I am back...!

Daniel Farewell

I am back...!

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Back from hospital. I am so sorry for being away. I have missed our Hurmu...

How is everyone? What do you want Hurmu to be and to do?

Polten of Yperpen

Re: I am back...!

Post by Polten of Yperpen »

Good to see you!
Before I can say something about to want and to do I need to find out more about the nation we are in now. There are taxes, so you need money, so there must be some economic system? I'll check the ministry of trade forum.
I would like Hurmu to be a consistent set of ideas. It will be difficult to have nomad tribes and a high-tech civilisation.

Daniel Farewell

Hey Polten

Sorry for not answering you earlier... I got a fit and went back to hospital. Back now, I hope at least. Though they got worried about a 10 cm big birthmark on my back (it's all hairy and bloody) so I got an appointment to the dermatology department on Friday. It'd better not be some kind of melanoma.

That reminds me of a song a friend made one day. It's sung to the tune of Feliz Navidad.

Malignt melanom
Malignt melanom
Malignt melanom
Födelsemärket har ändrat form

Jag har skaffat mig hudcancer
från allt solande i sommar!

från allt solande i sommar!

Well, you have to look at things positively :)

Anyway. Thanks for your comments, Polten. I'll work on a paper on the whole Hurmu-in-Shireroth system soonish. :)

So, Mr Polten, how are you and your wonderful grandchildren doing?

Polten of Yperpen

Hey,
I missed this post last week. Oops. The 'offspring' is doing great. Last time I counted there were 6. Grandchildren give a man a feeling of fulfilment.
I'll work on a paper on the whole Hurmu-in-Shireroth system soonish
Why don't we do a brainstorm? Everybody just gives as much ideas as possible - NO COMMENTS - and afterwards we sort and group the ideas and try to implement them.

The Brida will always remain Hurmu's foundation but we can build any kind of nation on that foundation.

BTW: Wallander is back on TV over here. The Scandinavian made series. The language reminds me of a series that was on TV when I was a child. Something with a big dog called 'Bootsman'. Google: Vi på Saltkråkan. Must have been early sixties.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

As far as taxation is concerned, and considering Hurmu's long stance as a non-economic state; why don't we engage in a barter system (e.g. trade resources in lieu of money) or seek some sort of status designation as a non-profit, thereby becoming exempt from taxation.
I would like Hurmu to be a consistent set of ideas. It will be difficult to have nomad tribes and a high-tech civilisation.
Why does Hurmu even need technology beyond the basic necessities? The cultural and physical needs of the Hurmudans - literature, sustenance, religion, resources, etc - can all be maintained in a nomadic system. The Mongols and their nomadic shepherding, for example, with their elaborate yurts, is a similar system.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Polten of Yperpen

Why does Hurmu even need technology beyond the basic necessities?
This is a basic choice Hurmu has to make. Are we a 'state' or rather a 'think-tank'?
why don't we engage in a barter system
Finding a party that is offering something that we want and wants something that we have is more difficult than working with money. Can we avoid the need for business?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

This is a basic choice Hurmu has to make. Are we a 'state' or rather a 'think-tank'?
I don't think either designation relates to Hurmu's technology level. We are a state. But we choose to adopt a minimalist nature. The two can go hand-in-hand.
Finding a party that is offering something that we want and wants something that we have is more difficult than working with money. Can we avoid the need for business?
I was referring more to the issue raised when Hurmu needed to pay taxes. If Hurmu was given the status of a non-profit state (which would itself need to be approved as a law in Shireroth), then the state would be exempt from paying taxes or participating in other economic functions. If such a measure is not passed, then Hurmu could potentially pay by means of barter rather than money.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Daniel Farewell

Why can't we have both? A technology-level higher in the city, Huyenkula, and the tribal lands outside the city and the smaller towns such as Nururfiskarvik and Liderai...

However, Hurmu has always contemplated, thought, and should be able to do that in the future. We can issue resolutions on matters concerning us, the Brida, and whatever... Perhaps the Senate should be reinstituted as the official "think-tank" of Hurmu :)

Return to “Territory of Hurmu”