Heraldic Institute

Moderators: Shyriath, Kaiser Fish XII

Bacchus

Heraldic Institute

Post by Bacchus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkU-Qf_3N0

The idea of Shirerithian heraldry has been floating around for a while now and I'm willing to spearhead the show. If the Kaiseress approves, could we get a board set up somewhere? Preferably not under a subdivision or a ministry (the former because it's a Shireroth-wide show, the latter because apparently now that makes a HUGE difference :( ). Maybe a Court Heraldry Office under the Kaiseress' Court board?

Also, anyone interested, good. Going to go through any old posts and the Wiki and find anything I can and repost if we get a forum. If you have any ideas- or you had any you would now like to discredit- prepare to post.

BTW, if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about an institution which will standardise heraldry across Shireroth, make it specific for our nation's needs and history, and of course be able to issue arms to whatever or whoever.
The High Priest of Bacchus, or Dionysos Eleutherios, the bull-horned god
The poster formerly known as Benkern
Eaaaaohhh! Join in the dance!
official representative of the Channel Islanders in Yardistan

Kaiseress Anandja I

Re: Heraldic Institute

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

You have my most enthusiastic approval, dear Bacchus. You may inform the MiniInt that you want a subforum in the Kaiser's Court named "Chroniclers of Arms" (pretty nifty, huh?), headed by the "Mango King of Arms" or something like that. :P
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Don't even dare to touch my crest of Sermolot. :no

But you got my support with the song. :party
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Thank you your niftiness. Love the title. Is there any finer hobby for a Kaiseress to have than naming inappropriate things after Mangoes? :p

Edit: Erp, should have made that clear maybe. I imagine the standardisation programme to be undertaken by the Chroniclers (that word is quite nifty, simply to say) would be entirely voluntary. So no need to worry about your magnficient crest, Jonas. :smashy

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I am willing to work with you for Amity, Mirioth, and So-Sara. I will have their history posted soon.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I've posted a fair amount of work on this issue here and there, check brookshire.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

Muhahaha! YES for having a Mango King of Arms!

Incidentally, I might be able to help with some of this. I dunno about the artistic end of it, I never quite got the hang of drawing coats of arms very well; but I have a couple of books on heraldry lying around, so I could contribute in more technical background ways, I think.

Bacchus

Post by Bacchus »

Erik- I remember your stuff, it was very interesting and good and will no doubt form the basis of whatever the institute does. I will definitely repost it for reference.

Shyriath- Awesome. :) Any help appreciated.

Return to “Chroniclers of Arms”