Bank account selection interface

Programmers Guild

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Ari Rahikkala

Bank account selection interface

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Just a note... the list of accounts is getting rather big and difficult to make a selection from... we're probably going to have to hook up some helpful Javascript at some point. http://www.webonweboff.com/widgets/ajax ... ggest.aspx might be a good start, except there still needs to be some provision for, say, listing all Shirithian accounts... hm... if nothing else you could just use it with a huge maxSuggestions value, but I might have better ideas...

.. Yeah, I dunno when I'm going to be working on this, but I'm just putting this out here to to say that I think the size of the account list is a problem and that I can probably do something about it at some point...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Re: Bank account selection interface

Post by Erik Mortis »

Agreed. I'll add it to the list of things to do. If I can set it up so I can just take the current way I do it (a function makes the list) and swap that out for another function that works the same way, but does what you want.. then this should work out fine.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Okey.. I have an idea how to make use of it... but... I'm not sure how to create the JSON list using php... assuming I can...And that's the key...

I can use the code there.. but I need to be able to generate differing lists like I do now..

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Shit, Javascript is kinda neat. When it works. I introduced a script/ directory for filterlist.js and changed require/htmllib.php and transfer.php (plus logged this stuff in require/config.php as 0.9.4. Now you can, say, type "leo" in the filter box and the list will automatically get pared down to Leo (Shireroth). Plus, if the list comes down to just a single account, that account gets selected automatically. The interface to use it in code should be obvious from the use in transfer.php.

Probably should force the account selection box's width so it doesn't change wildly while filtering, though...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

I'll download it and take a look.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So.. all I have to do is call filter_select() and give it the name of the userselect field.. and it'll handle it from there? If true.. cool!

hmmmm.. I could just put into the select functions themselves, so that all selection menu's can be filtered.

Yes.. I like how that works.

Return to “Church of the Machine God”