War of Vengeance Background

The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
RicLyon

Re: War of Vengeance Background

Post by RicLyon »

More background stuff:During the Ardashirian era much of the central forests were burnt down en masse to "smoke" the elves out. Today, much of Elwynn is a cold desert of ashes, a place nobody really visits. There are said to be many ruins in the deserts. Some reports of elves living there (unconfirmed)When the majority of the Ardashirians left, the Hyperborean government sent in troops to investigate the genocide, and to rebuild the land. Today a small, but significant, minority of Hyperboreans still live in Elwynn. The Ardashirian minority (about 30% of the population) who are still left in Elwynn are constantly targets for racism and discrimination by the wider population (mainly Elwynnese Human - descendants from Brookshire and Goldshire settlers long before the days of Mari). Perhaps their treatment had triggered some aspects of the war.The Hurmu minority is the remnant from the Hurmu rulers of Elwynn. They tend to keep into cities. They are a sort of an upper class, and despite their efforts for reconciliation and peace between the Elves and the Elwynnese peoples they are largely ignored. Most people sum up the Hurmu people as "talking, never acting". They talk about "peace" and "harmony" and "forgiveness". Forgiveness is not anything anybody in Elwynn is ready to do. Especially not the Ardashirian minority and the Elwynnese Humans.There are a few groups of Goldshirian and Brookshirian farmers around the borders. Mainly quiet.Just a few ideas this. What do you think? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Bill3000

War of Vengeance Background

Post by Bill3000 »

Right. I believe that one of the most important things in any SNARL conflict is the background of the war. This war especially, has background. After some discussion with Ric, I have come up with some ideas to help flesh out the background behind the war.The elves that were in Elwynn could be considered refugees from the nations of Elpidos and Menelmacar, the two havens in the world for nonhuman species. We can consider the events that had taken place in real Menelmacar to be akin to CoD3's Purge of Nonhumans, in which there was a crusade to rid of non-human species, which would lead to the fall of Elpidos and Menelmacar by foreign nations. (In CoD3, this major nation was Tymaria, but CoD3's details, a Soloralist concept, is not really important here - the importance is the theme of genocide and the collapse of the remaining elven nations after they came back to existance. I'd also like to mention that elves in microntions (The ones in Delvenus, Menelmacar, Elpidos) seem to generally worship a form of Soloralism. (Changed by Mari beyond recongition where the major focus would be prayer, but descended from Soloralism nonetheless.)As such, the refugees of the nations would flee across the world, and as akin to reality, they would mostly flee to Shireroth. Elves of the nations would flee to Elwynn, humans to Kildare. Elwynn would be, for awhile, a haven for elves from the rest of the world that they would have thought to be cold and unwelcoming. (Represented by the anti-fantasy movement that would be going on around that time.) Once Ardishir came, he would start something that would be akin to a second Purge through the genocide of the elves, the few remaining survivors heading to the islands of Miroth and Amity.Years later, before the Velike War, the Control of Destiny Militia would be formed from the descendents of the Elpifernos, Menelmacari, and native New Jasonians that lived in Kildare, whose goal was to protect the legacy of the past. Once Elwynn was threatened again, Radru Umbarcotumo, a Soloralist Paladin of Mithaniel and descendent of the famous Elpiferno General Quillan Umbarcotumo, had found what he considered the seeds of corruption returning into Elwynn, desiring to purge the remnents of the past. For the vengeance of the lives of the elves that had been lost years ago - through the pain that those people had to undergo throughout their entire existance as a race, (Which, in Soloralism, would be the Eve of Destruction, Purge of Nonhumans, and the genocide of Elwynn {Does that event have a name? If not, we should make one.}) he declared a Holy War against the corruption, planning the invasion of Elwynn for the destruction of the Babkhan remnents of the barony. Radru would invite the Barony of Amity and Miroth to join, which in turn would invite Yardistan as a whole to declare war on Brookshire through the escellation of hostilities that would ensue as a result of the fuedal system.How do you guys feel about this? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 9/21/05 7:05

