I wish to hire your services

Programmers Guild

Moderator: Andreas the Wise

Shyriath

I wish to hire your services

Post by Shyriath »

I have come to ye all for my calendar needs! ...But, not the ones I was expecting.

The personal calendar I'm working on still probably isn't at a stage to build a program around, but I have a somewhat simpler task to ask for. Basically, I need a standalone version of the ASC calendar converter... something independent of a website. Preferably, something that doesn't need to be installed. Something, in short, that I could copy onto a thumb drive and carry around with me. Something that works well across operating systems is not essential, though a plus. It would mostly be used with Windows XP, but there might be situations where I would be on a machine with Vista, or Ubuntu Linux.

I like to work on fictional history stuff during lunch at work, but I'm not supposed to be visiting non-work-related sites, so I can't look up the date on the Shireroth fora... and waiting till I get home slows things down considerably. Something more portable, and which I could use at work or on my laptop or desktop here at home, would be a big help.

(Incidentally: An ability to convert to Shirerithian dates would be nonessential, but more awesome.)

Price: I dunno how to go about settling this. Should Guild members bid on it? I have 800 :erb at the moment, so if the range of reasonable prices goes above that, I'll have to postpone the request till I can get my hands on some more cash, I'm afraid.

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Re: I wish to hire your services

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Odds are, the converter you see on the forums could easily be made into an executable. Dunno, we'll have to wait and see what Ari has to say about it.
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Oroigawa Koreyasu wrote:Odds are, the converter you see on the forums could easily be made into an executable. Dunno, we'll have to wait and see what Ari has to say about it.
ITYM a standalone HTML page, not an executable. In fact, because the calendar doesn't share any resources with the rest of the forum, and the likeliest kind of use is that people will be popping it up every now and then to do a quick calculation, I decided to just roll all of it into one file. It should load a bit faster that way.

Shyriath: If you can still use a web browser, just not visit external non-work sites with it, you could just save http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/calendar/calendar.html and use it :). (I'll still be charging 100 erb if that's a solution that works for you - hey, it took me like 30 seconds to copypaste all that stuff :p)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Ah, it's html....don't mind me then... :)
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

(I'll still be charging 100 erb if that's a solution that works for you - hey, it took me like 30 seconds to copypaste all that stuff :p)
...For your excess of cleverness, I bow to your demands. :p 100 erb it is.

Return to “Church of the Machine God”