Lord Windsor arrives at Hawshire

Jonas

Lord Windsor arrives at Hawshire

Post by Jonas »

The city of Hawshire bathed in sunshine when the ships of Dutch Jonas the Second sailed along the coastline of the island.
"Hawshire, protectorate of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth and Dutchy of Kildare." mumbled the old Dutch to himself. It was quiet and the sea breeze did him well. He expected a warm welcome, as the annexation went very peacefully and Durans and Kildarians had always had good relationships with each other.
Jonas hold in his hand a letter and a Decree. The letter had informed him about the annexation, the decree legalised the Dutch's appointment as Coordinating Officer & Minister for the Imperial Protectorate Regime of Hawshire-Dura. The Dutch was happy, and patiently waited. In half an hour they would enter the port.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

W.Payne

Re: Lord Windsor arrives at Hawshire

Post by W.Payne »

The ship pulled in and the crew tied it to the docks. Awaiting the Dutch on the shores was the King-Count of Hawshire, William Arthur Payne.

"Welcome to our Protectorate, Dutch Jonas. How are you this fine day?"said the King.

"Quite good, my old friend,"replied the Dutch.

"Before we talk any business, I'd like for you to see the delights of this city. It is quite a lovely place and was built by my great great grandfather, Sir William Strauss. My friend Dimitri, a local tour guide and also a close friend of mine, has volunteered to show you around. And after we finish our tour, we can have dinner at one of Hawshire's most prestigous restaurants, Heot Enogold Teopla. What do you say?

"That sounds great," said the Dutch.
William Arthur Atobonovno Payne
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

King-Count of Hawshire-Dura
Proud Member of the Noble Family of Atobonovno!
Ngolo veoli uroo Leopeop, Edounit ndoa eofr!
Mr. Kildare December 2009

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Dutch looked from the quay to the city. His eyes were filled with tears of joy.
"I never felt happier then now," he said, "This beautiful island nation voluntarily merges itself to us."
The Dutch waved to the people who were throwing with Yellow Roses, the Duran symbolisation of friendship.
"Please, lead me around!" he said.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

Dutch Jonas was exhausted! The day had been full of activities. They had visited the Norberger Museum of Art, now the largest art museum in Kildare, toured the ancient Strauss-Payne Castle which occupied about 20 acres smack-dab in the center of Hawshire, then went swimming with the Duran dolphins.
By the time they set down to dinner at the Heot Enogold Teopla, Jonas was truly ready to go to sleep.

Jonas' head finally hit the pillow. The meal was fantastic, which was actully an understatement. The people at Heot Enogold Teopla had gave him a sampling of various Hawshirian cuisines. Who knew fish could have so many different tastes and flavors? Anyways, he was staying in a large, cavernous room in the Strauss-Payne Castle after King William had refused letting Jonas stay in a simple hotel.
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The next day Jonas arrives with a smile on his face. He had enjoyed a good night's rest. After having been dressed, the Dutch leaves his room and wanders through the castle. When he finally reaches the door to the dinner room he almost clashes into a servant who tells him that the Kaiser has given the final approval for the merger. In an upwelling of happiness, the Dutch starts to sing.

W.Payne

Post by W.Payne »

Upon hearing singing, King William rises from his table and walks out into the hall.

"What an amazing voice you have, Dutch Jonas," said William.

"Have you heard? The merger has finally been approved!"Jonas was ecstatic.

"Yes I have heard. In fact I have declared today an official holiday in honor of this occasion. We are also going to have a parade and then a festival out in Hawshire City Park. I wondered if maybe you'd like to say a few words to the people of Hawshire at the festival?"
Dutch of Kildare
Count of Vervollkommnung
Baron of Hallucination

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

"A festival?" Jonas looked to the King with eyes full of tears of happiness. It was well known that the Dutch loves festivals and parades. "Of course! You can count on me!"

"Maybe we can import the famous Antyan wine?" asked King William.

Jonas smiled: "Yes, a good idea. You know, if you wait till the 29th December, the festival would fall on the same day as the annexation of the Union of Apollo States and formation of Kildare, nine years back..."

Return to “Protectorate of Hawshire-Dura”