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Keep talking while I make a list of targets old chap.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

Both of your posts are accurate. A note though: The Elves left mainly for Amity and Mirioth, but there are Elves in the County of So Sara under BAM as well. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find. Edited by: AngelGuardian93  at: 9/21/05 10:19

AngelGuardian93

Hah! Bring it on sparky! There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

This is obviously important. A letter from the lands of Elwynn, entitled " A message from The Angelguardian, Baron-pro-temp of BAM.", and its reply:Quote:Dearest Ric Lyon, Baron of Elywnn, and he who I would call friend;It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter. Both you and I know a war is looming. The ever pacifistic people of Elywnn have been forced to take up arms, and the Yardistani people, the elves in particular, have lost their morality. Now they yearn only for revengance against Ardashir Khan for what he has done. This is the main warcry I hear from every town and village from the Duchal residence to the smallest hamlet in So-Sara.You have apoligisied time and again for what happened, and I have accepted, in hopes that Elywnn will one day be healed, and that perhaps... in time... that the Elves might return to their cherised Elywnn. But now myself, my Duke, and my people, find it nothing less than a rescindance of said apology for not only accepting Ardashir Khan back into the country, but giving him the power of a military in you're barony.I understand that what he did was sadly comissioned by our esteemed government in a bad show of judgement (which was then swiftly covered up and ignored), but I must insist that in a show of good faith you give control of your militia to someone else, and kick him out of Elywnn forever. Amity and Mirioth will not go to war with your barony upon pain of death for breaking a sacred oath, but if such a thing does not happen, we will consider it no less then a slap in the face and will have no more relations with you. I pray that all this talk of war will blow over and that you will have no more dealings with the great devil, in the name of our friendship, Ric.Signed, with hopes of peace;The Angelguardian of Amity and Mirioth,as acting Baron-pro-temp.Quote: My dear friend, the Angel GuardianI thank you for your honest letter. I understand how my brothers and sisters in Amity and Mirioth feel about this. They ask themselves “how can Ric who has vowed for peace and reconciliation, let Ardashir return?” I feel their frustration, even up here along the frozen shores of Cape Farewell, where too many of our brothers and sisters took their lives so that they could escape the tyranny and destruction that was coming.Now that Ardashir has returned so many memories must have been awakened in my elven brothers. First the fear, then the sorrow, and lastly hate. It is sad. And how can hate reconcile two brothers?It was hate that drove Ardashir to committing the genocide. And hate can lead to so many things. I am not saying that the elves are to be blamed for anything, but there must have been a reason for a man such as Ardashir to commit these atrocities. I don’t know the background. Before the Ardashirians left they burnt as much as they could and the only thing left for me to research was the stories of the survivors.The survivors’ stories were moving. They pierced my heart and even at this very moment they are still in me. For each beat my heart does I see the tearful faces of the people I met in Amity. They were forced to leave their homes, their lands and their hopes and dreams. All of them had lost loved ones.You are wise, my friend. So you must know that there are always two sides of a story. The Ardashirians are almost denying the massacre. And to be honest, I cannot find much proof of it ever happening. The Ardashirians were good at covering their tracks. All that we can find are the accounts of the witnesses. I do not disbelieve the witnesses. The genocide is a fact. And all of Elwynn regrets that.The Ardashirians who stayed after Ardashir left stayed because they had grown to see Elwynn as their home. And who am I do deny them this? I too have grown to love this land. There is something magical about it.Those Ardashirians who stayed did not even leave after many of them had been murdered in the alleys. They had been kidnapped. The Ardashirian children were not allowed to go to schools where the Elwynnese Humans went. They couldn’t vote. They couldn’t get decent jobs. They were exiled to the camel trails in the middle of the freezing desert. Even there did they face the hardships of evil from their Elwynnese brethren. “There has been a famine. Food goes to Elwynnese and Hyperboreans first” So many of them starved. In fact there had not been a famine.The only reason the Ardashirians were targeted was because they bore a collective guilt for what had happened the elves. The Elwynnese