A subsidy for bounty advocacy

Don't know what to do in Shireroth? Look for a job offer here

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Ari Rahikkala

A subsidy for bounty advocacy

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I'll pay 1000 erb to whoever starts a bounty advocacy service. That is, a service where people will subscribe to have you watch their posts for work of significant cultural, technical, educational, etc. value, and nominate that to the MiniTrade/MiniInfo/whoever in the government wants to do bounties anyway, monthly. Essentially you'd be doing the service of groveling prone in public in front of a government minister, so the other guy can just see the money appear on zir account, in exchange for a (maybe once in one to three months) bill for your services. (I suggest a percentage provision of the bounties paid out for your nominations, billed maybe bi- or tri-monthly)

This money will be paid out after the first bountying round for which you have had at least three weeks of work since the last bountying to gather things to nominate. Your bounty nominations must be appropriate and cover the work of your clients well (examples of threads with bounty nominations: 1 2 3 4). The nominations must have been made to a minister with all of 1. the duty, 2. the power, and 3. the willingness to actually pay out nominated bounties. Also, you must have at least three clients, though I'd appreciate if you got more. If more than one person founds a bounty advocacy service, I'll pay the 1000 to whoever got the largest sum of money in nominated bounties actually granted.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Bill3000

Re: A subsidy for bounty advocacy

Post by Bill3000 »

I hereby establish Bill's Bountiful Bounties, or the BBB for short, established in the financial center of Apoltopoli.

- By hiring a Bounty Hunter, the Bounty Hunter shall stalk look at your posts and other work, and determine which work you have done that is appropriate to petition the necessary person to pay for bounties, a government official who has the duty, power, and willingness to pay out a bounty. The Bounty Hunter shall nominate bounties weekly.

- In return, the client shall pay 15% of all of zir bounty proceedings bimonthly to the BBB. If desired, the client may pay the stipend at the time of the awarding of the bounty.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

Well, so much for that, I suppose, since Bill left... I retract the offer.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It WAS/is a good idea...

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Bill left? When?

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

Well, Bill's leaving is really a bit of an excuse, the real reason I retracted the offer is that I don't have the money :p

Scott: I forget. Some tussle on IRC. Uh, I proly would have been more concerned and so remember it better, but I kinda assumed he'd get over whatever it was about in a couple of days and return...

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

He was being more bitter and depressed than usual, saying that he wanted to destroy everything in the hobby and start over with only his Audente stuff on a new planet. After the amount of crap he pulled in the chat the weeks before that basically lost him all his friends there, not to mention that being a moronic idea that nobody wanted, the people in the chat didn't seem all that willing to try to talk him into staying. He said goodbye and left. He hasn't come back as Bill, though the "everyone is probably Bill" directive of suspecting any unidentified login of being him will be in place for a while yet.

If you intentionally remove yourself from the loop, not knowing about these sorts of things tends to happen.

Return to “Employment Office”