[technology] Spangle Feilds & Generators

Leo Fenrir

[technology] Spangle Feilds & Generators

Post by Leo Fenrir »

ping
Liberty Center Research Log wrote: Spangle Fields

Nomenclature : Due to the nature of Narativity Feilds to maintain realisme they have been named after the famous Shirithian Professer Spangle with whom it shares a common goal.

Preliminary Research : Studies conducted in Echo city by Lucard Wrend have provided conclusive data to prove the existence of the Nartivity variable ℵ in the schrodinger equation. A transcript of Lucard's speech was provided for this Log.
Lucard Wrend wrote: "Have you ever hear of the schrodinger equation?"

"In simple term it is an equation that states that any possibility that can exist does exist until observed by an external object observer at which point the equation collapses and reality is what remains. For this example try visualizing it as a sin wave, am I assuming you know what they are, with deviation from the plausible or realistic as its amplitude, the larger it being the less possible the reality created. Now, the function responsible for regulating this 'amplitude' is usually constrained by the conventional laws of physics, meaning that the sin wave was constrained. This however only can to pass since physicists chose to ignore a variable that they couldn't explain, its symbol being ℵ, and set it at a constant of -1. My time in Nordland though has proven that this variable ℵ (Narativity) is actually not a constant but instead dependent localized forces. With the tests today though I have finally isolated ℵ and its energy signature. For some reason or another your presence is able to boost the local value of ℵ and reduce the amplitude on this theoretical sin wave. As to the exact strength of this field you posses I can only speculate it to be something near to 0.32ℵ give or take a few. Now as you can probably deduce, Nordland's base ℵ value is much lower, nearer to -4 thus minimizing your ability. The best news in all of this though is that now that I have isolated the energy signature it shouldn't be impossible to develop a generator that can increase local ℵ."

"There is of course the issue of increasing ℵ to 0. At this point the equation ceases to exists, so it follows logically that reality would cease to exist. In which case I would recommend that you stay away from locations that have a value of ℵ greater then -0.4 or you may cease to exist as well. This could also however have some extremely practical uses if the field could be confined to a plane, in which case you would produce a surface that cannot be breached, because it doesn't exist."
In summery, reality is defined by the equation : [-schrodinger equation/ℵ] Where ℵ is a negative number representing the force of the Narativity field. For conventional physics ℵ was just assumed to have a constant value of -1 but increasing levels of surrealism have proven that ℵ can fluctuate.

ℵ=-1 is equivalent to a reality where the laws of physics are absolute.
ℵ<-1 is equivalent to a reality where the laws of physics are malleable. The lower ℵ the less real.
-1<ℵ<0 as ℵ approaches 0 reality will progressively shed extra dimensions until even space and time collapse at 0.
ℵ=0 reality ceases to exist.

Local ℵ and Intrinsic ℵ : Something that was noted early on in our studies was that ℵ manifested itself in two forms. The first was the local ℵ which manifests itself as a value for all point of space on the xyz axis. The second was intrinsic ℵ which was instead associated to matter. The key difference is that local ℵ seemed constant while intrinsic ℵ varied as shape varied. (For example an orange had a measured value of -0.9752 ℵ while a dragon was -1.453 ℵ) Upon the discovery of the entity of Isabelle Allot the constancy of local ℵ was put to question. It has now become apparent that local ℵ is determined by the strength of the ℵ field while intrinsic ℵ is determined by some universal IB god (or something like that).

Interaction and movement within ℵ fields : One of the most interesting properties of ℵ fields is studying what occurs when ℵL and ℵi didn't match. We found that :

L=ℵi no special properties are displayed.
L<ℵi no special properties are displayed.
L-1=ℵi no special properties are displayed.
L-1>ℵi reader satisfaction began to drop sharply.

These results however were in a naturally occurring field. In induced fields the first three properties remained constant while the fourth displayed a shocking result.

L-1>ℵi the matter cannot exist.

This final property brought around the question of what would happen should an object of ℵi=-3.4 encounter an induced field of ℵL=-1 and what would happen if the field was induced with the object in it. Experiments demonstrated extremely interesting results. With the help of Isabelle Allot who has a regulating field of ℵL=-1 we tried throwing sheeplets at her and they simply rebounded as if encountering an invisible wall. However when we placed a stone in her hand and tried to enchant it, it simply ceased to exist. This lead us to the conclusion that :

Where ℵL-1>ℵi

If the object is entering the field it is deflected.
If the object is in the field it is removed from existence.

Absolute vs. Regulating Fields : During our experiments we discovered that there exist two formed of ℵL fields. The first is an absolute field that has a set value of ℵL. The second was a regulating feild that could correct the local ℵL by x value to a maximum of -1ℵ. So far we have only had one subject (Isabelle Allot) who displayed a regulating field of +0.34ℵ. This maximum of -1ℵ is curious as it does seem to point to the fact that there exists a natural equilibrium at this point.

