Demons and Monsters! and art... oh my.

Don't know what to do in Shireroth? Look for a job offer here

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Erik Mortis

Demons and Monsters! and art... oh my.

Post by Erik Mortis »

So I'm making an RPG...(again) and I need demons and monsters. I'm trying to focus on the system itself and not get distracted with setting, or things like making creatures.

As such I'm gonna use my money! I need descriptions for monster. Right now I just need demons, of various kinda. Builder demons, seduction demons, combat demons.. etc.

What I would like is a name for the type of demon, a physical description and maybe some basic ideas on powers it may have, and personality and goals. I need a wide range of demons from weaker then a person to nearly god like. With the weight on the lower end.

If anyone comes up with an idea I like I'll pay them 10erb and they will get listed in the credits under the listing of "Additional Conceptual Contributors". I don't think I'll ever bother actually publishing this game for actual money, and if I do you'll never get paid, beyond the erb, just credit, but yeah.

Along with the description and any powers, give me a numeric rating of where you think they should be power wise. 1 is below the average non-hero, while 2-3 would be average person, 4-6 is average hero in my system, 7-8 is a powerful creature and 9 is god like. 10 would be on par with the more powerful gods in the Divine Census here in Shireroth.

It is my goal to adapt the setting of Shireroth to this system, so glance at the Mythical history and Cedrist religion for ideas.

If I ever get this finish enough I'll put it forth in Shireroth so you'll be able to see what came of your idea.

Also, I wouldn't mind some unique art. So if anyone can create a pictures for creatures or demons that they make I'll take them. I want more then a MSpaint slap together. I'll pay 50erb for good pictures and you'll get credit as an Artist. (For really good work I'll likely pay more) Make sure to sign your pictures in a corner or something, something not to overstated. I'm happy with hand drawing too, or scanned worked. Also, pictures of people running about with bows and swords and muskets would be fun too for the core book. (Yes, you can run around with a gun and a sword...) I might advise asking me if I would like an idea to make sure I'd be interested in using it and paying you. Remember, original work, not something you stole from deviant art.

Thanky.

Jacobus Loki

Re: Demons and Monsters! and art... oh my.

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Demon dresses in a dark tailored suit -not expensive, but nice. Vaguely male, but eerily uncertain. Wears sunglasses most of the time. Eyes are dark as the pits of Hell. Hair is auburn, worn short

About 5'8', 5'10' tall. Physically could get lost in a crowd.

Carries something that looks like a Blackberry, but when zhe uses it, odd, disconcerting things happen. Traffic lights change, letter openers and screwdrivers become self-motivated stilettos, Electrical stuff shorts out, shocks people.

Games of chance go awry, 00 on the roulette wheel 17 times in a row, 2 royal flushes at one poker table, etc.

And only the hero can tell its what it is.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

hmmmm... I can use that. Would just need a name for the type of demon. I'll send the money.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Ordinary, common name - Johnson?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I was hoping for something less mundane sounding. This is a game of myth, fantasy and potentially epic awesome...

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Biri i Gjonit

Johninpoika

Jonosūnus

:demon
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

I sense a hidden meaning in that... But it'll do.
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Hm, I've got a whole list of monsters here for the Dungeons and Discourse system I'm developing. You're welcome to take any of them you want - here are some of the better ones:

Buridan's Assassin Vine
A carnivorous plant out for blood – if it could only decide whose..
HP: 20B, 20S
ALIGNMENTS: medieval, scholastic
STATS: 12/6/6/14/10/22
ATTACK1: Chomp (1S). The assassin vine lashes out at a character within 3s of its roots. Character gets a random saving throw (d10 > 5 is safe). Otherwise, the character takes 1d6 physical damage and 1 mental damage.
SPEC: Buridan's assassin vine will always use Chomp Attack against the weakest character within range (the character with the fewest physical hit points remaining). If there are two or more characters in range tied for the status of “weakest character”, then Buridan's assassin vine skips its turn and takes five mental damage.

Schrodinger's Dire Cat
An undead feline out for revenge against the physicists who may or may not have killed it.
HP: 20B, 10S
ALIGNMENTS: undead*, quantum, paradoxical, animal
STATS: 4/4/10/6/7/30
ATTACK1: Physical
ATTACK2: Confusion (1P). Successful attack deals -4 rationality points, -4 empiricism points, -2 mental. Rationality, phronesis, or question save.
SPEC: * In any attack or defense that works differently against alive and undead, treat Schrodinger's Dire Cat as whichever status is more advantageous to itself. +2 strength attack against physicists, +4 against quantum physicists.

Utility Monster
A green, scaly beast with such intense experience that its needs outweigh those of all other beings.
HP: 20B, 40S

ALIGNMENTS: utilitarian, moral
STATS: 20/8/8/6/12/22
ATTACK2: Rational
ATTACK3: Convert Utilitarian (4R). Targets one utilitarian player within 50m. If the player fails a saving throw (choose between Rationality > 30 OR Phronesis > 22) that player fights on the utility monster's side until the end of the battle.
ATTACK4: Draw Benthamite (2R, free action). Targets any item made of benthamite within 10m. The item flies into the claws of the utility monster, who can use it immediately.
SPEC: Rationality attacks are -4 against Kantians and Elves.

Paradox Beast
If there's one thing we've learned from Doctor Who – and there is! - it's that causing a logical paradox inevitably results in the appearance of black, pterodactyl-like creatures.
HP: 30B, 20S
ALIGNMENTS: logical
STATS: 8/8/20/14/18/32
ATTACK2: Principle of Explosion (3P) Causes an explosion at some point within 50m (1d6 fire damage to all characters within 10m) and summons a second Paradox Beast to that spot. This second Beast exists for three rounds, and cannot itself cast Principle of Explosion.
ATTACK3: Head Explode (3B) Targetted character goes into a state of Cartesian total doubt for three turns and suffers 1d6 physical damage. Phronesis save > 23.
SPEC: Flying

P-zombie
Its exact similarity to a normal human only makes it more terrifying.
HP: 10B, 0S
ALIGNMENTS: undead
STATS: 10/10/10/10/10/16
SPEC: P-zombies are indistinguishable from humans, but do not have souls (and therefore have zero mental hit points). They may be wielding weapons or doing anything else humans could be expected to do. NPCs may be p-zombies.

Nagelian Bat
What is it like to be a twelve-foot wide bloodsucking monstrosity?
HP: 10B, 0S
ALIGNMENTS: animal, metaphysical
STATS: 0/2/5/1/2/18
SPEC: Flying.

BayenIV

Post by BayenIV »

Scott... those are the most brilliant monsters I've ever seen!

Return to “Employment Office”