DiploCorps Report - The State of Hurmu

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Gareth Arthur

DiploCorps Report - The State of Hurmu

Post by Gareth Arthur »

Diplomatic Corps Report
The State of Hurmu

The State of Hurmu is defined by The Viking Empire of Stormark as a "State in Free Association." The Constitution of Hurmu states that "Hurmu is a free and indivisible State, an autonomous country of the Viking Empire of Stormark in accordance with the Convention of Huyenkula." However, Hurmu's autonomy is limited by the Empire's "High Law on Administrative Subdivisions" and the provisions of the "Convention of Huyenkula."

It should be mentioned that Hurmu is explicitly prohibited from approving treaties with foreign powers. This right was ceded to The Viking Empire of Stormark.

The Constitution of Hurmu does not specify an executive or judicial branch. Instead, all Constitutional authority is vested in "The Senate." The Senate is the legislative body of Hurmu and is headed by "The Chairman." The Senate sets its own rules and procedures.

Not mentioned in the Constitution, but created through "Valda's Decree" is the Council of Hurmu which itself consists of three members: Valdi, Councillor for the Nations and the Councillor for the Country. The Council of Hurmu, officially titled "Hurmu Ráð," assists the State "in making decisions affecting matters of State on all such areas delegated it through decrees of Valdi, laws of Diet, or the Fundamental Law."

The Fundamental Law of Hurmu, which is separate from the Constitution, specifies a "Praesidium" which is the "Executive Power of the State." The Praesidium is further defined by the Fundamental Law which states, "The Senate shall vest the executive powers of Hurmu in the Praesidium, elected by the Senate among its own members, for a term of 180 days, in a manner prescribed by the Senate's own rules, provided that any person elected to the Praesidium shall have been a senator for at least 30 days."

The Valdi, who appears to act as the Praesidium (though this is conjecture as it is not specified by Hurmu), seems to be Talsin Baarrnan (as the Valda's Decrees are written by him). The Councillor for the Nations (officially titled "Þýðaraðið") is Arviður Andelárjunarbróðir úr Vintra-Ansinum while the Councillor for the Country is not currently filled.

The Fundamental Law also establishes a "Court of Justice" which has adjudicative powers with "all cases arising under the Fundamental Law, the treaties to which Hurmu is a party, the laws of Hurmu, as well as any cases between Hurmu and another state." However, the extent of these "Courts of Justice" is unclear due to the relationship between Hurmu and The Empire with regards to the Law of Administrative Subdivisions.

The Senate of Hurmu established the "Hurmu Reserve Bank" which maintains the finances and handles transactions for the State of Hurmu. The Hurmu Reserve Bank is led by a "Governor" who is appointed by the Senate. The accounts of the Hurmu Reserve Bank are kept on the books of the Small Commonwealth Bank.

The government structure of the State of Hurmu is confusing and convoluted, but I think that I have summarized the basic tenets of their system. If I discover that I have made an error in this report, I will dispatch an update to the Ministry.

Regards,
Gareth Arthur
Ambassador to The Nation of Hurmu

Allot

Re: DiploCorps Report - The State of Hurmu

Post by Allot »

You know your goals are too realistic when people start meeting them...

I absolutely cannot believe that you did both of these within one day of your appointment, as well as introducing yourself to both in a very friendly and respectful way. There is no way to express how I feel in words, so I will do it in smileys: :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Keep up the GREAT work, and I believe you deserve more than a little bonus for this. Wait, I have no money. Eeeek. I'll get on that.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Gareth Arthur

Re: DiploCorps Report - The State of Hurmu

Post by Gareth Arthur »

Allot wrote:You know your goals are too realistic when people start meeting them...

I absolutely cannot believe that you did both of these within one day of your appointment, as well as introducing yourself to both in a very friendly and respectful way. There is no way to express how I feel in words, so I will do it in smileys: :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Keep up the GREAT work, and I believe you deserve more than a little bonus for this. Wait, I have no money. Eeeek. I'll get on that.
I'm humbled by your kind words. I'm very happy that you approve of my work.

If there is anything else that I can do for Your Grace, please do not hesitate to ask. :)
Gareth Arthur X
The Count of Nova Dalmacija

Return to “DiploCorps”