DiploCorps Reports For Ashkenatza

Moderator: Jacobus Loki

Scott of Hyperborea

DiploCorps Reports For Ashkenatza

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Ashkenatza's elections are over, with Max Rosenthal (our own Baron of K'Tzuni) winning by a comfortable margin to become the country's second Nohsi.

Tension with Tellia over border violations and accusations of ethnic Ashkenatzim being denied rights on the Tellian frontier have led the Ashkenatzi legislature to propose a declaration of war, which looks likely to pass soon. Once it does, two of our friends will be fighting only a few hundred miles from the Lakhesis border. Neither side has yet asked us for help, and it seems to be a friendly recwar more than anything else.

The latkes at Tzvi's are excellent, and I highly recommend them to any visiting diplomats.

Syr William

Re: DiploCorps Reports For Ashkenatza

Post by Syr William »

Thanks for keeping us updated.If you like I can sticky this and you can post all of your future reports in this thread.Does that sound okay?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

I am pleased to report, on behalf of my distant relative Pachad Emet ben Mavet, the Ashkenatzim Defence Minister, that the war was a resounding success and there is now following on from that a short and equally efficient tidying up exercise under way in the divided city of Benaciastadt.

'Fun Undzer Yiddishkeit!' As they say...

Scott of Hyperborea

Ashkenatza is claiming territorial waters around the Naudia'Diva islands and Benacia in a way that could affect their trade and strategic value. Please see
http://dr-spangle.com/Mikrah/phpBB3/vie ... ?f=2&t=198 for more information, especially the map.

I suggest the Ministry of the Exterior develop a policy on this.

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

I find those water claims.. disturbing...
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth
Baron of Dolor and Count of Monty Crisco

Scott of Hyperborea

Well, your Niftiness, we don't have a Minister of the Exterior, so it's your job to do something about them.

I suggest that you authorize me to officially negotiate as a representative irerithian government. I've already been doing that unofficially in our Ashkenatzan embassy. The agreement we're settling on is that a large chunk of that area becomes jointly patrolled by Shirerithian and Ashkenatzan forces, with occasional inspections and such.

If the Ashkenatzans agree to a compromise, I will need a Duke to present it to the Landsraad. I believe you are forbidden from interfering in this affair directly by the new Charter, since allowing Ashkenatzans to share our territorial waters probably falls afoul of the "no component of Shireroth may be ceded in whole or in part by the Kaiser" clause.

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

Touche Scott..

I authorize you. But I can put it before the Landsraad.

I'ill waiting for a better suggestion for that section.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Scott of Hyperborea

All right. This is the treaty we've settled on; it gives them a lot of territorial water but gives us the right to cross it whenever we want, with some token restrictions: http://dr-spangle.com/Mikrah/phpBB3/vie ... ?f=5&t=220

If it's acceptable, the Kaiser or Landsraad or whoever should go about getting this made law.

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

My only real concern I suppose is with their claim itself on some of our smaller islands in that area, which they have claimed the water right up to the coast. Most of the islands they have not claimed the water immediately around the islands, except for a few of the smaller ones. Fix that and I'm okey.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

With the Nohsi seemingly "gone waf Defence, Pachad Emet ben Mavet, has assumed responsibility for the day to day administration of Government and the maintenance of public order, until further notice.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Nohsi Pached Emet ben Mavet has resigned from office after the Omer Declaration condemning his absenteeism was submitted to the Knesset. His resignation clears the way for the social nationalist Bundist Party of Maksym Izaak Rozenthal to make a return to office.

Ashkenatza has recently be plagued by absenteeism at all levels of society. One source was quoted as saying that it has proved difficult for recent administrations to provide leadership when there is no-one to be led. The Melukhe Hilfsassistent (a certain M. I. Rozenthal) now heads the interim administration by default.

Return to “DiploCorps”