Statement on the War of Vengeance

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
RicLyon

Re: Statement on the War of Vengeance

Post by RicLyon »

Heeyyy... Relax. You seem a bit not-so-happy about this.... Something wrong? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Kaiser Yarad I

Statement on the War of Vengeance

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Although it shouldn't need to be said, as this is a "civil wars" for all intents and purposes I think it should be made clear: SNARL wars stay in SNARL.I've seen some posts in fiefdom fora lately that indicate this war is in danger of lapping into quieter lakes. The political sphere of Shireroth should be kept separate from the roleplaying and fictional elements involved in recwar. Yardistan will not be regarded as subservient to Brookshire, or vice versa, regardless of who wins or loses. I also want to see a written declaration, including victory conditions and the outcome if either side wins or loses. I do not want there to be squabbles afterwards about any judging decisions or do-overs on the victorious side's reward.Apart from that, have a nice war.

Kaiser Yarad I

Post by Kaiser Yarad I »

Ric, don't tell me to relax. I am perfectly happy about this war, I'm just making some things clear from the outset as with this sort of recwar resentments could be created over judging decisions and bragging rights and so on and forth.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Sorry Discussions are underway on the "rewards" Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

I don't like the concept of awards. Can't we just agree that everything will go back to normal at the end of the war? They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I left you a note. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:The political sphere of Shireroth should be kept separate from the roleplaying and fictional elements involved in recwar.I have seen varrious decrees and the like in the past in which the government would intervene in wafare and the like. I don't know how things changed since then, yet... Hm. I know that there is the decree saying that the government would not participate in fantasy, but that in itself doesn't remove itself from Kaiser intervention. Am I missing something here that had occured? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Yes.This recwar is between the Duchies and is, for all intensive purposes, not to be taken as canon history.More of a military exercize with ulterior motives. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

not too be taken as canon history?! Why on earth would it not be? It *is* happening.. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

*Stands up, pulls out a piece of paper saying "Statement from the SSHIT Offices" on it; puts on reading glasses, clears throat*Ahem. "We are not amused!" ...Thank you. Carry on then.*Sits down*Seriously, though: I can understand not taking the war itself as canon REAL history. I'm rather hoping that's what we're talking about here; it would be sufficient to say that "a recwar happened between so-and-so, with the reasons officially being such-and-such", with perhaps a footnote to the effect of there being X amount of personal history involved. That's fine; it keeps things in perspective. It just sounds a little odd to speak about canon in that sense, because I don't think anyone's developed a particular canon for actual events (the closest thing being Scott's histories, but I don't think anyone's declared them official yet).But if we're talking about keeping this outside of the fictional history canon, that I have a problem with. Most real, consequential conflicts are rather hard to translate into fictional terms, which means that when we're talking about writing up sections on wars, recwars are going to provide a lot of the interesting material. If things like this AREN'T fic-hist canon, you're going to have a horribly bland history on your hands, because recwars are prime fodder for this sort of thing.Now, on yet the third hand, from a completely non-historical point of view: it really is admirable to try to keep this from resulting in personal emnity and such. But I'm not sure that simply saying "it's just a SNARL thing" is quite the right way to go about it; emotional investment was likely present from before anyone was thinking about the war. For example, we're all familiar with Ardy's apparent love of elf-killing; and on the other side of the equation, I seem to remember his attack on BAM being poorly received in some quarters due to the manner in which it was carried out. Fictional events these might be, but if they're carried out with any degree of effectiveness (for good or ill) they're going to evoke emotions in people. Saying it's just a recwar won't prevent those emotions from affecting things outside the war. It's like how there was once a war in Central America over a soccer match (I think it was soccer, anyway); clearly the events that were the immediate spark were of no practical consequence, and yet war there was. The raw emotion was there, and it was given a vehicle in which it could go rushing foreward, however silly a vehicle it was....And, I think I rambled more than I intended.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

So what are your suggestions, Your Spiciness? Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

You can certainly use other wars as canon history. But my policy is to not to put up my duchy for a fictional rape, especially if I'm not going to participate in it.And I don't participate because I don't have fun in SNARL, so nyah. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

What if we limit the battles and all to the Benacian continent, would you then accept the war as "canon"? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Because that's just setting a limit on the battlers. Me and Fax already agreed on the matter, anyway. (See the agreement in Yardistan) You can go and start the war and write all you want about it. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Might I point out that if Yardistan is unwilling to put any of its posessions at risk it follows that it is unacceptable that Elwynn be asked to do likewise. Therefore the only possible conclusion to this war if it is to be carried out through SNARL is that Ardashirshahr and Babkhan culture in Elwynn will survive.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Me and Ardishir have come to an preliminary agreement. If his side wins, the Ardishirians destroys New Kajar. If I win, the CoD militia destroys Ardishirshahr. Both of these cities are important to us, obviously, (With New Kajar the capital of my Barony-to-be) and it doesn't involve any concession with Yardistan. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

That I'm okay with, but run it by Moosey Fate. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Which ruins the entire point of the war. Both sides should be willing to give concessions.I'm not willing to start a war (mind you that this war was all my idea, and I am the major participant on the "Yardistani" side, which is a bit of a misnomer as there are not a lot of Yardistanis on the side) that was motivated by change in order to not have change in the first place. The war must exist fictionally, osmose, no matter if you want to particpate or not. If not, we might as well cancel the entire war.Osmose, you arn't even interested in fictional history, let alone you creating it, so you really don't even have the authority to argue that it isn't part of the fictional history in the first place.Remember that the war was motivated and initiated by me. Instead of having a Yardistani concession, let's have a concession by me. (And my Barony-to-be) Fair enough? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 9/26/05 10:25

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

It's your stuff, you don't have to pass it by me. But if you must, it seems good to me.And Bill, just because I'm not interested in fictional history doesn't mean I could care less if something bad happens to Yardistan in it. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”