Sir Iain of Vembria is back

Scott of Hyperborea

Sir Iain of Vembria is back

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

And he has a plan. I don't know what it is, but it involves Shireroth in some way.
Defcon level has been raised to "zesty"

Kaiser Ayreon

Re: Sir Iain of Vembria is back

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Hmm. I've talked to him. It's OK. He might have wanted to put the United Baronies as a Shirerithian protectorate, but that's all I could figure out.

BTW - you're not a citizen! FILL OUT THE FORM BEFORE I CAST YOU OUT FROM THIS CHAMBER! :p

Scott of Hyperborea

That's what I understood him to mean too, though he wouldn't come out and say it. He was very into giving me little clues, like that he was after some position that had been left open and it was to the detriment of a certain Babkhan in some way, but aside from the Treesia bit I couldn't piece it all together.

I'm not a citizen yet for secret evil reasons which are nevertheless perfectly good ones, and there are precedents for allowing non-citizens in here, for example Delphi.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Scott has "old boy" status... :)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

In case anyone's wondering about the thread in general discussion, no, I'm not trying to draw Iain out, I'm interested in GCian religion for a different (cultural) reason...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

Iain has probably sent the same document to some of the rest of you, but I post it here for those of us who didn't get it. My copy omitted certain parts, which I've marked off in brackets. Maybe someone else got a document with more details?
Project Malaboria II - basic details

Invitation to [do something in Shireroth]

Requires [country] citizenship
- still citizen of UB
- solution: UB becomes protectorate of Shireroth for duration of [plans]
- mechanism: a Treaty of Malarboria
- background: Malarboria is the name I invented years ago for a proposed merger of Treesia and Shireroth that had previously been rejected by the latter many months before that
- duration: ideal duration would be 2 months - expiring in time for Treesia to celebrate its 8th anniversary at Rugala 2008 (Oct 19/20)

Side-effects:
- allows time for UB's forum access to be restored
- as a protectorate of Shireroth UB must be shown once again on the MCS map

Plan of action:
1. New census to take place in Shireroth/Consensus to be obtained from UB
2. Treaty drawn up and approved privately
3. Treaty announced by decree
[fourth point]

Treaty Requirements
1. Must be called the Treaty of Malaboria
2. Must be valid for exactly 2 months for staring date (and expire by October 19th at the latest)
3. Must state that UB citizens become Shirerithian citizens for duration
4. Must mention obligation to be on MCS map
5. UB may decide to prolong protectorate if necessary
I sent him the following response:
One problem: The MCS already thinks Shireroth is too big, and has pretty much told Shireroth they won't be accepting any more land claims of ours. And Shireroth, to prevent conflict, has passed a Landsraad resolution not to claim any more land for a few months.

Now, we could probably get around this if it were clear that there were lots of Treesians joining us and we deserved the land because of all the extra active citizens, but as far as I know it's just you. It might be easier if you found a couple of people like Lachlan who were willing to act Treesian for a while, and just claimed the MCS land yourself. Then we could associate you with Shireroth through some colonial organization like the old Atteran Commonwealth including you and Maraguo. This would be better because you wouldn't be colored Shirerithian red on the map and people would be less likely to complain.

The MCS Council would be good people to sound out about this. That's Dr. Spangle, Craitman, Benkern, Andreas, and Pete. If you're back in top shape, you probably already know their details, so I won't hunt them down for you.

If the equal signs there are the equivalent of classified information, and the whole point of this exercise is to be able to have citizenship in Treesia, Shireroth, and == at the same time, be aware that Shireroth does allow as many as three citizenships as long as you're not in a top position.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

ummmm yes.?.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Treesia's homelands are all occupied as far as I know. Iain won't be happy with that.

Scott of Hyperborea

Actually, no. The Treesian island just became free again. I think that was why he made his move now.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Oh. In that case, why shouldn't we go ahead with this? Give me your reasons.

Scott of Hyperborea

I don't know if we should go ahead with it. The pro is that we get a new protectorate and Sir Iain as a cit for two months, and it'll be fun. The cons are that we need to somehow get the MCS land, and Sir Iain is almost certainly plotting something. I say we go ahead with it, but warily, and not unless Sir Iain can help us with the MCS land in some way.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

To those who didn't remember this name of his, Iskander Mirkdale is Iain...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Aye.

Return to “Secret Evil Plans - Declassification of Christmas 2009”