Ducal Edicts

Moderator: Erik Mortis

Malliki

Edict XV-3444: Musica land deal

Post by Malliki »

I hereby dissolve the Treaty of Musica with the Duchy of Yardistan, thereby reclaiming Nee and surrendering Musica. The Duchy of Brookshire does however keep control of the three islands off the coast of K'Tzuni named the Skyla islands, as indicated in conversations with the Baron of the United Isles.

Signed this Ughday, the 20th of Vivantiana, 3444 ASC.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Malliki

Edict XVII-3528: Support for the Elwynnese Rebellion

Post by Malliki »

As Duke of Brookshire, I hereby declare that the Duchy supports the rebellion in Elwynn and no longer recognizes Iskander Mirkdale as Duke of Elwynn.

Signed this Ughday, the 20th of Ifnin, 3528 ASC.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Kaiseress Anandja I

Edict XXII-3673: Duchess of Brookshire etc.

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

As Marchioness of Goldshire and the legal heir to the throne of Brookshire, I hereby assume the throne.

After having done that, I create my nephew Malliki Tosha Marquess of Goldshire and hereby abdicate the throne.

By my hand, etc...
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Malliki Tosha

Edict XXIII: Counties

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDICT XXIII

Beginning on the 7th of Vanchauslurk, no non-resident of Brookshire may hold any position in the duchy, including count. The Duke may make exceptions as he sees fit.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Edict XXIV: Baron of Ynnraile

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I hereby create Harvey Steffke Baron of Ynnraile.

Done and signed, etc. etc.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

EDICT XXV: Various issues

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Made by my hand,

1. The Duchy of Brookshire hereby affirms its allegiance to Kaiser what's-his-name. The Barony of Dolor and County of Monty Crisco do not have to conform to this.

2. The title "Marquess of Goldshire" is hereby abolished and I kindly ask Lord Mortis to remove it from his signature.

3. Erik Mortis is hereby appointed "Marquess of Shirekeep", carrying the status of Steward of Brookshire.

4. Erik Mortis is hereby appointed Brookshire emissary to the Landsraad, effective from now until I get bored and take it back.

5. The Lakhesian Tribal Nation is hereby granted limited autonomy within the Duchy.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Edict XXVI: Steward of K'Tzuni

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I hereby appoint Arvidur to the position of Steward of K'Tzuni, effective upon the confirmation of his citizenship. I also create him heir to the throne of K'Tzuni, available at his leisure. Come the Oustfest, the "current" baron may well be ousted.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Ducal Edicts

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Edict III: Order of the Northern Star
By the power vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby establish the following:

Section 1. There shall be a knightly order in the Duchy of Brookshire named the Order of the Northern Star, here after called the Order.

Section 2. The Duke of Brookshire shall be Grand Master of the Order.

Section 3. The Duke may induct any Shirerithian citizen of good standing into the Order for, primarily, exceptional service to the Duchy or Shireroth in general.

Section 4. The Order shall be divided into three classes:

4.1 Knight
4.1.1 A Knight of the Order is entitled to be addressed "Sir" or "Dame" and suffix zir name and title with KNS.

4.2 Companion
4.2.1 A Companion of the Order is entitled to suffix zir name and title with CNS.

4.3 Member
4.3.1 A Member of the Order is entitled to suffix zir name and title with MNS.

Signed this Somnisday, the 26th of Vanchauslurk, 3393 ASC.

Edict IV: Honors (ONS)
1. The Lord of Goldshire, AKA Erik Mortis, is hereby inducted into the Order of the Northern Star in the class of Companion for his long and dedicated service to Shireroth in general and Brookshire in particular.

Signed this Morsday, the 28th of Vanchauslurk, 3395 ASC.

VII-3417: Declaration of Allegiance
With the recent events in Shireroth, and certain statements made by various leaders, I, as Duke of Brookshire, hereby reconfirm my support of His Niftiness Kaiser Reynardine I and the legality of his actions. I do not agree with the dissolution of the Landsraad, but I wholeheartedly support the Kaiser's right to do so. Any attempt at rebellion against the lawful and Gods-chosen Kaiser will be met with an iron fist of vengeance from the lands of Brookshire.

Long live Kaiser Reynardine I! Long live Shireroth!

Signed this Fishday, the 22nd of H'Graasreign, 3417 ASC.

VIII-3418: Baron of Ynnraile
By the power vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby create Count Oze of Highpass Baron and Lord of Ynnraile. His full title shall be

Lord Oze of Ynnraile, Count of Highpass, Lord of the Kehl, Member of the Order of the Northern Star. He may use the postnominals LK and MNS as per the relevant Edicts, for example "Lord Ynnraile LK MNS" or "Lord Oze (of Ynnraile) LK MNS". The use of his titles are entirely up to him.

I impose one restriction on Lord Ynnraile, that all measures taken in Ynnraile must respect, protect and develop the history and culture of the Barony.

Signed this Arisday, the 23rd of H'Graasreign, 3418 ASC.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Edict XXVII: Cleanup

Post by Malliki Tosha »

By the powers vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I proclaim the following Edict, effective immediately:

1. All Ducal decrees prior to 3385 ASC are repealed.

2. The following Edicts are repealed: 3385-1, II, IV section 2, V, VI, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XVIII, XX, XIX.

3. The Charter of Brookshire is repealed.

4. The Kehl is suspended pending a decision on its future.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Re: Ducal Edicts

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDICT XXVIII: Honors (ONS)

By the powers vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby create Arvidur Member of the Order of the Northern Star (MNS), for his exceptional service to Shireroth over several years and in various positions, and for generally being an awesome dude.

Done by my hand, etc. etc. etc. w/e.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDICT XXIX: Northern Star Medal etc.

