Potential Situation

Delphi

Potential Situation

Post by Delphi »

Ok, Foghorn is Steward. Foghorn could be Kaiser or have admin for some other reason at some point in the future. Foghorn is a citizen of the Republic of Antica. We discuss them in here, in not the most flattering ways. Anyone see a potential problem? Better question, anyone see a solution, if that happens?

I might talk to Greg Dean, see if there's any way to make even an administrator unable to see certain fora. With the certain mod we have, I believe there's a "super administrator" and then an "administrator", but I'm not sure if such a thing is possible...
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Citizen of Shireroth
Former Scourge of Micras

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I know for a fact that even though Nick is rather chummy with the RoAs, he has enough professional courtesy to like us more. Besides, after that mess that happened with the Nafticon Declaration (which he didn't know about until WE told him), he's been rather....upset with them.

I'm not worried.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Loyal or not, I still have a feeling he'd consider giving them a "heads up" on our thinking, or, if we ever became less benign, take steps against our actions.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Greg Dean
Location: Florencia, Barony of The Holy Lands of Shireroth, Duchy of Naudia'Diva

Post by Greg Dean »

I can certainly limit access based on account - it's no sweat. :)

Kaiser Letifer II

Post by Kaiser Letifer II »

rock on.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Good, then. If you wouldn't mind then (and this is to everyone here), could we have a small discussion, pow-wow, or perhaps just give a heads up on any new admins, in future? Of course I don't think there's really any I'd have a problem with other than Foghorn at this point... But then again, suppose Rakesh or Ardy made it to Kaiser someday, perhaps you wouldn't want them in here.

Also, following this line of thought... Anyone who would make it to Kaiser (or admin) probably at least knows of this forum's existence. If we gave them the Kaisership and didn't want them here, they'd probably know they were being kept out... Perhaps we should think about preparing a dummy forum, for their viewing pleasure?
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I do believe that may have been the original intent of the IAC, but I'm not sure.

AngelGuardian93

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

If he asks why he's being kept out, tell him that it's because he's a duel-citizen, and they cant be let in. An admin needs to delete the old threads or archive them. Speaking of which, is the old secret archive still secure from admins as well?
There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Alright, I've had enough. Read this. A communique from Foghorn to Olorix.
Foghorn wrote:Delphi attempted to recruit me as a spy for the Duchy of Antica during the KZFO 36 recording. Steven and Chris overheard the overtures and, through their Anti-Shirerithian biases, jumped to the worst conclusion: that I was a spy for Delphi. In reality, I agreed to attempt to recruit Chris to be a Shirerithian Antican, which I have no intention of doing.

Trough this overture, as well as various other conversations since, I have built up a level of trust with Delphi. While Steven (the paranoid weevil he is) believes that this is proof of my being a Delphic puppet, I ask you to assure him of my intentions and consider giving me permission to persue this option and exploit the trust to gain information from Delphi. There is no current tactical or diplomatic advantage gained, but it couldn't hurt.

And don't let steven's paranoia rub off on you. I'm a Republican first and foremost.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Kaiser Letifer II

Post by Kaiser Letifer II »

Forgive my feverish mind, but I can't quite figure out what's going on? What's going on? Do I need to remove him as Steward?

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Foghorn, who we originally hoped was becoming more friendly towards Shireroth and less friendly towards the Republic (Which was nasty about Foghorn hanging around here) has offered to become a Republican spy.

I say we feed him false info. But don't suddenly remove him from any position just yet. All you need to do is stay active as Kaiser for the time being and he won't get any dangerous power. However, something should be done to either A.Get him out of that position, or B.Give that position less power (for the time being). Granted, if he DID do anything really bad as Steward, we could ignore his authority, but still.

All of our plotting and planning is kinda much when compared to the actual amount of danger involved. We should beef up our arsenal a bit.
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

All of our plotting and planning is kinda much when compared to the actual amount of danger involved. We should beef up our arsenal a bit.
I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain what you mean?

And yes, Erik, we don't want to let him know what we know just yet, so we should keep him where he is, and certainly let him get no higher. I'm not sure what kind of stuff I should feed him, but at the very least, we're going to let him think we don't know a damn thing and that I trust him.

Results in the end will be Foghorn disgraced (or worse), and if we do this right, a fed up Octavius could leave the Republic. I did ask Foghorn to talk to Octavius about joining us as well, and from my conversations with Octavius, I'm pretty sure he never asked him about it. With the Republic falling into moral decay, we might be able to coax him over.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

What I mean is that even if Foghorn was given the oppourtunity to actualy use his steward powers, the worst that could happen is that the nation ignores whatever crap he tries to pull.

The arsenal thing was about what we could do that could actually affect them. Besdies slowly pulling their nation apart through what we've been doing, the most we can do is make them look bad.
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

That's not true, we could do a lot worse.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Like?
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Wiping out their fora and website and wiki.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

That'd be mean and make us look bad.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I'm not saying that it'd be something I'd just do, but Moose was saying we don't have an arsenal, and that's simply not the case.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

All of which can be booted from backups, unless they don't use backups, at which point they're just stupid.
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Nonetheless, it would still be quite a blow. Besides, I'm not really sure how frequently they make backups. It could be rather infrequently.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

Foghorn's in charge of that sort of thing, and he's smarter than that.

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Perhaps he's smart, but it doesn't mean he's unable to get lax. I think there's a strong possibility that if everything went to shit at this very moment, he'd have a pretty pickle on his hands.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

So are we going to exploit Foghorn or just ignore his requests for info? And, depending on what format this message was in, do we know if the Republic has authorized Foghorn's idea or rejected it?
CENSOR'D

Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Olo has not, as of yet (to my knowledge) responded to him, but I find it likely that he'll go along with it.

So far, he hasn't actually reached around for any info, he's only been trying to get my trust, and I'll let him think he's getting it. The last thing we want is for him to stop before he does anything further incriminating. So I'd say there's a pretty fair chance that if we sit tight for a short while, he'll make a move.
Former Dinarch of Antica
Former Scourge of Micras

Return to “Secret Evil Plans - Declassification of Christmas 2009”