[SDI Launch Order] Ohl'Tar Extermination

Leo Fenrir

[SDI Launch Order] Ohl'Tar Extermination

Post by Leo Fenrir »

EDEN Terminal wrote:
_ Initiating EDEN protocol...
_ CEO Leo Dine security key recognized...
_ Level 1 security clearance granted...
_ Accessing Leonardo Center mainframe databases...

_ Voice command recognized : 'Access SDI projects'...
_ Warning voice command : 'Activate HACs' & 'Activate Kinetic Weapons Platforms' require MoMA clearance...
_ Clearance confirmed...
_ Full access granted to SDI projects...

_ Input target coordinates...
_ Locking on [66ºN ; -120ºW] ; Shireroth ; Elwynn ; Nordland ; Agnesia ; Maigrentar...

_ Calculating range...
_ Ground Zero HAC silos : out of range...
_ Liberty Aerospace Center HAC silos : out of range...
_ Leonardo Center HAC silos : in range...
_ 23 silos ready for launch...
_ Calculating estimated HAC accuracy : 99.9%...

_ Establishing uplink with Kinetic Weapon Platforms...
_ Connection established...
_ Calculating orbits...
_ 7 of 43 satellites in range...
_ 10 of 43 satellites can be positioned with minimal fuel cost...
_ 26 of 43 remaining satellites are out of range without immediate refueling...
_ Soonest possible launch : 1 920 seconds...

_ Prepping all functional silos...
_ Positioning satellites over eastern Benacia seaboard...
_ All systems go in 11 520 seconds...

Leo Fenrir

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: [SDI Launch Order] Ohl'Tar Extermination

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

(Should there not be a boom?)

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

"Ok men the final satellite is coming into position over Nordland, and EDEN has authorized manual control. Its in our hands now."

The control room in Leonardo Center was one of the largest ones and boasted 360º of wall mounted displays. The image currently being displayed was a dizzying mosaic of live feeds of Agnesia and Wintergleam. The room was arranged with three sets of concentric circles of desks. quartered by isles. They were not however conventional desks but solid black glass surfaces displaying images, numbers, and graphs. One man tapped the screen in front of him and made a series of complex gestures. The screens on the wall immediately went black and displayed an image of the Wintergleam/Agnesia border.

"The HACs are in the final prep stages and will soon switch to manual control, in the mean time we are to locate our targets using the Kinetic Weapons platforms." said the man standing in the center of the room. "I want all of you scanning the country for rouge targets until we have a direct shot on the citadel." It was almost immediately that one of the men called out.

"We've located a helicopter moving south."

"Get a lock on it and zoom. I want to know who is piloting that thing!"

The room became a buzz of activity and the image on the screen began a dizzying plunge as the satellites began zooming on their new target. Seconds later the image resolved on a particular scene. None other then Cho'Gal the rouge count stepped out to greet Isabelle Allot.

"Sir what is Lady Allot doing in the middle of nowhere?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know? ETA on the nearest platform."

"Less then a minute until we have a shot sir."

"Get me a lock on the group. If anything moves against the Lady I want the sniper ammunition loaded."

The room fell into quiet buzz as other men and women continued working on locking the coordinate of the other platforms that were coming into place over Maigrentar. This was short lived however when a sudden commotion on the screen captured the attention of the room.

"My god... Is that? Is the platform in range? A bug has just surfaced"

"27 seconds sir."

"That may not be fast enough... Prepare the sniper ammunition immediately and get a lock on the bug."

The scene played out almost in slow motion as the room held its breath in fear. "16 seconds" Isabelle and the Count were firing rounds at the thing and an Ohl'tar seems to be clinging onto the bug's back. "10 seconds sir but we can't fire until the Ohl'Tar gets off his-" Suddenly a small burst of light hid the group and when it cleared a second bug had taken its place. "Platform in position sir ready to fire. Original target is gone though."

"I don't care take that thing out!"

"Ay sir. Firing Orbital Sniper Round."

About 400km above Isabelle and Cho'Gal a grape sized cone of iron was launched from the orbiting platform. It took about 0.7 seconds to clear the atmosphere and 1 more second before it reached the offending white bug. Moments before the impact the screen cut out.

"Uh... Target eliminated Sir."

"Why did we lose the feed. Get me another visual righ-"

An electronic voice filled the room. HAC silos are functional. Manual controls are being authorized. Immediately the screen was filled with the giant black citadel. 12 platforms in range to fire on Maigrentar.

"Scratch that gentlemen. The threat to Lady Allot has been dealt with. We need to focus on taking that thing down. I want a barrage of 6 HACs with 1 minute staggered launches."

"Aye sir. Initiating launch sequence now."

"And I want a full barrage of Kinetic bombardment. Stat."

"Locking coordinates for platforms. Firing first round."

Warning 10 seconds till HAC launch.

"Alright men. Lets show them death from above. ISI style."

The citadel on the screen suddenly erupted into explosions of dust as the iron rod munition turned its momentum into energy ripping apart the outer battlements and walls.

20 seconds to HAC impact. Warning 10 seconds till HAC launch.

The dust settled and the citadel revealed a hive of activity, much like an anthill that had been kicked. "How are those damn things still alive? I want a second kinetic barrage now." exclaimed the man in charge.

Warning HAC impact imminent.

And with that the screen lit up in a plume of fire.
Leo Fenrir

Cho'Gall

Post by Cho'Gall »

When the smoke cleared, to the shock and awe of all witnessing, there was no visible effect upon the citadel. All of the technicians watched as some of the most advanced weapons failed to scratch this ancient structure. Suddenly, all the operators began to hear a dark voice inside their heads, "CONVINCED?" the voice said, "YOUR ATTACK'S WILL DO NOTHING." "NOW WITNESS THE TERRIBLE VENGEANCE OF THE TASSA'TAR"
En taru adun

Return to “Infinite Space Initiative”