Andreas' Shop

Moderators: Andreas the Wise, Andreas the Wise

Andreas the Wise

Andreas' Shop

Post by Andreas the Wise »

On the edge of the Port, by the docklands, you find, tucked away in the corner, a sign reading "Andress' Shop: Stuff Solld." Intrigued (the Baron is renowned for his good spelling) you investigate further, and find what appears to be a small, dingy store. You enter, and find it dimly lit and filled with an assortment of odds and ends of various sizes, colours and, in one or two cases, glows. It looks as if the concept of "duster" is as foreign as the concept of "not eating mangoes." You expect an old, poor, dirty sort of shop keeper, and are just about to leave, when a clean, intelligent looking young man (in a very smart suit) strolls in. "Sorry about the mess, we're just cleaning up some of the oddities. Welcome to Andreas' Shop."
"Are you Andreas?" you ask.
"No," the man replies cheerfully. "If you need to find Andreas, you will. I just run the front end of the shop."
The man looks oddly familiar ... finally, you put your finger on it. "Hey, are you Manuel, the famed owner of Manuel's Lootship and believed to run most of the criminal operations in Northern Novatainia?"
"No, that's my brother," the man replies, not quite so cheerfully. "Now, what can we help you with?"
"What do you sell, I'm a little confused," you answer.
"The better question is, what do you want?" the man replies. "We sell whatever you need here. Andreas the Wise has many talents and has fulfilled many roles within his lifetime. He's willing to offer his services to you, for a fee. You need a diplomat - Andreas is one of the best. Need advice on politics? Andreas started as a lowly Minister and worked his way up to President and beyond. Need any sort of helping understanding or using the SCM Magic system? Bayen's your man, but since he lives over in Toketi, Andreas is happy to help you out. Mapping in paint? Andreas can do that. Want a lawyer and can't afford Fors? Andreas has represented the odd case. Need a magical historian, or an archaeolgoist? Andreas is your man. Need someone to argue your point? As long as your opponent isn't on the List, Andreas will do it." The man gestured at a barely visible list. With great difficulty, you make out the names "Jeremy Bellamy" and "Liam conToketi" on the list, though Liam appears to be have been crossed out and "Oro" written beside it.
"What happens if they're on the list?" you ask.
"He charges double," the man replies. "We also offer a number of ... unique items, and can acquire others if you can specify your needs. Need a submarine, or an airship, or a genuine Micron pendant for backstory reasons? We're the shop to get it from legit."
"I don't note any prices," you venture.
"Please, we don't have anything so crass as prices," the man replies. "We operate on the principle of Asymmetric Information, though in this case it benefits the consumer. You tell me, or pm Andreas, your request, and he pms you back with his willingness to sell - that is, the lowest price he'll accept. We don't do anything in the open, but pm Andreas and we'll see what can be arranged. If he can't do it, for a small fee he'll tell you the best person who can - he has a lot of contacts."
You consider this, then ask, "What's Asymmetric Information?"
"That'll be 1 :erb ," the man tells you, with a wink. "See, you're getting the hang of it [the pricing system] already!"
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Bayen

Re: Andreas' Shop

Post by Bayen »

If he really was Manuel, he wouldn't tell you! :document
Bayen ronToketi
Count of Backbone Site

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Andreas, you have gone into direct competition with your neighbor. My Port Nevermore Center has been established for two years: http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... 123&t=6628 providing the special and rare item, the unusual service or training, adventure outfitting or providing of trained guides, or whatever is desired or required. I am surprised that you would open a near-duplicate of my shop in the next barony. I am well-aware that your story writing far surpasses mine, but would appreciate the opportunity to continue to quietly provide for people's needs in Nova Dalmacjia. I am sure there is enough commerce for the both of us, but I would prefer to remain friendly rivals rather than have our mutual businesses come between us.

Andreas the Wise

The shopkeeper, well aware of his Baron's brief on this subject, went up to Lady Lumina immediately. "I am quite aware, my Lady, of your shop's fine reputation for acquiring strange and unusual items. My Baron would like to pay your shop the highest respect and assure you we are by no means in direct competition. You have a well established market in item acquiry. For us, it is merely a side venture to help my brother in Novatainia when business is slow there. Our main operation is for the services Andreas can provide, rather than the items - indeed, we expect the fame of your store is such we doubt our item recovery services will be necessary. Our own market, if any, is, we expect, for the items of a more ... magical nature which you may find yourselves less apt in acquiring than the Baron, merely because most of them are in his possession to begin with. If you would like to view our financial relationship as 'friendly rivals' my Baron would, I am sure, be delighted to accede to your request."
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Baron Andreas--

I appreciated the opportunity to become acquainted with the keeper of your shop. He satisfied me that our mutual commerce need not clash or interfere with cordial relations between us. I look forward to a tour of your fine establishment, as iI have already shown your shop-keeper.

Thank you for such a prompt answer to and appreciation of my concerns.

Baroness Carol

Andreas the Wise

Andreas' Shop is ... emotionally ambivalent to announcing it is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Image. Andreas remains their Shirithian contact.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Andreas's Shop”