used them as scapegoats for everything that went wrong: the unemployment, the deforestations, the cold winters… It was hate and vengeance.Still, these Ardashirians feel that Elwynn is there land. If they felt like Babkhans they would have returned to the warmth of Kamalshahr evenings and the buzzing bazaar.They felt that they could trust no body in their own country, Elwynn.It was about now that I came to Elwynn from Hurmu. I vowed that the Ardashirians would have a life that a human is worthy of. I vowed that one day the elves could feel that they could return. The standard of living for the Ardashirians has increased. There is little poverty now.Even after I and my Hurmu commissioners for betterment had done all this for the Ardashirians, they would not trust me or the other Hurmudans. And who could blame them? After Ardashir left the Elwynnese people said that the Ardashirians could stay and have Elwynn as their home. They said that they knew that the Ardashirians as a people bore no guilt. They were merely pawns of a mighty game.Ardashir was in Babkha during this time. He had not after his departure cared much for his people in Elwynn, but after the Hurmu takeover Ardashir felt that he could actually do something for his people. He initiated education activities. He established ties between Babkha and the Ardashirian community. He helped the Ardashirians build a sense of self-worth.The Ardashirian community invited Ardashir to come and visit. And so he did. During these visits, Soloralist fanatics from Kildare came along too. They put there posters up all over Eliria. They spread flyers. They painted graffiti on the palace walls. “MURDERER!”They held rallies in the ancient gardens of the goddess Elwynn. They rallied that they would destroy the city of Ardashirshahr and that all parts of the Ardashirian culture would be gone. They shouted out their calls for destruction and their calls for arms. “Up to arms!” they shouted.I now realized that my people was in danger. When I grew up in Hurmu I was raised into believing that violence was always wrong. I was brought up under the parole of “eternal harmony”. The lake the capital of Hurmu is situated at is called “Peace” in the ancient Hurmu language.But now I felt that there was a real danger for the people of Elwynn. If the Soloralist fanatics, who now had the backing of the Yardistani duke, would go and invade and terrorize this country, how could I as their leader protect them?I couldn’t. I had no experience of any kind of violence. I knew nothing of war or destruction.The Ardashirians grew increasingly scared. Under the years of my government I had discouraged violence and weapons. They had nothing to defend themselves by. What a mistake.Ardashir decided that he would come and help. He would help his brethren in Elwynn to fight off the fanatics and the Yardistanis. Only from him could I get a viable security for my people.When people who are so strong in their faith shout out in my own country that no Ardashirian will be left, how could I not remember the tragedy on the elves? No one stopped the Ardashirians from killing the elves. But this had to be stopped. I would not tolerate hatred in my country.Ardashir came to Eliria and he was hailed as a Messiah by the Ardashirians. They felt hopeful. They felt that their very survival would be safe. How could I then turn Ardashir away? How could I look into his eyes and say “You are evil. You don’t belong here” when I saw what kind of hope and what kind of sense of community he instilled in my people. If I exile him I will have killed the Ardashirians. I will not have another exile of Elwynnese people. I will not have another era of discrimination against parts of the Elwynnese people. And I most definitely will not have another slaughter of my people. The only one I felt could safeguard the freedom and lives of all my people in Elwynn, was Ardashir.People call this conflict between the Yardistani religious coalition and the Elwynnese people a War of Vengeance. Have not my people suffered enough? Haven’t they paid for the elven genocide?My friend – I too hope for peace. I am very sorry that history took this turn. The Elwynnese people will never forget the atrocities committed. But they will not let it happen again.I hope that you can understand my reasons for letting Ardashir return. And I hope that the people of Elwynn and the people of Amity can be in a state of amity. I hope that you and I can remain friends even in these dark and troubling times.Yours truly,Ric. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Another thing:Ardashirshahr is located just by a big dam. Should the dam be destroyed then there's a risk of flooding in Brookshire, and even Shirekeep. Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

Also, at the start of the war there is a large Halluci-population already stationed in Elwynnese territory.

AngelGuardian93

FYI Bill, there will be more to that letter thread proly. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”