Fall 1902

Harvey Steffke

Fall 1902

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Italy scores first blood by successfully winning the first battle of the game, defending against the French invasion and pushing them fully out of Piedmont. In less successful news, French and German tanks clashed in Belgium while the German and Russian navies fought without end over Sweden. Russia called for help from St. Petersburg but the newly organized Russian fleet was too far out of range to assist. (aka they do not border Sweden and cannot give support to a province that far away).

Since this about the fourth order that has been foiled by a ruling error, in the future, if you have ANY questions if what you're doing is legal by Diplomacy rules, simply ask me. I will test your moves and tell you the results. I won't share this information with anyone, or even tell them that you asked for clarification. Just something I'm offering to do so people don't get frustrated.

In less exciting news, most of the nations expanded their borders somewhat, except for England, who was apparently out for tea and did not send in any moves this turn.

France, please post here if you'd like to retreat from Piedmont or disband your unit, and if you'd like to retreat, where you'd like to go. This move will be public to all players and will have happened before the rest of the Fall moves, so plan your strategies based on if and where he retreats. You have 24 hours to decide where to retreat or else I will decide for you in the best interests of keeping the game moving, but I will do so in what I believe will be your most advantageous manner.

Moves are initially scheduled for Wednesday at 4 PM American / 7 PM Brit / 8 PM Borkbork. However, several players have approached me asking to reduce the time between turns from three days down to two. If you support this, please post here saying so. If at least 4 players want to go down to two days, then it will happen for the rest of the game and moves will be then due on Tuesday at the same time.

Malliki Tosha

Re: Fall 1902

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I support a reduction to two days.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Chrimigules

Post by Chrimigules »

I support a reduction to two days as well.

Allot

Post by Allot »

k.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

phineas elastopon

Post by phineas elastopon »

:( I would prefer that not to happen, as having not got my moves in on time this turn, shortening the length of time would not help me out.
Phineas Elastopon (formerly known as Benkern, Bacchus etc.)
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Why don't you submit your moves as soon as possible, like today, and then amend them later if you want to? As it is now, we basically sit around and wait for stuff to happen, and you still don't get your orders in on time.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

phineas elastopon

Good idea.
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

It is a good idea. If something happens later and you want to amend your orders accordingly, you still can send another PM. Remember that the shorter time limit doesn't just force you to act quicker, but it forces everyone equally.

Assuming Allot's "k" is a vote in favor, we're still only at three supporting though.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Austria votes OPPOSE

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Because?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It's really hard to differentiate Russia from unclaimed land...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Since France has neglected to give a retreat order in a timely fashion, I have decided to have them retreat from Pie to Mar. Also, not enough people supported reducing the time between turns so it will remain at three days.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Oh come on, keep the possibility of changing it open for a while longer at least.

I see three in favor, one opposed and Benkern could be interpreted as being in favor, as he didn't say he was completely opposed and will take care of why he didn't submit on time. So please, come on. Let's keep it open for a while longer.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

I'll retreat to marsailles.

And yes, 2 days I like.
Count of Norfolk

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Foghorn, you have to agree that we should go down to two days between turns?
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Well there's less than half a day until order would be due this turn if we cut it down right now, so it's hardly fair to pop this on people right now. If you people can agree on two days, we'll do that from the next turn onward.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

We have, so yay!
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

phineas elastopon

Malliki Tosha wrote:I see three in favor, one opposed and Benkern could be interpreted as being in favor, as he didn't say he was completely opposed and will take care of why he didn't submit on time.
Benkern is friggin' opposed, not that it matters much.
phineas elastopon wrote::( I would prefer that not to happen
Republic of Antica
Inquisitor

Return to “Non-Micronational Diplomacy”