Now its Personal

It began as a "Khanflict" (complete with its own lexicon of dreadful puns) over the fate of Goldshire. The Gods however mock the efforts of puny mortals to construct a coherent narrative, and so it has become instead a struggle for the very soul of Shireroth itself, between on the one hand the loyalist forces of Kaiser Aurangzeb and on the other the Coalition (or Confederated Subdivision Alliance... if you really must...) who keenly anticipate the emergence of a Kaiser Leto III.

Moderator: Kaiser Fish XII

Allot

Re: Now its Personal

Post by Allot »

Let's go, guys. Finish this war so I can go home.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Allot

Post by Allot »

With Leo's permission, we both attacked you. The results were thus:

In the air, the attacker's planes were victorious.

Allot+Leo loses 1 fighter

Scott loses 3 fighters

Having gained control of the skies, the attacker bombarded ground forces.

Artillery forces commenced bombardment.

On land, the day was won by the defender.

Allot+Leo loses 3 infantry

Allot+Leo loses 2 artillery

Scott loses 2 infantry

In total, Allot+Leo lost the following units: 3 infantry 2 artillery 1 fighter

In total, Scott lost the following units: 2 infantry 3 fighters

Allot

AHEM

Post by Allot »

AHEM
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I don't think anyone cares anymore... Thus why I don't like modern recwars.. I miss the old ones..

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Could make a strong case that nobody cared since the beginning...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

True. But I miss it just being about the story. Not who won, or numbers or actual troops. Just a story...

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Well, if you want purely story, ignoring who wins and loses, those days of international recwar are long, long, long gone (despite my attempt to resurrect them with a StoryWar charter). But if you want to focus on story, and not worry too much about who lives and dies in each battle - then QUARREL is the system for you. Anunia gets caught up with huge long disputes every second move, getting into the minutiae of military details if you have people like Extreme or Monty involved, and is not fun for anyone. QUARREL cuts out all the disputes, resolves battles with the click of a button, and allows you to focus on the story (and even gives you a good reason to write about losing a battle, something which normally doesn't happen as both commanders try to argue that they won).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I miss the Mog Rebellion. We just secretly decided who won, and let it go from there.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

That sometimes works in Shireroth. But the days it worked internationally are long gone. We tried that in Nelaga, and what did we get? Terrorists terrorising countries that were far, far away from the battle zone; and one fleet packed with so many missiles and secret moves we had to pull out a rogue Omen to have any chance of ending the war on the officially determined end note.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Well.. this isn't international is it?

I also hate the user of Modern weapons and stuff. I miss sword fights... archers... epic combat...

Was hard to pack missiles when they didn't exist...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

If you're the one setting up the war, you can set any parameters you want, including technology level. But you seem to busy/disinterested these days to do it yourself, so you kind of lose the right to complain.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Says the guy who likes to complain about everything...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

... I definitely didn't deserve that.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I seem to recall many times when you weren't the one setting something up, or were even really involved, yet you gave yourself the right to complain. I mean no serious offense by it, but I kinda feel it is deserved.

Allot

Post by Allot »

From now on, the only arguments made in Shireroth shall be in this format.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I don't need this. I'm getting enough flak from too any angles right now to get it from one that I'm involving myself in voluntarily.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The title of this thread seems oddly appropriate today. Everyone lay off Harvey for a while.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Erik Mortis wrote:I seem to recall many times when you weren't the one setting something up, or were even really involved, yet you gave yourself the right to complain. I mean no serious offense by it, but I kinda feel it is deserved.
Are there any micronationalists who aren't like this? Hardly worth commenting on let alone slating a chap for.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Guess the whole Anti-Tymaria Council just comes to mind for me to easily when Harvey made his comment...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

There are so many things wrong and hypocritical with that Tymaria comment that I could write a huge rambling wall of text addressing each of them, but since it wouldn't change anybody's minds I'll save myself the half hour or so and the hand cramp it would take to compose it.

