DiploCorps Report - The Viking Empire of Stormark

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Gareth Arthur

DiploCorps Report - The Viking Empire of Stormark

Post by Gareth Arthur »

Diplomatic Corps Report
The Viking Empire of Stormark

The Viking Empire of Stormark is a peculiar but culturally rich nation. They are a country with normal (or slightly below normal) activity levels but they harbor very strange customs. Besides an affinity for axes and warfare in general, the Stormarks have a deeply held love for mead.

In fact, it is my professional opinion that the best way to win a potential conflict with Stormark would be to offer several large boats filled with mead. We would certainly prevail if we did this.

The only other national obsession that could rival their love of mead is their passion for horned helmets. Yes, the Viking Empire of Stormark so loves horned helmets that they included that symbol as their helm on their coat of arms (you can view the Stormark arms here: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8004 ... s22mn0.gif).

The Viking Empire of Stormark has substantial relations with other nations. Their "Hall of Mímir" maintains a (relatively out of date it seems) list of treaties which can be accessed by navigating here: http://vikings.invisionzone.com/index.p ... topic=5005

The government of The Viking Empire of Stormark is styled as a constitutional monarchy. The current monarch is Harald Thorstein I (who has eleven lines of titles ranging from "The Eternal Sovereign Viking Emperor" to "Living Saint of the Most Holy Nidarosian Church"). To aid the sovereign in ruling the nation, the Emperor maintains a "Council of State" in addition to other cabinet positions.

The legislative body of the Empire is called the "Althing." Interestingly, the Emperor is forbidden to suspend the Althing (or the courts for that matter). Article 3 of the Viking Constitution says "The Legislative Power is jointly vested in the Emperor and the Althing.The Executive Power is vested in the Emperor. The Judicial Power is vested in the Law Courts. The Emperor shall have no power to dissolve the Althing or the Law Courts." It was, however, difficult for me to determine where the Emperor's legislative powers (through "Imperial Decrees") end and the Althing's powers begin. It seems that the Emperor retains some level of autonomy when it comes to legislating (and indeed, many other things as well).

Stormark also maintains a military comprised of the Imperial Army, Imperial Navy and Imperial Naval Air Force. Their military is administered through the "Hall of Thor." Their army currently has five members while their navy has twelve members (these numbers were taken from this list: http://vikings.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=197). I was unable to determine membership in the Imperial Naval Air Force.

The holdings of the Viking Empire of Stormark are numerous but not necessarily vast. Stormark consists of a number of smaller "Imperial Colonies" which together form "The Viking Empire." Their colonies are mainly islands with little or no elevation. Their main territory, known as "The Heartland," is an island nestled in between the continents of Appolonia and Keltia. To view a list of their holdings, navigate here: http://vikings.invisionzone.com/index.p ... topic=2285

I have presented myself and my credentials to their Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which they call the "Hall of Mímir." Their Ministry of Foreign Affairs graciously gave me the warmest of receptions.

That is all that I have for now. When I discover something new or if the situation changes, I will inform the Ministry.

Regards,
Gareth Arthur
Ambassador to The Viking Empire of Stormark

Kaiser Leto III

Re: DiploCorps Report - The Viking Empire of Stormark

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

The only other national obsession that could rival their love of mead is their passion for horned helmets. Yes, the Viking Empire of Stormark so loves horned helmets that they included that symbol as their helm on their coat of arms (you can view the Stormark arms here: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8004 ... s22mn0.gif).
Weird people, those Stormarkians. :D
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Lady Allot,

I arrived a few days ago to Haraldsborg; I was warmly welcomed by its Emperor. After the petition you sent to His Majesty requesting the erection of a legation in Stormark, Shireroth was granted a legation with the highest rank, embassy, in Haraldsborg, the capital.

