A Meeting with the Kaiser

Al'Magroth

A Meeting with the Kaiser

Post by Al'Magroth »

OOC: Since this sort of thing is becoming handled by SCOWL in Gralus, it seemed an appropriate place to start it in Shireroth, considering likely future actions.
For several weeks now Al'Magroth had been busy in his factory and across Kildare, ensuring the defences and overseeing the construction of the new Magroth Bots. From prototype to mass production, they had moved quickly and were now almost ready to release. But their production was proving easier than expected, and Magroth Industries were considering whether expansion further than Kildare might be in their interest. To that end, he needed to meet with the new Kaiser.

"Dear Kaiser Leto III," he penned.
"My humblest apologies for not congratulating you earlier on your ascension to the Mango Throne. As you are no doubt aware, I have been busy on the production of the new Magroth Bots. I would like to meet with you, at your earliest convenience, to discuss a matter of mutual interest between the Republic of Shireroth and Magroth Industries regarding the initial distribution of these miraculous inventions. Please arrange to meet me as soon as possible. Merely hand a response to my messenger, and I will be with you within the hour.

Regards,
Al'Magroth"

With a smile, Al'Magroth handed the note to one of the new Magroth Bots. This one was a special gift for the Kaiser. Painted in the Imperial colours, it was enchanted with the ability to teleport itself - most useful when delivering messages. "Take this to the Kaiser as fast as you can," Al'Magroth said. The Magroth Bot nodded, and disappeared.
Summary: A message is delivered to the Kaiser requesting a meeting with Al'Magroth, on behalf of Magroth Industries. It is regarding the distribution of the new style Magroth Bots.

Kaiser Leto III

Re: A Meeting with the Kaiser

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Leto III was amused by the letter and almost instantly responded:
"Lord Al'Magroth,
The gates are wide open for You and your inventions. I'm expecting you.

Greetings,
His Niftiness"

The messenger quickly left Raynor Castle.
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Al'Magroth

Post by Al'Magroth »

Soon after, the door opened with a boom, and Al'Magroth stood there, the wind swirling around him. The door shut behind him with a bang. "Terribly windy out there," he said gruffly, and then smiled. "Kaiser Leto III - it is a pleasure," he said, extending his hand. The Kaiser shook it, and Al'Magroth stood back.

"This," he said, clicking his finger and making the messenger appear, "is a Magroth Bot. Notice their sleek design, their streamlined nature, the silvery metallic exterior, and, of course, their phenomenal strength." As he said this, the Magroth Bot lifted up one the tables in the throneroom that would have taken four men to lift, and effortlessly held it over it's head.
"But not only can they be admired on an aesthetic level - they are the perfect servant. They will obey all reasonable orders given to them (reasonable generally defined as "Causing no harm to other sentient races; and causing no harm to yourself"); they can lift heavy loads and continue to perform menial tasks twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. They have perfect recall, both visually and audibly, and best of all, they cannot, by their very set up, commit a crime. They are truly a remarkable invention. Their only weakness is that they must return to our factory every three months in order to receive necessary maintenance and upgrades - but they will do this themselves, walking cross land and sea until they arrive and return.

I realise I could sell these to the Nelagans for thousands of Jasoni. I could sell them to the Anticans for millions of Pecuniae. I could sell them to Universalis, Natopia, Craitland, Ashkentaza, even Ocia. But I feel a loyalty to these lands. I come before you not looking for a huge crown order. I come before you to ask for the privilege of distributing a Magroth Bot free to every household in Shireroth. My Magroth Bots can walk the distance from my factory across Shireroth, though it will take them a few days. If you look with favour upon my offer, you could consider providing your own Imperial resources to transport these from major cities to the surrounding countryside. This is of course entirely your own choice." Al'Magroth bowed. "And regardless of your choice, you may keep this Magroth Bot messenger as your own."

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I come before you to ask for the privilege of distributing a Magroth Bot free to every household in Shireroth.
OOC: Isn't this how "I Robot" goes?

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

The movie was a frustrating adaptation of Asimov's works. In the original books, the robots would have been completely benign and not take over the world or anything, but would have instead robbed humanity of its desire to do any real work and excel at anything, which is somewhat worse in a way.

Either way though, I don't think I approve of a robot revolution, and I don't need one of those suckers in my own home. Someone better start mass producing EMP weapons, just in case.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Funny you should mention that, I happen to know this chap Astopov...

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Harvey Steffke wrote:EMP weapons, just in case.
Funny you should say that. Had I mentioned that the Ouroboros has the pleasant side effected of producing mass EMP effects? :demon
Leo Fenrir

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Hum, so the choice is between a robot revolution or space-based death from above, is it?

"WHEN THE ISI AND THE EVIL ROBOT ARMY FIGHT, MICRAS LOSES. COMING THIS FALL IN WHATEVER THEATERS ARE STILL STANDING."

