The Shireroth/Natopia/Antica Recwar League
Osman Shahanshah

Re: The Commonwealth View of the War

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Northern Cibola perhaps.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

how about the Brookshirerian continent? ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Osman Shahanshah

Not a bad idea - Panzerlanders/Vicarians invade Elwynn.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Why always on Shirithian territory? Blindness Is A Blessing

Osman Shahanshah

Blame the Minister of Immigration.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

As much as I'm sure Shirerithians would love to invade foreign territory with no reason whatsoever and conduct ourselves there pretty much how we like, I seem to remember an unofficial ban on this nation's policies imitating those of the USA.. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

Osman Shahanshah

In lieu of which it falls to the Commonwealth to invade other countries and conduct itself pretty much as it likes.

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

big open land...plenty of unclaimed space to fool around with...mountainous reigons...the opportunity to destroy Musica again...Brookshire is perfect. ________________It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word.-Andrew Jackson

Osman Shahanshah

It's just a shame we won't be going to Brookshire... though if you ask really nicely we can throw the destruction of Musica in as backstory.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

I will not consent to another war untill I know if Extreme will use his celing-bombing technique. Among other things... There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

We've had one war in neutral land, and one war in in Shirerothian land. It's time we did something different. ...actually. I got the perfect idea.Let's reinvade Velike/Audentior. Oh, and next war, magic please. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

Greg has it not occurred to you to get a missile that clears that ceiling?Anyway there will not be an issue of large numbers of modern aircraft in this scenario.And still. No magic.

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Why no magic? Blindness Is A Blessing

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Because it wouldn't fit the scenario we are devising for the next recwar. If you want magic, make your own recwar. In the next one, magic would be about as unsuitable as large numbers of aircraft. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

It's not a medieval-based war, but I'll still take the congratulations.The planned war is low-tech, but still modern. As I said, if you want magic in a war, feel free to set up one yourself. But myself and Ardashir are reffing this one, and we feel that it would do better in a modern setting. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I'm at work. You get on the forums yourself, ya ghost.What I mean by "low-tech" is that people have access to rifles and similar, just not full-automatic grenade launchers, or whatever. It happens in our own world. There are areas that don't have access to full modernity, even though they're in a modern world. Think the CIA-sponsored coup in Haiti a few years ago, that's very similar to the idea we have for this one. Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Then congrats on ruining the entire purpose of a medevil based war. If you allowed magic, you'd get a lot more participants. The technology levels of Shireroth in the medevil ages (as well as Kildare) is magic-based. Despite what Scott may say, Magic does make things more interesting. Put it in, or make another scenario.And frankly, if you are going to constantly insist on OMGZORS NO MAGIC, I WANT UNORIGINAL BORING LIFE-BASED WARS, then I will just quit completely from SNARL and the military and regard it as a failure. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 9/12/05 7:04

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

But it doesn't even make any sense to have a technology level like that. Medevil might work simply because we had nations like Treesia, which might be considered technophobic, but no nation is of the technology level to be considered your form of "low-tech" (and that is a pretty bad definition of low-tech - say industrial aged if you mean something akin to that.)Unless you mean for the war to have been in the past, but you would have to completely change the sides of the war alltogether.Oh, and, when you are on the forums? Get on AIM. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 9/12/05 7:09

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Regarding magic:Quote:If you can give me a valid reason for there being magic apart from "Why not?" and "I'm too afraid to try anything that doesn't involve magic" then I'll at least consider it.Other thhan the obvious fact that I don't participate in wars that forbid magic (mind you, this is not a matter of allowing magic, but disallowing magic), I flip this question up on its head: Why is it important for this theme to not have magic? Magic does not explicitly allow all of mythology to come out into the picture - there is a huge difference between the existance of magic and the existance of various mythologies. Just because magic exists, does not mean that you summon the will of the gods. If you don't want religion to be a part of it, you can ban the usage of schools of magic that are more in tune to the divine or demonic, but this doesn't exclude the staple of elemental/arcane magic. The same with the actual creatures there - the creatures do not have to be out of the ordinary to invoke the existance of magic.Thus, why is it so important in this theme for the use of arcane magic for warfare purposes, to not exist? Balance issues surely do not matter here. (magic is probably an even match to industrial-aged technology and the like - summoning a large fireball is just as damaging as, say, firing a shell of artillery) Simply saying "It doesn't fit the theme" doesn't work if you do not describe WHY it doesn't fit the theme - why it is important for magic, usually from faraway lands, to not come into the war theatre. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Osman Shahanshah

Because a howitzer can be destroyed by a counter barrage whereas a magician can pull another rabbit out of the hat and escape. Magic really is a lazy conceit.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Quote:Because a howitzer can be destroyed by a counter barrage whereas a magician can pull another rabbit out of the hat and escape. Magic really is a lazy conceit....that's not magic. Magic requires intense concentration to actually use. If you find that it is such a copout to allow teleportation spells (which I will assume this, in your arcanophobia, meant), disallow things that you think are a copout. What I'm talking about here is just the matter of the pure elemental spells, not teleportation spells or anything akin to that. As such, it's just another form of artillery. It's flavor, not a copout. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

At this point, I'll participate just cuz it's low-tech.However, I'm curious: is it the open-endedness of magic that you don't like, where you can potentially do just about anything with it?Because if that's the case, I'll invite you to take a look at the magics involved with the Hunters of the Stag. They're very defined and (except for the higher level stuff) pretty reasonable. In addition, I must point out that they don't always work. Blindness Is A Blessing

Osman Shahanshah

I will discuss this matter with Eoin. I am not convinced there is a place for it but I will take on board his opinion also.

AngelGuardian93

Ardy: No I didn't, and that's my fault I suppose. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, a lot of fictional troops died because of it. Those fictional men and women have fictional families, with crying little fictional toddlers. Think of what damage your negligence caused, Greg! Those people's deaths are on your hands!! *sob* Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

AngelGuardian93

You didn't think of that either, Eoin. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Do you think I cry only for your losses?? Wil Nider to the HyperboreansEoin to the restZirandorthel to the ages

King of Gotzborg

Post by King of Gotzborg »

Sorry I know this thread has taken a couple varied directions.Personally, this was my first involvement, however slight and silly it may have been. I was under the impression as an outsider that it worked much like a story. You wrote what you did, gave it a bit for people to respond, and (in my case) no response, continued on. I felt that should I get embroiled into a direct conflict with someone, I would be able to make decisions on damage and losses based on the believability and quality of the responders 'attack' and so on and so forth.As far as technology goes, I would be pretty much pooched for anything more modern, being bolt-action and heavy gun battleship only, cruise missles would be been a problem for my forces.So, while I would like to try participating again on a more active level (as much fun as convoys are ) I will be limited to what kind of time period is picked.Regards,August Charles II

Osman Shahanshah

Well you will be in luck. While the scenario is set in contemporary modernity it would be in a backward part of the world where Gotzborg's WWI era technology would not represent a great disadvantage.

King of Gotzborg

Post by King of Gotzborg »

Marvelous! That would be beneficial.My uh....Wizards....will be unavailable though *cough,cough* ACII

Return to “S.N.A.R.L.”