Training exercises begin

Austi_Scot

Training exercises begin

Post by Austi_Scot »

Commander Raquin came out of his daze. “Alright you hackies, man your stations’ .. Get those landing crafts back on the ship!’

Rothshin, began to yell out orders, “You men, signal those small craft to return.’ ‘We don’t want any laggers.’ ‘The pilots and air crew, get that fighter in the air the minute we hit the deck.’

The 500 sailors on deck began to look amazed at those ashore finally coming aboard. Raquin turned to Rothshin, “If you leave this base unguarded I’ll have your head!”

“Half you men stay here and guard this field. We might actually want a base someday.’ The Captain said as he boarded a light craft. “I better be on that ship within two minutes and everyone best not be more than five seconds behind me.’ ‘Commander will you be staying here?’

“Of course Captain, you’ve ordered all your officers to take command of the ship.’ Raquin then speaks quietly to Rothshin, “Don’t ever shout an order and then change it a minute later. Think before you give the order.” As he stepped back from Rothshin he shouted “GOT IT”

Rothshin thought for a moment, “Why aren’t my officers repeating my orders to their men? You want to be replaced?” The other offices quickly began to scurry about. Within 30 seconds all the transports were at the ship and the men were getting aboard.

Once aboard Rothshin yelled, “Why isn’t there a communication seaman at my side? You best get contact with the ole man right now!” Within minutes he was on the horn with Raquin, “Don’t ever be that slow again seaman. Rothshin said as he began speaking to Raquin, ‘Any orders Sir?’

“Yeah,’ cam the reply ‘ teach your men how to bomb. Use those two practice islands to the north. Then bomb the hell out of the shore line from the ship – or maybe you might consider doing both at once.’ ‘Do that a few hundred time til your all you pilots can hit the ground.’ ‘Then get that ship out to sea for a test run.’ “ROTHSHIN, if you run aground you better have your feet in sand pushing it out with your own hands. GOT THAT!”

Return to “Microton Naval Base”