Diplocorps Report for Natopia

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Diplocorps Report for Natopia

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Natopia is a very old nation which has survived because it's citizens love it. It's far from a conventional nation - they had a Ministry of Silly Walks back when it was uncool to do so, have the Free Juice and Bagel Party control government, and are nominally facist - but are a friendly one Shireroth would do well to invest more time in. While the Butter Cow was long an amusing Natopian equivalent of Malarbor, it became the focus of their religion when Natopia for a time went off the map and Athlon became the only part remaining. They are fiercely anti-GSO because the founders forget to invite them when it started.

Previous History aside, Natopia is currently (as always) run by Emperor Nathan. Power is regionalised with Duchy's and Baronies similiar to Shireroth but without the Landsraad. There has been a recent influx of new citizens ... we'll see how long it lasts. Other notable recent events are an attempt to create a Space Charter, and the announced marriage of Emperor Nathan to our own MiniEx.

Beyond the Juice, Bagels and worship of a Butter Cow, Natopia has a rich culture. They have a library of ancient literature, including arts and poetry. They have one of the only space programs on Micras that Spangle recognises (an achievement in itself). They have a capable military. They are one of the most active participants in MITO trade. And they have within their lands the ancient Micron islands of Ferien and Ptia, which they have graciously allowed to be governed by a foreigner so as to preserve these important historical sites for all of Micras. They were a signatory to the Floating Island Pact.

Natopia's foreign policy since their revival has largely been one of isolationism. Apart from trading, they only have contact with nations who bother to contact them. Major allies would probably be Novatainia, ourselves and Universalis, with Alexandria and Stomark coming in behind those. They did have a New Britannian military base at one point, to stop Babkhan Imperialism, but with the collapse of Britannia I don't think that would be valid anymore.

I hope this report is fitting for the MiniEx, and would like him to observe that apart from references to an influx of new citizens, the rest has been done from previous knowledge and without paying too much attention to the Natopian forum recently.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Andreas the Wise

Re: Diplocorps Report for Natopia

In Natopia this week, marriage plans have been delayed while one of the parties goes on extended LOA.
Plans to appoint a new Bosarch to oversee the ceremony have not gone well.
In the meantime, Emperor Nathan has created an organisation to promote gay rights.

He's also created a Bovic Code to contain Natopian laws.

Finally, the flood of new citizens continues. How many will still be there in a month's time remains to be seen.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Andreas the Wise

Natopia has succesfully had their Imperial Wedding and gone on a honey moon cruise.

They've also had an expansion next to Kildare approved. Welcome neighbours!

On the international circuit, Natopia's annexation of Holzborg is causing a bit of a stir. Some claim they don't deserve all the land (so they reduced their claim in half) and Ryan's claiming the citizens were not consulted (though further investigation reveals Ryan holds a lot of citizenships and if the Holzborg Kaiser is ready to sign it away, Ryan obviously isn't doing too much with his Holzborg one). More on this as matters continue.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

Natopia are again considering their future. They had a mass influx of citizens and yet haven't been able to retain any new ones two months on (the death of the Prince Consort didn't help). They're considering focussing more on unique internal matters (Space and Bovinism); streamlining their government system to fit the lack of citizens; and declaring full neutrality in any future recwars.

Nobody reads these things anymore anyway ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I still read your messages...
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Nathan of Natopia

Post by Nathan of Natopia »

These diplocorp reports are my only source of Micras news lol :cry
Nathan,
Prophet of the Butter Bull,
Head Missionary of the Bovic Dominion of Natopia,
Natopian Representative to the Small Commonwealth,
Member of the Roth Zera of Elwynnese Realm

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Andreas the Wise wrote:Natopia are again considering their future. They had a mass influx of citizens and yet haven't been able to retain any new ones two months on (the death of the Prince Consort didn't help). They're considering focussing more on unique internal matters (Space and Bovinism); streamlining their government system to fit the lack of citizens; and declaring full neutrality in any future recwars.

Nobody reads these things anymore anyway ...
I read reports on Natopia eagerly... I like the people, but I can't be bothered with the board and its requirement that you log in to see anything...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

I read them too. The Kaiseress needs to know, after all. I also can't be bothered with registering in forums where you have to register.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Andreas the Wise

I should inform you then that nothing much has happened in Natopia in the last while, which is of great sadness to all. Apart from Zombie William, of course.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “DiploCorps”