Contract Request

Aurangzeb Khan

Contract Request

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

ISI is requested divert the following resources to MoMA Facilty Wolfraven for the construction of light industrial works in support of the Project Mortis Maintenance Programme.

Invoicing Officer wrote:MATERIALS:
Tube Alloys - Rare Metals
P1 Centrifuges
Steel
Custom Piping
Condensers
Pumps
Wiring
Generators
Steam Turbines
Solar Panels

LABOUR:
1,000 Masons
1,000 Carpenters
1,000 Plumbers
2,000 Electricians
100 Painters
150 Engineers
12 Environmental Scientists
15,000 General or unskilled labourers
5,000 welders
ISI is invited to submit an invoice for costs incurred - to be submitted to the Imperial Government care of MoMA. Particulars pertaining to quantities and more exact technical specifications shall not be available in the public domain at this stage of development.

Signed by my hand at Raynor's Keep, Shirekeep, on this Rasday the 16th day of H'Graasreign, in the year MMMDCCLXXVI ab sectora condita

Allot

Re: Contract Request

Post by Allot »

:cry I WANT A SEAL :cry
A baby one. They are fuzzy.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

The seal is fricken awesome!
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Yeah, Ric did a good job on it.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I put it in the ShireWiki article on The Kaiser.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Easiest 20 :erb you ever made. :thumbsup

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yay! :yay:
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Leo? Easy money? Leo? Old Rope? Easy money? No? LEO?? Where the hell are you... oh exams I guess. Have fun with those...

Anyway I will additionally be requiring one of these for entirely legitimate civilian purposes.

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

I would like to take on the role of project manager that was offered to me. The first think I would consider is the prices.
MATERIALS:
Tube Alloys - Rare Metals
P1 Centrifuges
Steel
Custom Piping
Condensers
Pumps
Wiring
Generators
Steam Turbines
Solar Panels

LABOUR:
1,000 Masons
1,000 Carpenters
1,000 Plumbers
2,000 Electricians
100 Painters
150 Engineers
12 Environmental Scientists
15,000 General or unskilled labourers
5,000 welders
Does the Kaiser want the estimate(s) in Erb?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

It would be greatly appreciated if they were thanks.

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

Ok. Here are our estimates:
MATERIALS:
Tube Alloys - Rare Metals.........150pcs @ 150 erb each = subtotal: 22500 erb
P1 Centrifuges........................3 @ 800 erb each = subtotal: 2400 erb
Steel....................................500pcs @ 30 erb each = subtotal: 1500 erb
Custom Piping........................100pcs @ 40 erb each = subtotal: 4000 erb
Condensers...........................32 @ 60 erb each = subtotal: 1920 erb
Pumps..................................32 @ 100 erb each = subtotal: 3200 erb
Wiring..................................1000pcs @ 0.10 erb each = subtotal: 100 erb
Generators............................4 @ 200 erb each = subtotal: 800 erb
Steam Turbines......................4 @ 200 erb each = subtotal: 800 erb
Solar Panels...........................64 @ 60 erb each = subtotal: 3840 erb

LABOUR:
15,000 General or unskilled labourers................@ 18 erb a head = subtotal: 270000 erb

995 Masons...............................................@ 20 a head = subtotal: 19900 erb
5 Master Masons...........................................@ 45 a head = subtotal: 225 erb

995 Carpenters..........................................@ 20 a head = subtotal: 19900 erb
5 Master Carpenters...................................@ 45 a head = subtotal: 225 erb

995 Plumbers.............................................@ 20 a head = subtotal: 19900 erb
5 Master Plumbers......................................@ 45 a head = subtotal: 225 erb

95 Painters.................................................@ 20 a head = subtotal: 1900 erb
5 Master Painters (Basically, mural artists, etc.).@ 45 a head = subtotal: 225 erb

1950 Electricians.........................................@ 20 a head = subtotal: 39000 erb
50 Master Electricians..................................@ 45 a head = subtotal: 2250 erb

4,950 welders...............................................@ 20 a head = subtotal: 99000 erb
50 Master Welders.........................................@ 45 a head = subtotal: 2250 erb

150 Engineers...............................................@ 50 a head = subtotal: 7500 erb
12 Environmental Scientists.............................@ 150 a head = subtotal: 1800 erb
Total Materials Cost: 41,060
+ Total Labor Cost: 484,300
-----------------------------------------------------------------
= Grand Total Project Cost: 525,360 erb

I have taken the time to reorganize a few items in the labor section according to a hierarchy of trades and professions, in terms of their respective individual labor costs. ("Labour" is spelled "labor "where I am from.) Also a note on the labor payments. There is a huge difference between the complexity of work done by a mason and of work done by a master mason. A master mason is almost a sculptor in terms of his capability, and it shows in his or her beautiful results. The same principle, that of the master being a more skilled laborer than a non-master laborer, goes for the other labor areas. For any laborer who is a master, therefore, I have added for some of the labor categories a labor cost for the several individuals with the capability and qualifications of a master. I have assumed that the scientists and engineers are already at the fullest of their capability and qualifications. The per head amounts are per person, per year.

Long term, you will need plant technicians and managers to run things. We can worry about them now or later. Just in case, I have figured up that plant technicians cost 75 a head and plant managers cost 100 a head.
Long term operational labor cost estimates (not necessarily complete)

Plant Technician...........................75 erb a head
Plant Manager..............................100 erb a head
Additionally, the project manager--me--needs to be paid at least 200 erb. You can send the first installment to my bank account. If I have a stake in the company working on the project, then it might need to be more than that.

I hope these figures are satisfactory.

Sincerely,

Mateu Vasroe

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

I request payment for my work or a reasonable excuse for the delay.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Erm I think you've charged for more erb than is in circulation.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

525 000 :erb ???
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Think of erb as being rather more like a talent of gold than a fiat currency. So shall we say 530 :erb allowing for the delay.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

If I may ask, what exactly are we paying him for here? My problem with our economic system is that people can claim huge expensive projects take a lot of money, but in reality they have no expenses other than the personal time it takes to write up the proposal. All the fact that some of the actual figures are questionable (unskilled labor rated at 18 while trained labor is around 20? Bet they're glad they went to trade school for years now!) and we don't have an overall product worth even close to 530 :erb.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

*cough* Stimulus package

vasroe

Post by vasroe »

So shall we say 530 :erb allowing for the delay.
That sounds fine.

So how much are you willing to pay for the project, Aurangzeb? This is a COLOSSAL project. It may be that the cost of the project is just TOO expensive, and that the SC's economy alone is just not enough to do it. To complete it would be like tackling some huge global issue, say global warming--no one nation can afford to pay for it all.

But since we are just a micro-nation, for the purpose of facilitating realism, yes, I can issue for you a revised table of costs that would be more affordable in Shireroth, maybe for the Kaiser or some other rich entity. The ratios are correct, so I would probably divide every amount by 15 or something. Still, there is no doubt that this is a very expensive project, and only the Kaiser/the government or a huge corporate conglomerate can conceivably afford it.

Harvey, that extra 2 Erb is good money. If the workers are members of a union, which I assumed they were, they will already have health benefits. Skilled workers who want much more money than that will become Masters, but not all of them can do it. It's thinking about things like this is why I am being paid for being the project manager. :)

Return to “Infinite Space Initiative”