PIP

Leo Fenrir

PIP

Post by Leo Fenrir »

PIP
[Perfect Information Proliferation]

"Ladies and gentlemen of the board. With project RoMEo nearing completion I am proud to announce that the Infinite Space Initiative is unavailing its plans for project PIP. Our aim with PIP is to develop a reliable and powerful information network of communication satellites and a preliminary set of observatory satellites for examination of our outer solar system (and the surface of our planet).

PIP will not be a long or difficult project by any stretch of the mind or wallet but the designs for the intended satellites will require thought and time. Also ISI will begin producing its own brand of cell phones exclusive to the "Vigil" network. The funds collected from our subscribers will help fund the final stages of PIP and the following projects.

I wish the best of luck on all our researchers and the engineering team in the Liberty center. May we soar ever higher ever faster."

Gman Russell

Re: PIP

Post by Gman Russell »

I find a project that launches spy satellites into orbat from LIBERTY center hillariously disturbing.
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Leo Fenrir

PIP [Prophet Tech.]

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Liberty Research Dept. Report
[Prophet Technology]

Report : A recent breakthrough in radiation manipulation has lead to the development of a promising new technology we have dubbed 'Prophet'. The technology functions on the concept of a 'sound column' that can be project through a vacuum. This new technology has opened the door to numerous new methods communication that will one day replace the cell-phone. Even though it is in its earliest stages of infancy, the technology promises to be easy to implement and cheap to produce.

Function : In theory, 'Prophet' satellites should be able to, with the help of a GPS device. beam a column of sound from orbit in an area ranging from 1m to 20m in diameter with almost pinpoint accuracy. This works by firing a beam of UV radiation on a thin electro-magnet disk which is acting as the 'speaker'. The UV radiation then picks up the distortions. The radiation travels through the vacuum and upon contact with the atmosphere it induces vibrations in the atoms. The most fascinating part of the technology is that the sound does not propagate beyond the column because it is solely induced by the radiation.

Testing and Safety : The major issue with the development of the technology was the strength of the radiation. The team began testing with gamma rays and found extremely strong results but at the cost of human safety. Next they tested with microwaves but the effectiveness was too much compromised. UV rays have been chosen and have proven to be effective and present little to no risk to humans.

Future uses : Upon completion of the 'Prophet' technology the ISI plans to launch 10 prototype satellites and upon successful testing will proceed with complete integration into the 'Vigle' service network. Use of the prototypes will be limited to select high ranked officials of Shireroth. The prototypes are scheduled to launch in two days.

Return to “Infinite Space Initiative”