DiploCorps Report for Ashkenatza (Vanchauslurk)

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Scott of Hyperborea

DiploCorps Report for Ashkenatza (Vanchauslurk)

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The Republic of Ashkenatza was very quiet for a while, but activity has since picked up with the election of Moshe Goltz as the 6th Nohsi (President). Although Goltz originally opposed joining the Small Commonwealth, he is respecting the will of the people and cooperating with attempts to further integrate with the SC.

As part of this effort, he has named the highly pro-Commonwealth Shmuel Astopov as the new Foreign Minister and Commonwealth Representative. Herr Astopov has been around Shireroth recently and made a very good impression on the citizenry. I look forward to working with him in the future and expect his appointment to herald a new era in which Shireroth-Ashkenatzi relations grow even better (and possibly also recruiting him. Anyone whose idea of fun is designing a gigaton nuclear bomb is a Shirerithian at heart, even if he doesn't know it yet.)

The Shirerithian Embassy in Ashkenatza has been active in trying to build up goodwill among the natives. We've used Shirerithian technology to help with their city mapping project, we've added to their walking tour, and we've engaged in that most honorable of Jewish pasttimes: debating the Law.

In the future, we hope to establish mutually beneficial trade between Shirerithian and Ashkenatzi business. In particular, we'd like to re-establish the project to have Herr Goltz map Shirekeep (current status is uncertain), and hopefully commission a work from their new artist celebrating Ashkenatzi-Shirerithian friendship.

The Shirerithian Embassy also hopes to closely monitor Ashkenatzan-Antican relations, which have been cemented in the Eagle-Bagel Pact. Although we respect the right of the Ashkenatzim to associate with whoever they want, our embassy will provide a voice of reason if the Anticans try to seduce them with propaganda or exploit them for their own ends.

Allot

Re: DiploCorps Report for Ashkenatza (Vanchauslurk)

Post by Allot »

Excellent as always, Scott. Keep an eye on those Anticans (seriously, they scare me).

EDIT: Throws some money at Scott
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Aster

Re: DiploCorps Report for Ashkenatza (Vanchauslurk)

Post by Aster »

A sheynem Dank, Herr Scott,

I likewise am most optimistic about the future of Ashkenatzi-Shirerethan relations. I can only hope that our initial misgivings about the Small Commonwealth did not send negative vibes to Shireroth. The republic has always been fiercely autonomous and rightly so - We have a unique Shtik, nu? And we resent any malevolence and ill will that it may have caused. However, let me emphasise clearly that my government will pursue relations with Antica as she sees fit, and we urge Shireroth to respect the integrity of our decisions regarding Antica. Indeed, one day I may very well join Shireroth, but I've a little too much on my plate macronationally having just started university. In any case, thanks anyway!

Shalom!

Herr Astopov

Return to “DiploCorps”