when the other person finds it allright, but I do not (At least from Eoin), and neither does Harvey. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Forgot my daily "Fuck you, Ardy." Damn. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

On an aside: may I ask what's going to be done about Admiral Wurmser's actions in the "On the Coast of Gotzborg" thread?I don't particularly object to a GC or Gotzborg presence in the war, but a good point had been raised in that Adm. Wurmser managed to zip his fleet across the ocean within the space of one post, entirely at odds with SNARL rules, and that this is being allowed for no particularly good reason except that it happened... and on top of this, went and bombarded a city with no one to defend it, no reason to be attacked, and no chance for someone in charge of it to tally their own damages... I don't know if that's against a rule or not, but it's certainly against the spirit of things. While I am pleased that extreme has taken measures against the bombardment, something still needs to be done about the violation of the movement rules that Adm. Wurmser has committed.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

aye... regarding the movements... the charter says 500 pixels a day... now that i think about it.. i dont think it mentions whether its real world day.. or game day... if its game day, then the movements are fine... they are within 500 pixels i believe... however, if its real world day.. then yes.. we got ourselves a problem.. now.. since most people (er.. all?) have used real world days till now, i guess we'll go with that.. and say that dugobert still has to make the move from Aerlig to Yardistan. or amity. .whatever.. (unless, if he decides that he initally is coming from Aerlig, then we'll have to accept that his ships are outside the territorial waters of Amity).. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Harvey the Blue

What's a game day? I checked the charter and everything I saw involving time (movement speed and allowing enemies to react) was in terms of real world days. Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

Harvey the Blue

Comments and suggestions:Oooookay... is this a war, or a holiday get-together? Is there any actual fighting going on? Fax/Shryiath's battle has totally stalled, a few people have invaded and taken over some undefended cities, I think someone stole some horses for God only knows what reason, and a huge armada fleet somehow broke the rules to bits by having like 10 times the normal unit power, moving at ridiculous speeds, and destroying a totally neutral city in one attack.... yeah. Um. Yeah.Methinks this war will teach us several lessons about what to add to the SNARL charter. Namely...1) before the war starts, the sides have to be relatively balanced, (i.e. no more than two people extra on one side)2) new parties that join the war should have the approval of BOTH sides of the war, in the general interest of fun, balance, and letting players have some time to prepare for new challenges.3) there should be some rules on judging, namely, what they should do. I want to be hard on extreme007, but to be fair, there's no rules at all for what he should be doing. A section should be added that a judge can declare something that breaks the rules to scale down, and something that breaks the rules BADLY to just go away.4) people should minimize the amount of threads they make. It seems like everyone is in a vacuum here. Recwars are about huge armies clashing over territory, not about one unit encountering another unit every week or so.5) that part about people taking things too seriously should be enforced with an icy determination. Seriously. They're fake troups from fake countries. Throw them at your opponent's army. Let them die, who cares? Harvey SteffkeSai'Kar's Memories LiveJournal - ranting about Shirerothian issues since fall 2004.

extreme007

Post by extreme007 »

isnt that what i said.... that dugobert has to either be outside of amity's territorial waters... or back at aerlig.. the city is not fired upon.. i repeat.. the city is NOT fired upon. Discover, Invent, Theories, Experiment,Advance Science,Advance Extremism,(in Karnali, Republic of)