I have also taken the liberty of creating a seal for our embassy there. If you wish, I can make some for the other embassies we have, if we have any that is.
Daniel Llai

APPENDIX:

Imperial Decree

To all Our Well-Beloved Royals, Nobles and Knights, and all Our other Well-Beloved Citizens whatsoever to whom these Presents shall come, Greetings:

WHEREAS it is Our Imperial Duty to uphold the security, prosperity and honour of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire;

AND WHEREAS it is Our Imperial Wish and Desire to provide for the promotion of the development of the intermicronational rule of law;

AND WHEREAS striving to establish and maintain cordial and friendly relationships with foreign Nations does contribute significantly to the development of the intermicronational rule of law;

AND WHEREAS striving to establish and maintain cordial and friendly relationships with foreign Nations does contribute significantly to the security, prosperity and honour of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire;

AND WHEREAS We have received a petition by Her Excellency Lady Isabelle Allot, Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, requesting the establishment of a Legation for the Imperial Republic of Shireroth within the borders of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire under the provisions of the Foreign Legations Act of Year 7;

AND WHEREAS We have looked with favour upon the said petition for the establishment of a Legation within the borders of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire for the said Imperial Republic of Shireroth by the said Lady Isabelle Allot, Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth;

LET IT THEREFORE BE KNOWN that We, Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver, The Eternal Sovereign Viking Emperor, Sovereign Lord on all Continents, Perpetual Protector of the People of Stormark, Perpetual Defender of the Viking Nation, Eternal Guardian of the Sacred Islands, Paramount Chieftain of the Ancient Tribes of the Heartland, Most Noble Sovereign of the Lands of Stormark, Supreme Lord of the Lands of the Crown of Saint Harald, Supreme Lord of the Lands of the Longships Throne, Sovereign Lord of the Kejsarinna Asa Isles, Sovereign Lord of Vinland, King of Anglethyr, King of Bondegard, King of the Islands of the Ancient Ways, King of Marthunia, King of Merlaide, King of the Mysterious Isles, King of Thydtwinnster, Living Saint of the Most Holy Nidarosian Church, Solver of the Ancient Enigma, Keeper of the Freyja Treasure, Protector of Love and Liberty, Keeper of the Most Sacred Instruments, Lord of the Conquest, Navigation and Commerce of the Imperial Colonies, Hero of the Old Tale, Freyjagothi to the Temple of Love, Imperial Prince of Thule, Imperial Prince of Inis Fer Falga, Prince Imperial of Alexandria, Fils d'Alexandrie, Prince of the Blood, Prince of Antioch, Prince of Arietta, Prince of Lichtenbad, Prince of Malisko, Duke of Frøyalan, Duke of Normandie, Duke of Pond Isle, Duke of Port Chloe, Marquis of Beaulieu, Marquis Thorstein, Earl of An Chláir, Earl of Carrick, Earl of Fife, Earl of the Trondelag, Count of Cimmeria and Avaldsnes, Count of La Marche, Count of Poitou, Count of Quercy, Baron of Einmar, Baron of Falster, Baronet of Holmborg, Baronet of Robland, Lord Mayor of Avaldsnes, Lord of the Two Peninsulas, Lord of the Isle St. Jean, Lord of the Longships Islands and Lord of the Isles, do by this Our Imperial Instrument, in the exercise of Our Most Ancient Prerogative Imperial, decree that:

Eins. The petition for the establishment of a Legation within the borders of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire for the Imperial Republic of Shireroth by Her Excellency Lady Isabelle Allot, Minister of the Exterior of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth is hereby granted.

Tveir. There shall therefore be established on Embassy Isle within the Capital of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, the City of Haraldsborg, an Embassy for the Imperial Republic of Shireroth headed by His Excellency Daniel Llai, Ambassador of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth to Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire or such other Ambassador that in future may be appointed by the Imperial Republic of Shireroth.

Thrír. The said establishment of an Embassy within the borders of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire for the Imperial Republic of Shireroth as well as the Embassy itself shall be governed by the provisions of the Foreign Legations Act of Year 7.