I will say this though: me being a jerk and making poor judgment calls in 2001/2000 doesn't justify you being a jerk and making poor judgment calls today. At least I grew up in the past eight years. Sure QUARREL may not be perfect, but at least Scott and Andreas and I and the other people involved are trying to come up with solutions to problems and find ways to make Shireroth and micronationalism more interesting. You're just sitting there and bitching every step of the way, and when we point out all the ways you could solve some of the problems you're coming up with (set your own parameters to recwars, talk to other commanders and work out results instead of using the battle calculator, etc) you claim disinterest / a lack of time. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't really care if you have time or not, but how fair is to everyone else to say you want every detail changed without putting in one scrap of effort yourself? Shireroth isn't the "everyone drop what they're doing and make Erik happy" committee - if you want things to be different, join in the discussions and offer ideas instead of a steady stream of complaints.

And hell, while I'm ranting, you always laud that Mog Rebellion recwar where you and some other people secretly decided the outcome as THE SINGLE BEST RECWAR EVER. That may have been good times for you, but what about the people that didn't know that it was a big sham and that whatever they did didn't matter in the least because the outcome was already decided? You couldn't give a crap about what they thought or felt. You were having fun. This sounds striking similar to that whole stupid Paramount invasion thing where JDS kept telling people the war was fake. I told him not to do it and was out of town on a vacation, but he did it anyway and claimed I agreed to it, and all hell broke loose. After you all got it in your head that I was in on it, you vowed to destroy me and Jasonia and Apollo and lord only knows what else, and you pretty much succeeded. Congratulations. But I'm sure the Mog Rebellion and anyone in Shireroth that found out it was a sham and was annoyed by that was different somehow. Perhaps different in the sense that their feelings didn't matter.

And now that I've had some time to reflect on our personal histories, I have an insight on why you can't shake that Founder's stigma where anything you say is taken with some force of weight behind it even if you didn't mean for it to and how people always react badly to that. It's because that's how you act. You're always "change this" or "this sucks" with rarely anything positive, as if you somehow have the authority to make people care about what you think though you're not involved in it. Yes, you hate it when people call you on that one, but you're still acting the role right now, right here, today. You've dug your own grave and I'm about out of pity.

There's a part of me that is saying "don't post this; it's not worth it" but clearly, as you probably noticed by the fact this post is here, I'm not listening to it. What do I care? I'm unpopular in Shireroth as is. Your label is founder, Scott's a piece of the furniture, and I complain constantly about everything. Anything I say or do isn't going to make that go away so, really, there's no incentive to try. I've already resigned as Duke and I failed in the Secondus election. I'm pretty sure nothing here is illegal in the sense you could try me in court, but if that's true, I'm not amazingly attached to my official Shireroth citizenship. I've tried, pretty darn hard, for close to a decade, to like this place and fit in and be one of the guys but there's always people like you that have to dig this sort of shit up at every possible moment. Maybe it's just one of those things. I've been hearing good things about Antica lately so perhaps that sort of atmosphere would suit me better.

So yes, now it IS personal. Some people don't realize when they've gone far too far and it's time to back up. Let alone the concept of an apology; that would imply you give a crap about what people think. So, go ahead, make some sort of sarcastic, poorly-planned reply to this topic, push things further, you know you want to.

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

Harvey Steffke wrote:So, go ahead, make some sort of sarcastic, poorly-planned reply to this topic, push things further, you know you want to.
DON'T WORRY, HARVEY JUST HAS THE HAMBURGER FEET BLUES. THINGS WILL BE MUCH BETTER IF I CAN CONVINCE HIM TO DRINK TONIGHT, SO HOLD OFF ON REPLYING FOR A BIT.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Honestly, I didn't think this was that big a deal. I was just giving you a hard time cause you were giving me one. I'm Sorry. Friends? (No sarcasm)

Allot

Post by Allot »

...Hamburger feet?

Anyway, is this finished? Is everyone still rebelling against the Kaiser (Yardistan excepted)? I'm game to carry on (even though I have like 2 soldiers left) so rebels... up to you.

I'm going to predict that the next post will be Erik telling us that Monty Crisco is still in rebellion. Hurrah. :party
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

You would be correct.

Return to “Khan's Total War (War of the First Coalition)”