My death is coming closer

Kaiser Ayreon

My death is coming closer

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Yes. I don't want to be kaiser no more.

Any recommendations for successors? I'm thinking Jonas or Michael. They have both shown great commitment to Shireroth.

Ari Rahikkala

Re: My death is coming closer

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Jonas as Kaiser wouldn't be a good idea. For one, I think that while the same person can legally occupy the positions of Kaiser and Praetor, it's not really... *right*, and I'm pretty sure Jonas wants to remain Praetor for a while still. Secondly, I don't think he's ready for kaisership anyway. When was the last time you saw Jonas reconcile a conflict? Come up with good or at least interesting ideas to develop Shireroth? He's done excellent work in Kildare, and I believe did well in Batavia before that as well, so he does have plenty of potential, but I think he'll need to be be put through a stewardship first. But anyway, that's for some other time, he seems happy as the Praetor for now.

Mike as Kaiser sounds a lot more interesting. He seems a lot like he's just itching for something interesting to do (posting as he does daily in the word association and fortune game threads, and everywhere where there's legal advice to be given). I'm not sure he has the time for it, though, so do ask him before you decree him your heir :p.

And then there's Erik who's been making moves toward the throne, of course... but really, that would be just such a *boring* choice :p
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I agree that Jonas needs some tempering and maturing as a leader in Shireroth before assuming the Mango Throne. I know I was not really ready when I became Kaiseress, but I was the only possible candidate willing to take the job after Bill disappeared.. Not an auspicious start, I will admit. You have many talented prospective Kaisers, so please take as much time as you can to see if their personalities and strengths mesh well with Shireroth, and if they have the temperament to rule without becoming a tyrant. Or a pushover.

Erik is itching to get his hands back on the Sword of Vengeance, and to be Kaiser again (for the umpteenth time?), and there is no one more experienced and knowledgeable. There are others as well, suich as Mike, and Corey, who also have the temperament to rule with wisdom, faiirness, imagination, and equity.

I don't know if this will help you, but this is my first try in answering a post I had hoped I wouldn't see for a long time. I will post again if I think of someone else.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Of course, Erik would be a safe card, but my reign has been boring from the kaiserial point of view. Every inch I've moved, there have been protests and I rescind what I've done. The only interesting, and what actually had me going as kaiser, was the strife with Jacobus. That was fun (to an extent). But now, the calm...

Well, we've had activity highs. I suppose that's good. But I want my reign to end with a surprise!

So Corey or Michael, should they want, seem to bethe best candidates right now.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Oh, please don't announce one successor and leave another's name in your will. That was how all that mess started, and it was injurious to both you and Jacobus (even though you say it was fun). Whoever you choose, please make oinly one choice, and make it crystal clear. That is my only suggestion in this area.

I am just sorry you don't wish to retain the throne, but I understand your situation. It is hard to make decrees, only to have people rise up against them. Don't lose heart here. You are a kind, understanding ruler but, like me, you hate to disappoint your people.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Yeah... I kinda want the throne again. I have.. some things to do... And I haven't done it in a little while.

Jonas can't be the Kaiser and Praetor at the same time. Bill fucked us all over when he did that under his rule. I amended the charter to prevent that from happening again. Also, the Kaiser can't be Arbiter.

I have plans to amend the charter again to fix various things. Such as making some more restrictions on the Steward when he's also a Duke. And clarify some points, to help protect the Landsraad. I was also gonna go through the lawbook/decreebook some more and see if I can't find more to clean up.

Further, I was gonna try to maybe real in the MiniTrade some more, through the Landsraad. Not to much, just a little. With the economy becoming as large as it is, I figure it might be a good idea to get it under a little bit more control, at least from unilateral drastic changes.

Mike Fors, will become Arbiter in my stead, and I will work to strengthen the Judex in respect to it's authority and how people behave toward it. Right now it gets almost no respect when it makes a ruling that's not obvious.

I'll try to get salaries for government workers, ministers..etc.

Also, see if we can't get the govenment to peg the value of a erb, for people to have as reference. What is one erb worth in regard to work.

Also, maybe try to encourage some aspects of the old Gift economy in the current one. Get people to give "bounties" to each other. I will likely do this by giving a large donation to the Jacobus Fund, and tell it to give forth and give gifts to those that do good works.
We need to get money moving between citizens.

These are some of my thoughts.

And Ric.. don't be sad. You did a fine job as Kaiser. Be proud, you never doomed us all, and your were willing to admit mistakes. More then some Kaiserships ever did. (Even some of mine)

Return to “Imperial Advisory Council - Declassification of Christmas 2009”