Fjórir. This Our Imperial Instrument shall come into effect immediately.

So be it!!

Given at Our Hall in Haraldsborg, in Our Thanedom of Gulathing, under Our Hand and the Great Seal of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, on this Day of the Lady Sól, the Seventh Day of the Month Noatun in the Nineth Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire.[/center]

Haraldr, Eilífur Þjóðhöfðingi Víkingur Keisari[/center]

Daniel Farewell

FRÄNZI-FERDINANDA IS BACK
Remember Fränzi-Ferdinanda? Well, her marriage with Jonas is still coming up. She has also been adopted to the Ravarian order of succession (1st place), the Batavian (2nd place), and now, through the relationship to the common family member of the Batavian and Stormarker royal/imperial houses, Ærindís des Vinandy of Ettlingar Freyu, become second in order of succession to the Imperial Longships Throne of Viking Stormark, after Crown Princess Aoife the Celt, former queen of various Viking satellite states, including Hurmu.

FORMER HURMU HIGH COMMISSION
The former building of the Hurmu High Commission, the Hurmu legation in Stormark, located on the Avenue of the Sacred Lakes in Haraldsborg, has been discussed by members of the Stormarkian public with the embassy staff. “What happened to it?” they asked. Due to Hurmu's placement of sovereignty in Shireroth, the HHC was transferred to Shirerithian extraterritoriality. So we don't just have an embassy in Haraldsborg's Embassy Isle (along the Green River, Græná), but the former Hurmu High Commission to use as well. Any ideas for its use?

HURMU ARCHIVES
The archives of Hurmu on the board of Stormark have been, upon request from the embassy, been transferred to the embassy and consequently to the jurisdiction of the Shirerithian imperial republic.

RECOMMENDATIONS
That a treaty outlining the extraterritoriality and consular and diplomatic relations between Shireroth and the Viking Empire be made, in the likeness of the Mango-Camel Pact minus the defensive parts.

D. Ll.

Allot

Post by Allot »

I forgot to thank you and congratulate you on a fantastic job so far. A large amount of erb will be along shortly with a bottle of champagne to help you celebrate. Now for your second post. The former Hurmu High Commission... we certainly don't need two Shirithian embassies, so let's think of a way to keep in Hurmu..dian(??)... Since Hurmu is a territory of Shireroth, maybe it can be some sort of immigration office for people who want to live in Hurmu? After all, the lifestyles of Hurmu and the rest of Shireroth are a bit different, so maybe you need your own immigration office? We'll check with MiniImNat. Your other request is also a good idea. I'll discuss with the various other people that I discuss with. Keep up the great work!
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Daniel Farewell

Thank you, Lady Allot!

Here's an update:

The Stormarkers have signed a treaty with Batavia on a land-exchange: the northwestern-most big island off Benacia, where the Jokerdom is at, will be given Stormark for Isle Saint Jean and 20 000 krónur (equal to 20 000 erbs).

The Stormarkian emperor, Harald Thorstein, has invited the Kaiser Mors VI, Lady Isabelle Allot and me (Daniel Llai) to a Brísingamen Ceremony, the investiture of imperial titles upon Princesses Æsileif and Fränzi-Ferdinanda (the latter is going to marry Jonas later...).

Allot

Post by Allot »

I'm not sure if His Niftiness can make it, but of course I'll attend. Let me know when that is, will you?
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Daniel Farewell

Uhm, now.

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

Allot wrote:I'm not sure if His Niftiness can make it, but of course I'll attend. Let me know when that is, will you?
Please find here the Brísingamen Ceremony.
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

Daniel Farewell

OUR INFLUENCE STRETCHES ABROAD!

So Stormark decided to copy our system of houses and stuff. More to come!

Daniel Farewell

Due to a personal conflict of interest I beg for a recall of my position as ambassador in Haraldsborg and would request that you place me elsewhere.

Return to “DiploCorps”