DiploCorps Report for Batavia

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

vasroe

DiploCorps Report for Batavia

Post by vasroe »

A Report on Koninkrijk Batavië (The Kingdom of Batavia)
by Representative Mateu Vasroe

1. Reception and Batavian-Shirerithian relations

I was warmly received by Sergeant Alex van Nederburg, the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Batavia. I was also graced by the presence of the Batavian Aartsbisschop (Archbishop), Constantijn Windsor. I have been recognized by Foreign Minister van Nederburg as the Shirerithian Ambassador to his nation. With regards to Batavian-Shirerithian relations, overall, they are currently in a good state.

2. The Batavian Government

The Batavian Government resembles the Dutch government in various ways. Their Foreign Affairs Minister was gracious enough to summarize their entire governmental structure, and to do so in clear and above-average English. According to their Foreign Affairs Minister, "Batavia is indeed a kingdom. Our constitution is similar to the Dutch constitution and we are a parliamentary and constitutional monarchy. Our supreme legislative body is 'Het Lagerhuis' (the Lowerhouse) and it's elected for a specific term by popular vote. Our Lowerhouse has to approve the prime minister after he is recommended by the King. The King is our formal Chief of State but his power is limited by the constitution and his responsibilities are rather symbolic. So under normal circumstances the executive power lies with the prime minister and it's ministers.

"'Het Hogerhuis' our Upperhouse represents the entire Batavian nobility but not the nobility of our overseas territories. They consult the King and the Government on various matters and our Upperhouse acts as a Jury in 'de Hoge Raad' our Supreme Court. Some individuals consider the Upperhouse irrelevant and support the abolishment of this organ however the majority of the politicians support the existence of the Upperhouse.

"Batavia has several kinds of administrative divisions. The most basic one is a 'gewest', a province. These 'gewesten' usually have a council and governor elected by it's residents. These organs can make decisions about regional matters. One must become a resident of one of our three "gewesten" and it's not possible to become resident of another kind of administrative division.

"We have 'Domeinen' too, these regions are under direct control of the government but with exception it can be ruled by the Royal House of the Batavian Armed Forces, these 'Domeinen' are usually overseas. The most remarkable administrative divisions are the 'Gouwen'. The right to govern 'gouwen' can be bought from the department of culture. Every citizen can buy a 'gouw' and has the right to develop it's culture, lease it or sell it. Once the Department of Culture started selling them they were sold-out in no-time! This was a succes."

I found the last bit to be particularly interesting. Batavia is selling titles to administrative divisions so as to promote cultural growth and development. Batavia is apparently having much success with this.

3. Conclusion

My conclusion is that Batavia remains an ally and friend of Shireroth, and that both nations continue to benefit from their diplomatic relationship.

Allot

Re: DiploCorps Report for Batavia

Post by Allot »

***Jaw drops***

Fantasticasmastical.
I invented a word just for you.

This is fantastic work, great job, keep it up. I've wired 200 :erb to your account for this magnificent...thing.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

vasroe

Re: DiploCorps Report for Batavia

Post by vasroe »

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Return to “DiploCorps”