Administrators..

Ari Rahikkala

Administrators..

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

We've got 11 accounts with administrative permissions. Of them, two belong to previous Kaisers (Kaiser Meskan II, Kaiseress Carol) and four to people not currently active in Shireroth (Gman Russell, osmose1000, Greg Dean, Conglacio). Oh, and there's also shireroth, a general forum admin account that was only ever used by Greg Dean for a couple of posts. Now I trust all of these people fully, but... they don't really need admin when they either aren't around or don't really even exist anymore, do they? So unless you have something against it, Erik, I'll deadmin those people...

... oh, and btw, someone using Scott's account apparently tried and failed to log in to the ACP eight times... I suspect what happened here was that the board has decided to break in some way that prevents him from logging in as administrator (he certainly has the permissions - he's set as a founder)... or, more unlikely, a roommate of his decided to see if they could wreak some havoc... I'll ask him what I can do to help once I see him online...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Administrators..

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

That was me trying to log in to check statistics and realizing that I'd been logged in via cookies so long I'd forgotten my password. I finally remembered what it was, so ignore. That's cool that you receive notices about that kinda thing, though.

(in particular I was trying to see if there was any way to get the board to display average posts per day, like our old EZBoard used to do. That was a cool feature.)

(and don't worry; my roommate's not going to try to hack into Shireroth unless she believes it can somehow help her obtain alcohol or insight into the sex lives of celebrities.)

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I used the shireroth account a fair amount before you got the boards so spiffy and functional...

Yeah, clean out the old admins.. I thought I had done that.. but I guess I never finished... or was prevented from finishing...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Finally remembered this thread again... I removed all board-wide permissions (Founder bit, membership in Administrators group, membership in Global Moderators group, and a few other groups, as applicable) from G, osmose1000, Greg Dean, shireroth, Conglacio, Kaiser Meskan II and Kaiseress Carol.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

W00t, cleaning house.

Also-w00t, I can still see and post here! Unless and until someone decides I shouldn't.

It IS good to see it still used, though.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I was thniking of maybe leaveing the shireroth account in place.. but hat was just me.

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Would you have created an account like that if it hadn't existed beforehand?

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I would have proly use Erik Mortis Brookshire or UEC for such a thing... since this account is transitory...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Return to “Secret Evil Plans - Declassification of Christmas 2009”