A thing of beauty is a joy forever

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Re: A thing of beauty is a joy forever

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

Sure! Just teach us how to play ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Ohshit, micronational Risk. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

You've been saying a lot of really incomprehensible things lately, Bill. I assume you mean Aeneas of Troy, but how does this relate??Rules. I have two thoughts. The first is that we just play Diplomacy for now, in which case we'd get seven people to be seven different nations (I suggest Shireroth, Antica, Babkha, Attera, Treesia, Cranda, Gotzborg, although certainly other combinations are possible), give each three supply centers, and play normal diplomacy.The second is a combination diplomacy and recwar. This would be tougher. Each person could play one unit. That would mean he's the one who sends in the game orders for that unit, and that in addition to having lots of supply centers, a nation would need lots of people to play all of their units. Of course, the head of the nation could still coordinate and order each person what to do with their unit. One of the phases would be a "story" phase, in which each unit player would make a normal recwary post describing what had happened to their unit in the past while, based on the game, and the best one would get a gold star that gave their unit extra strength or some extra ability. This would, needless to say, be really hard to pull of but have the potential to be really nifty.Right now I say we gather seven people willing to play seven countries and start off with a normal game.

Scott of Hyperborea

A thing of beauty is a joy forever

Finished! Now who's up for a game of micronational Diplomacy?

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Righto. Now we just need control center... thiniges, although that shouldn't be too hard. Actually, would we even need that? Just set the units starting positions and the like. We can just act using the Diplomacy's rules for war with modifications based on the SNARL rules for one-on-one battles.Of course, there's the problem for the smaller wars, such as the War of Vengeance - we might need more detailed maps.You sure improved from your days of Troy of Aegenus, Scott. *ducks* Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 10/21/05 20:33

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I notice that none of the newer landmasses are on there.

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

I was about to mention that. No doubt Scott has his reasons, wishing an atlantis style fate on Cibola being foremost amongst them but nonetheless this is a pantswettingly brilliant concept.Bravo to the arch-heretic.

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

That map reminds me of Nobunaga's Ambition. Also, pending on the rules, I might participate.Maybe we can get 6 or 8 people willing to fight 3 or 4 to a side and just play Diplomacy that way? Or is that unrealistic? They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Sibir Khan

Post by Sibir Khan »

Not bad.Although you should still be burned with a stake of holly through your heart for removing the new islands.

Scott of Hyperborea

Well, Diplomacy really works best if there are a lot of different sides participating. The whole point is to form byzantine alliances of player 1, 2, and 3 fighting players 4 and 5 with player 6 remaining neutral and player 7 pretending to be with one group but actually spying for the other, or something like that. It's also pretty important that there be enough people so that most of the map is occupied.

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

Squid, we also need to give values to places that are unclaimed.Let me do some cosmetics on that there map.

Scott of Hyperborea

Before I dole out supply centers I want to see what nations are going to be involved so I can make it fair.

stevenAntica

Post by stevenAntica »

I'm designing a map for the nations you suggested, Cranda, Gotzburg, Babkha, Cranda, Shireroth, Antica, Treesia, and Attera. I'll dole out supply centers. I've also kind of messed with the territories, as is Shireorht is so much bigger than everyone else. I'll dole out three for everyone and then I'll put around 5 or 6 other supply centers around the map.

Scott of Hyperborea

Erm....well....I was kind of planning to do that...go ahead, but I reserve the right to change or to not to use your map if I don't like it.

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”