Osman Shahanshah

Quote:1) before the war starts, the sides have to be relatively balanced, (i.e. no more than two people extra on one side)I disagree - wars are seldom if ever fought on equal terms. If a side finds itself in circumstances where it is weaker in terms of manpower than its opponents it should tailor its tactics and strategy accordingly. For example when Elwynn looked as if it was alone and hopelessly outnumbered it prepared for guerrilla warfare but as the balance swung in its favour it was able to change its tactics and go onto the offensive (and regardless of what anyone says Yardistan supported the crusade against Elwynn and thus is a legitimate target for whatever can be thrown at it - although admittedly the great offensive hasn't been as great as I had hoped for in terms of well everything really and shall be redrafted in due course).Quote:2) new parties that join the war should have the approval of BOTH sides of the war, in the general interest of fun, balance, and letting players have some time to prepare for new challenges.Is this to be a war or a joust? Conflict is dynamic unpredictable and unfair. Fun comes from fighting, not whinging about the odds - Elwynn did not whinge when it seemed that all of shireroth was coming on a crusade to obliterate it, instead it grimly prepared for war. Having successfully recruited reinforcements we will not deny our enemies the similar right. It would be illogical, as though the Axis Powers could have vetoed the United States entry into the Second World War to ensure that the balance between the opposing alliances would be maintained. Wars are fought, by fair means or foul until the outcome is reached and those who initiate the war have no right or recourse to complain if the course of events runs against them. Quote:3) there should be some rules on judging, namely, what they should do. I want to be hard on extreme007, but to be fair, there's no rules at all for what he should be doing. A section should be added that a judge can declare something that breaks the rules to scale down, and something that breaks the rules BADLY to just go away.Agreed.Quote:4) people should minimize the amount of threads they make. It seems like everyone is in a vacuum here. Recwars are about huge armies clashing over territory, not about one unit encountering another unit every week or so.Agreed. Though the armies in this war are hardly huge or appropriate to the size of continent being fought over.Quote:5) that part about people taking things too seriously should be enforced with an icy determination. Seriously. They're fake troups from fake countries. Throw them at your opponent's army. Let them die, who cares?The war is being fought for over a contested issue, the avenging of an issue that is a sore point with many in Shireroth and can be legitimately taken seriously by the parties that stand to loose out as a consequence, the obliteration of one out of two target cities (albeit fake) is on the cards after all. The last part of point 5 however is a valid one, the fun is in the fighting - lets get to it. Edited by: Osman Shahanshah  at: 10/13/05 12:52

Osman Shahanshah

Yes another good reason to drop the rec aspect - it may be fiction but it is the fictionalising of real micronational politics - rivalries continued by other means etc.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:Is this to be a war or a joust? Conflict is dynamic unpredictable and unfair. Fun comes from fighting, not whinging about the odds - Elwynn did not whinge when it seemed that all of shireroth was coming on a crusade to obliterate it, instead it grimly prepared for war. Having successfully recruited reinforcements we will not deny our enemies the similar right. It would be illogical, as though the Axis Powers could have vetoed the United States entry into the Second World War to ensure that the balance between the opposing alliances would be maintained. Wars are fought, by fair means or foul until the outcome is reached and those who initiate the war have no right or recourse to complain if the course of events runs against them.It is foolish to actually call recreational warfare a real form of micronational warfare. If it was, it would be consistant of real politics, real feelings instead of roleplayed ones, et cetera. It is not - in fact, it is usually done in a tongue-in-cheek matter between friends, or friendly rivals at the most. Real micronational warfare died years ago with the banning of internet warfare tools. So yes, this is more akin to a joust, because we are supposed to do this for fun and nothing more. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 10/13/05 14:12

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

You can't "drop" the fic aspect. It doesn't work that way. Why should I cooroperate with someone I hate, for example, or participate in something that isn't fun? One can simply refuse to participate, ruining the point of the war in total. Do you actually think someone would participate in a real micronational war in terms of simulated aspects if they were going to lose something? No - they would (and have in the past) just ignore it.If you want real warfare, then use things that have real consequences. There is nothing that actually enforces someone invading a fictional land if the person who owns the fictional land refuses it, especially if the person who is invading godmods, something that happens too often. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Allright, nevermind. I'm just going to stop complaining and start participating. I'm part of the problem, and I don't want to be that, so right now I'm just going to participate even though few are. Meh.A lot of these problems are rhetorical problems and are not popping up. I rather focus on real problems, not a pointless argument that I have started for a symbolic reason. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 10/13/05 16:32

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”