By the power vested in me as Duke of Brookshire, I hereby establish the following:

1. There shall be a "Northern Star Medal", awarded by the Duke to any Shirerithian for general niftiness, or for any other reason.

Done by my hand, etc. etc.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDICT XXX: Lesser Nobles and vote distribution

By the power vested in me by the Gods and the people of Brookshire, I hereby decree the following:

1. Brookshire shall be divided into three fiefs named Baronies. They shall be Greater Lakhesis, K'Tzuni and Dolor. They are further subdivided according to tradition and baronial or ducal decree.

2. The Baronies are ruled by Lesser Nobles known as Barons.

3. The vote allocation shall be as follows:
a. Baron of K'Tzuni: 2 votes
b. Baron of Dolor: 2 votes

4. The Emissaryship of Lord Mortis is hereby revoked.

Signed by my hand etc. etc. etc.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDICT XXXI: The Great Kehl

1. Legislative power in Brookshire is vested in the Great Kehl.

2. The Great Kehl is composed of all residents of Brookshire.

3. Barons has two (2) votes in the Great Kehl. Counts have one (1) vote.

4. The Great Kehl is presided over by the Marquess of Shirekeep.

5. Acts of the Great Kehl shall not contradict Edicts of the Duke.

6. The Great Kehl may make rules regarding its procedures without interference from the Duke.

Signed by my hand, etc.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

EDICT XXXII: Count of Z

Post by Malliki Tosha »

EDICT XXXII: Count of Z

I hereby create Maksym Hadjimehmetov Count of Z, with all duties, rights and responsibilities of that position.

By my hand, etc.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

EDICT XXXIII: Earldom of Dolor

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Pursuant to the vote of the Great Kehl, I hereby rename the Barony of Dolor the Earldom of Dolor. The Lord of Dolor will therefore hold the title of Earl of Dolor. The Earl of Dolor holds Baron's rank.

Signed, etc.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

ED-XXXIV: Ducal signature etc.

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby proclaim and ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-XXXIV

1. The Ducal Signature
From this day forward, all official Edicts of the Duke shall be affixed with the following attributes, so as to establish its authenticity:

a. The enactment clause for Edicts emanating from the Duke shall read: "Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-[Edict number]".

b. The enactment clause for Edicts emanating from the Great Kehl shall read: "Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, with the Advice and Consent of the Great Kehl, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
EGK-[Edict number]".

c. The Ducal signature shall in all cases read:
"Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year [Roman numerals] Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star."

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCI Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

EGK-XXXV: Duchy Residency

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, with the Advice and Consent of the Great Kehl, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
EGK-XXXV

Regarding Duchy Residency
1. In order to be a title holder within Brookshire, your primary residency must be Brookshire.

2. A title holder in Brookshire may not be a title holder in any other subdivision.

3. "Title holder" shall be interpreted as a title equal in rank to the traditional titles of Count or Baron, or any other such title that from time to time may be created in Shireroth.

4. Edict XXIII is hereby repealed.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCIII Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen, Member of the Order
of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.

Malliki Tosha

Edict XXXVI: Regarding the IC Border

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-XXXVI

Regarding Border Crossings to the Imperial County
1. All bridges between Brookshire and the Imperial County shall from this day forward be manned by sworn members of the Lakhesian Kalisa.

2. Any resident of an area in rebellion against the Kaiser wishing to cross into the Imperial County must have written approval by the Ducal authorities.

3. Such approval shall be given on a case-by-case basis.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCIII Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen,
Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.

Malliki Tosha

Edict XXXVII: Instrument of Abdication

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Know that I, Lord Tosha, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-XXXVII

Instrument of Abdication
1. I proclaim Daniel Llai heir to the Throne of Brookshire.

2. I, Lord Tosha du Grifos of Brookshire, hereby abdicate the throne of Brookshire in favor of Daniel Llai of K'Tzuni. May he rule Brookshire with wisdom.

3. The Earl of Dolor is advised to support his new Duke, given the leniency shown to him by the now former Duke.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the Year MMMDCCXCVII Ab Sectora Condita,
Lord Tosha du Grifos, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Greater Lakhesis, Chief of the Lakhesian Tribal Nation, Knight Kampioen,
Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Know that I, Daniel, Lord Llai of Brookshire, by the Grace of the Gods Duke, hereby Proclaim and Ordain this Edict, effective immediately;
ED-XXXVIII

In order to encourage and support those residents of Brookshire who, in any discipline such as art, history, literature, law and war, contribute to the welfare and progression of the Duchy, of the Duchy's holdings and/or the good people of the Duchy, a system of financial support and encouragement is hereby instituted.

Once any denizen of Brookshire feels that an individual legally resident in Brookshire, loyal to the standards of Brookshire, including its laws, has produced or contibuted to work in a discipline such as, but not excluding other fields, art, history, literature, law and war, he or she shall recommend to the Court at the Sun Palace the individual's work, contribution and/or merits together with a recommendation of how much such work, contribution or product should be valued by the Court at the Sun Palace.

A special fund is hereby instituted in Brookshire for financing this project. The fund shall be administered by the Duke of Brookshire and is named [Brookshire Bounty Fund]. Anyone may contribute to it. With favour the Duke shall look upon those who financially assist, in solidarity with all of Brookshire and her inhabitants, in building the fund rich.

Signed by my Hand at the Sun Palace in the year MMMDCCXCIX ab sectora condita,

Lord Tanilo Lla'i, by the Grace of the Gods Duke of Brookshire, Baron of K'Tzuni, Count of Azarea, Member of the Order of the Dragon, Grand Master of the Order of the Northern Star.

Return to “The Goldenbrook Historical & Cultural Society”