Diplomacy and SNARL

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Osman Shahanshah

Re: Diplomacy and SNARL

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

I think such a move would tie in nicely with how I fight my wars any how.

Scott of Hyperborea

Diplomacy and SNARL

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

During New York convention, some of the Anticans taught Gryphon, Shyriath, and I a boardgame called Diplomacy. Diplomacy is all about moving fleets and armies around World War I Europe and allying with other people to take over as much territory as possible. It's a very challenging and very fun game.I've been following what's happening with the War of Vengeance and it seems like the big problems are with movement and deciding battles. Diplomacy's system is all about easy, intuitive ways to move and decide battles.I think we should seriously consider working to adopt Diplomacy to an Internet environment and to the MCS map, neither of which I think would be very hard. Then we can combine it with the best parts of SNARL. For example, we could continue giving out gold stars which increase military power to the people who do the best storytelling.Here is an explanation of some of the rules of Diplomacy

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Scott, you seriously don't remember the Stories and Diplomacy forum in Apolyton? That forum was held mostly to online Diplomacy games. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I remember it, I just never participated.

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”