DiploCorps Report for Alexandria

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Prince Ísur-Ai

DiploCorps Report for Alexandria

Post by Prince Ísur-Ai »

THE EMPIRE OF THE ALEXANDRIANS

1. Reception and Alexandrino-Shirerithian relations
I have been warmly received by both First Consul Jean Carmichael, the chief of cabinet, and HIM Emperor Edgard, the chief of state. I have by the Emperor been accepted as the Shirerithian ambassador to Alexandria.

Shireroth is the first country to have reestablished contact with Alexandria after the national emergency in which the constitution was suspended, activity dropped significantly to an all-time low, and the old forums spammed to death. Shireroth's visit brought both Emperor and First Consul happiness and they regarded the Treaty with Alexandria to be legally valid.

After the constitutional revision that Alexandria holds if finished, we agreed to discuss whether amendments would be necessary to the old treaty, as there are calls in Alexandria to begin a new clean slate when it comes to acts of legislature.

2. The Alexandrian Government
Currently, the old 2005 Constitution of Alexandria is suspended and has been replaced by an Emperor-decreed Provisional Transition Charter. It is very basic, more so than the Imperial Charter of Shireroth, containing 20 short articles on rights, the Emperor, Ministers and the Citizens' Chamber. However, it stipulated that the Citizens' Chamber adopt a constitution.

Alexandria is democratically minded. The First Consul, Jean Carmichael, has been elected by Citizens of Alexandria. Also, it is the citizens, not the Emperor, who draft the new constitution.

One constitutional document has been enacted though, this one by the Emperor himself together with the Princes of the Empire: the Portela Family Pact, the governing law for the Imperial House of Alexandria.

I will write more as things move on.

Í-A.

Leo Fenrir

Re: DiploCorps Report for Alexandria

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Excellent job! I hope to hear more in the future. :yay:
Leo Fenrir

Kaiseress Anandja I

Re: DiploCorps Report for Alexandria

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

I say frame it and use it as a template for DiploReports. :yay:
Love and Happiness,