Research Log to be continued as data is collected.
Leo Fenrir

Andreas the Wise

Re: [Tecnology] Spangle Feilds & Generators

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Like me, you seem to have been born too late micronationally. I would have fitted marvellously in the Apollo Era. You would have fitted marvellously in early Novatainia. Cheerfully for both of us, their times have come again (in my case, Nelaga, in your case, SAMIN will be running some very interesting tests after the Fated War).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Great, now make me a narrative discontinuity bomb. :evil

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Aye aye Mr. MoMA :yay:

And keep me posted on these tests Andreas. That is of course as long as they aren't classified or anything. In which case I'll keep myself posted. ;)
Leo Fenrir

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Liberty Center Research Log wrote: ℵ Fields : Thanks to a new series of experiments our researchers have finally isolated the source of Local ℵ. Results have show that the local value of ℵ is a direct consequence to the shape in which space is folded. Using our most advanced sensors it was observed that a point of space in a vacuum tested in Nordland was significantly more complex then one tested in Askenataza. The obvious conclusion to come too of course : the higher the complexity of folds in space, the lower the value of ℵ, which was concurrent with our previous findings. What was interesting to note though was that at ℵ=-1 space was not folded at all, or had reached a minimum complexity. This explained the seemingly natural tendency towards -1ℵ.

This of course prompted the examination of space in situations where ℵ>-1. At first no notable change was observed, however when we examined the area with magical sensors, as ℵ increased we observed, one by one, the disappearance of the astral planes and finally the very existence of time. This baffled our lead theoretical physicist since how could space be folded negatively? However the solution was presented by Dr. Wrend who postulated that space was instead a porous membrane on which rests reality. As ℵ increases it becomes stretched, and as it is further stretched, pieces of reality slip out. Though this seemed slightly ridiculous, all models that have been constructed using this theory have yet to display a flaw.

Testing the Complexity of Space : Our method to test the complexity of space was hypothesized by Dr. Gerard of the Liberty Neutrino Research Branch. Though unimpeded by most matter, Nutrinos proved to be extremely sensitive to minor distortions in space. Knowing this property, testing the complexity of space was as simple as firing a beam of low energy neutrinos through the vacuum and calculating the time it took to reach the sensor. In more complex space the neutrinos often got stuck in micro-valleys caused by the folded space, and took longer to reach the sensor. In less complex spaces (ℵ>-1) the neutrino often fell out of existence for several seconds, reappearing seconds later closer to the sensor. This very last property will be examined in further detail because of it implies a property of narativity that could lead to interesting new technology.

ℵ Generators : Since the above discoveries have been made, the focus has been on developing a method capable of manipulating the complexity of space and its value of ℵ. A prototype has been developed but it presents several flaws. It can only produces fields between -0.6ℵ and -4.7ℵ, its size makes moving it am impossibility without the use of heavy machinery, and finally its power requirements are such that it requires direct integration into the local power-grid so as not to short circuit the whole damn thing. The prototype is currently being shipped to Echo city. Blueprints and design logs will be released at a later date.

Postulated Uses of ℵ Fields : Our previous research has show the following:

at ℵ=0 Reality ceases to exist.
at ℵ=-0.01 Time collapses.
at ℵ=-0.05 Space collapses.
at ℵ=-0.1 General relativity collapses.

All four of these values present an extremely promising use. At ℵ=-0.1 it is possible to surpass the speed of light, at ℵ=-0.05 it would be possible to create directional wormholes, at ℵ=-0.01 it is possible to create a perfect satis field, and at ℵ=0 it is possible to create an impenetrable surface. However, all four of these postulated uses require the ability to produce directional fields which is far beyond any technology currently available to the ISI.
Leo Fenrir

Bill3000

Re: [technology] Spangle Feilds & Generators

Post by Bill3000 »

In simple term it is an equation that states that any possibility that can exist does exist until observed by an external object observer at which point the equation collapses and reality is what remains.
what
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Ah sorry "outside objective observer" Its a slightly redundant definition that I used - considering that I did it from memory at the time. Though I don't recomend that you start looking for to much... attention to detail here. ;)

Thing that don't work are made to do so.

Much to Spangle's chagrin it seems. :) One day he and I will get along.
That is, whenever he feels like steeping down form that high horse of his.
Leo Fenrir

Allot

Post by Allot »

Is the symbol for narrativity an Aleph?
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

I'll never "steep" down from any high horse :P

but I think it's called a knowledge of physics...

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

I think its called being so lost in physics that you lose sight of this wonderful little thing called fun. (Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you shouldn't find pleasure in physics, but getting angry and ridiculing someone who is quite obviously fooling around seems overly childish.)

You are herby relived of your obligations to the ISI, so please don't feel obliged to be damp towel.

Also if the ISI pisses you off so much, then I reocmend this wonderful thing called not looking. Novel concept no?
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

I didn't look until I received a certain childish PM from a certain childish ISI administrator :P

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

heheh hey i never claimed to be perfect. I reserve the right to be a complete hypocrite at all times. :thumbsup
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

Oh, I hadn't noticed.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Oh and for Allot.

I have no clue. I had designed my own symbol, but I could only use the ones that were part of the forum language (short of linking it by [url] every time) So maybe?
Leo Fenrir

dr-spangle

Post by dr-spangle »

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11466

I don't think you can relieve me of my duties to point out when you're breaking physics :P

I'm not sure on shireroth politics but can you overthrow a steward's imperial decree? :P

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Leo Fenrir wrote:Ah sorry "outside objective observer" Its a slightly redundant definition that I used - considering that I did it from memory at the time. Though I don't recomend that you start looking for to much... attention to detail here. ;)
No, it's not that. You're confusing the Copenhagen interpretation with the Schrodinger equation. The Schrodinger equation describes the time evolution of a wavefunction. You're confusing this with the collapse of a wavefunction, in which a wavefunction collapses into a single eigenfunction, initially in a superposition of different eigenstates, collapses into a single eigenstate.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Return to “Infinite Space Initiative”