Structure and Time Table.

A special meeting of Commonwealth and non-Commonwealth nations to examine the future of the Small Commonwealth.

Moderators: Chrimigules, Erik Mortis

Erik Mortis

Structure and Time Table.

Post by Erik Mortis »

It was my intention to structure discussion around the issues. Creating threads for various issues and having a representative help lead those discussions if they feel able.

I figure that this Congress will result in several redrafted or amended treaties that can be put before the General Assembly for vote. I also suspect that a new General Membership Treaty or a Commonwealth Charter will come out of this Congress.

I would like to invite non-members to participate in our discussion because I feel it is important for us as an organization to maintain open communication with non-member nations so as to help foster ties with those nations and the member nations of the Commonwealth, and to perhaps create an organization capable of meeting the needs of more nations. It fully admit I would like to see more non-member nations join the Commonwealth, though I put no pressure on them to do so in this Congress. I simply offer them the chance to have their opinions heard.

I would like to open up major discussion within the week, and to send invites to member nations and non-member nations perhaps by the 22nd.

I feel this is a perfect time for us as an organization to have this congress, for it has been almost exactly a year since the commonwealth began and we have grown much since then.

Erik Mortis

Re: Structure and Time Table.

Post by Erik Mortis »

Okey. Now that holidays are over. I would like to get this circus going again. I still need input from people on the threads currently in the forum.

Gert Geens

Post by Gert Geens »

You do mean the "goals of this congress"thread, right? I can't see any other. I'm not really responding to that or offering to preside anything or whatever, considering I'm not the official representative of any nation.
Gert Geens
Diplomat of the Republic of Flanders
Diplomaat van de Republiek Vlaanderen
http://vlaanderen.micronatie.nl/forum/index.php

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Doesn't really matter at this point. If you got something, let it be known. If it matters to you, talk to your nations rep. If your nation isn't in the SC, have them send a delegate anyways.

Gert Geens

Post by Gert Geens »

I refer to the invitations-thread, where Max asked for permission (and apparently got it) for me intervening in the debates.

I'll be trieing to not just be a second Batavian voice. Representing Batavia, that's Max. I'm just giving my personal opinion, based on some micro-legal experience.
Gert Geens
Diplomat of the Republic of Flanders
Diplomaat van de Republiek Vlaanderen
http://vlaanderen.micronatie.nl/forum/index.php

Return to “Commonwealth Representative Congress”