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Leto saw the impatience of Al'Magroth. He had almost forgotten this matter, thanks to the erupting civil war.
"You have my approval," he said with a sigh. But he pointed with his finger towards the Kildarian and it was clear that it weren't his last words: But you can't force the people to take a robot of yours."
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Al'Magroth

Post by Al'Magroth »

"Of course," Al'Magroth said, with a winning smile. "I would never force someone to accept a gift." He bowed, and the door opened behind him. He strode out into the wind, and the door slammed shut. The clerks in the corridor saw nothing. Al'Magroth was gone.
Summary: Al'Magroth accepts the Kaiser's position.
That very afternoon, Magroth Bots began to appear in all the major cities. Representatives of Magroth Industries went with them, singing their praises and demonstrating them to the residents.
"Roll up, roll up," said one of the salesmen in the city of Blackrock, bearing a new trademark MagrothMike, which magically amplified his voice. "Come and see the eighth wonder of Kildare - the Magroth Bot."
As often happened in Shirithian cities, a crowd was beginning to form to watch the street theatre. One of the sleek Magroth Bots stepped forward to stand next to the salesman. "What's it do?" one citizen asked.
"It is the ultimate servant," the salesman replied, with a grin. "Magroth Bot, build me a stage."
"Yes, master," the Magroth Bot said. And it immediately began to walk around the road and collect stray stones, constructing a stage.
"They can clean up after you," the salesman continued, as another Magroth Bot walked forward. "Litter duty," he told it.
"Yes, master," it replied, and immediately began to pick up rubbish from the side of the street.
"Any reasonable order - that is, one that does not harm a sentient race or the Magroth Bot itself - they will obey. You will find them able to understand complex orders, and they have perfect recall."
"What's perfect recall?" asked a man from the back, in a thick Hyperborean accent.
"What's perfect recall?" replied one of the Magroth Bots, in exactly the same voice. The crowd laughed.
"That, my friends, is perfect recall," the salesman said. "And that's not all they can do with their voice. Here's one for the gentleman."
"Welcome home handsome. Would you like a lemonade?" one of the other Magroth Bots said, in a sexy feminine voice. The onlookers noticed that one was much more ... feminine in its shape than some of the other Magroth Bots.
"How much?" asked one of the onlookers.
"In Nelaga, 1000 Jasoni," the salesman said. "In Natopia, 1500 Natop. In Antica, 20 000 Pecuniae. But in Shireroth, today - yours for free."
"For free?" said one of the onlookers, wide eyed.
"For free," the salesman replied magnanimously. "Each household is eligible for one free Magroth Bot, as part of Magroth Industries 'It's not Stealing' marketing campaign; and thanks to generous assistance from the Kaiser. But this offer can't last. So come and claim your free Magroth Bot now, before it's too late. Your lives will never be the same again!"
Summary: Using the Magic Gates installed earlier in Kildare, the Magroth Bots are exported to all the major cities in Shireroth, and offered to the residents. From there, those unclaimed will walk to the surrounding villages.
Last edited by Al'Magroth on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Magroth Bots are banned in Greater Lakhesis.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Al'Magroth

Post by Al'Magroth »

A day on, Al'Magroth was in his office, hearing a report about the uptake of the new Magroth Bots.
"Uptake has generally been excellent," his secretary said. "All across Kildare, the major islands of Yardistan, and the more hospitable regions of Elwynn. In Brookshire and Goldshire, however, a few nobles have banned Magroth Bots - some just minutes after your meeting with the Kaiser."
"Interesting," Al'Magroth said. His tone gave nothing away about what he thought about this turn of events. "They refuse our gift, before they've even had a chance to see them. Suspicious of us, it seems. We have, of course, removed all Magroth Bots from those areas?"
"Um ... yes," the secretary said, somewhat surprised at this reaction.
"It's nothing more than good business sense," Al'Magroth replied. "We've got our name out there by some magnimous gestures, but soon we need actual sales. The two major uses for Magroth Bots are obviously military and factory. They are useless to the military, as they will not hurt sentient races. For the factory ... give it a week, and then withdraw the offer of a free Magroth Bot for each household. If the nobles have not changed their tune by then, they miss out on all the Magroth Bots have toffer. Within a month, the amount factories can make, with workers who can work twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, for no wage, will provide very clear economic incentives to the nobles to change their tune. And all the families who have been denied one will want at least one themselves."
"If I may say so, sir, that is genius."
"Of course it is," Al'Magroth replied. "I thought of it."
Summary: Magroth Industries respects the wishes of those who intend to cripple the industry of their provinces. They'll see the error of their ways soon enough; and until then, will take the consequences of life with Magroth Bots.

OOC: I noticed two decrees in other forums, and chose to honour them, since, though I *have* manufactured all these Magroth Bots using valid SCOWL techniques, they're still largely for backstory purposes over military. In the future, though, I'm only going to pay attention to moves made in SCOWL. And moves beyond words will require orbatted units. If you've decided SCOWL is boring, you can, of course, ignore any actions made here. It's just boring for you, that way.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Al'Magroth wrote:In the future, though, I'm only going to pay attention to moves made in SCOWL. And moves beyond words will require orbatted units. If you've decided SCOWL is boring, you can, of course, ignore any actions made here. It's just boring for you, that way.
(Does this mean that if - on a purely speculative basis - this army of robots were to forcefully move into Goldshire, I would have to respond with SCOWL units?)
Leo Fenrir

Al'Magroth

Post by Al'Magroth »

OOC: Yes. Purely hypothetically, of course. I can't see it happening in the forseeable future.

Return to “The Field of Mors”