First Diplomacy League game

Elliot Markham

Re: First Diplomacy League game

Post by Elliot Markham »

I never quit--I simply expressed a desire that someone take my place. Until someone does, I'm going to continue submitting moves, much as I hate to look at Antica's forums right now. I told Moshe I'd submit moves during his absence, and whether its me or someone else doing the submitting, I plan to ensure that it continues.

Unless, of course, your petty ban is enforced, Malliki. It just does not make logical sense to ban me.

As for what CJ did, I have no control over it.

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

It's not petty to bar you from the League. This is meant to be a serious League for people who will regularly play and the points system is geared towards encouraging stable participation. Games can be and frequently have been ruined by people quitting and it's important that this culture of "Meh, I'm losing, I'll leave" or "BAWW I haet these guys, sod this" is stamped out.
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Perhaps the attitude of being confrontational assholes about everything and anything should also be stamped out. I notice how, instead of making any attempt to reconcile whatever differences you guys had that made people quit, you start with throwing insults and barring people from the game entirely - unilaterally, no less, which is a bit odd since both Scott and myself have shown interest in the League. Not quite sure where you're pretending to get that sort of authority. In any event, it's pretty hilarious you couldn't get though a single turn after your bitchfest at me. Good luck finding 8 people to run a league if you're going to be so poisonous to everyone and yourselves.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

It's a bit ironic for you to bitch about unilateral action when you yourself posted rankings unilaterally. I'm not sure where you're pretending to get that sort of authority.

The only reason it was a bitchfest is because you can't, like a normal person, say "stfu I was busy". Instead you run away crying.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

I'm so glad we can all continue to spread our negativity in every direction! MY TURN!

- I don't think Elliot should be banned. Though we've had a bit of an angry-fest in Antica, as far as I can tell, he's been perfectly reasonable with regard to Diplomacy.

- Malliki - Not everything has to be an angry confrontation!

- Harvey - Not all of us were complaining! You let the comments of three people (less than half!) drive you away! I was looking forward to playing another game of Diplomacy! You abandoned us!

I wish that we could all be a bit less raghrgahhgrhyaghr towards each other. Perhaps this is a bit rich coming from me, given my above raghkjhalskjh, my participation in things such as the party we had today in Antica, and perhaps any conversation in #micronations, but I feel bad about the ways in which we've all been tearing at one another lately. Sure, the back and forth of the GREAT RAGEFEST bumps up activity, but in the end, everything feels sad, all the flowers die, icebreaker's banjo breaks, and the sun disappears forever!

STARE INTO THE BLUE EYES!

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yummy, cats.

Ruth, I think you will notice that my angry confrontations are aimed at certain, specific people.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'm honestly disappointed about the game. I was looking forward to playing, and I never complained about you being a bit late on the update Harvey. Things happen. You told us there might be delays. Even if it took a few days, I much rather continue playing then have you run off on us. Even if some of them were being less then patient/kind.

Honestly, Everyone needs to STFU and get back to playing/administrating.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

That Harvey had told us he might have problems had actually slipped my mind.

We need a Russia.

Also, I know I can't bar people from the League unilaterally, but come on. CJ quit from two game already. That's enough.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Ikol II

Post by Kaiser Ikol II »

Gotta say, it's pretty funny seeing how concerned Anticans get over two of their citizens (one of whom was a newbie anyway) throwing a tantrum and quitting. In Shireroth, we call that "Tuesday".

Return to “Non-Micronational Diplomacy”