TUC Reformation - come and plot!

A center for Shireroth's minority religions
Sir Ophiuchus

TUC Reformation - come and plot!

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

*looks around*

Well, it's a bit dusty here, but nonetheless an excellent place to plot the (third?) reformation of the TUC. Scott, Eoin, if you're around could you drop in so we can begin. Anyone else interested is welcome too.

Agenda

1) Resolve heresies planted by the Ybrekki deceivers.

2) Re-establish a hierarchy.

3) Re-establish at least one mission, preferably to Treesia, as most of our culture is there.

4) Any other business. :)

If anyone needs to discuss something off the boards, PM at will.

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Do I take it then you are counting yourself now amongst the Ybrekki deceivers if you are talking about establishing a mission to Treesia rather than the Church in Treesia.

Sir Ophiuchus

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

Well, considering I'm the only member of the Church still with Treesian citizenship, it would make more sense. Alternatively, the mission could be to Shireroth. In any case, it's easier to have the discussion here.

Semantics aside, we need details and commitments, people!
I dislike arguments: they are always vulgar, and often convincing.
- Oscar Wilde

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

I'd suggest a reforging of the Soloralist-Treesian alliance, personally.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

There was an allliance?

I feel that the Ybrekk issue can be glossed over. It seems to be more of a political difference than a genuine religious difference; ie the arm of the church in Shireroth vs. the arm in the Commonwealth, and I don't think there's any difference in doctrine. Macronational churches generally stop short of pointing out exactly which people countries are under the influence of the devil (except in America sometimes), so as long as we can agree on basic religious points the political issues don't need to divide us.

That country will prove itself to be closest to the old ways that best follows the ethical and traditional tenets both sides hold dear. By their fruits ye shall know them and all that.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

There was something akin to it, yes, during the Tymarian period. I don't know if it was offical, but we definitely had an exchange of cultures.

Two things I have to say to that: First of all, it is kind of hard to have Treesian Unothodox here, given the fact that Shireroth has a State Religion. As well, Treesia would be hard to work w ith either, since you'd pretty much be considered traitors, no?

And wasn't the Great Schism of the Catholic Church mostly a political and cultural difference than a religious difference? Eastern Orthodox in Constantinople VS Roman Catholic in Rome and all that.

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Well, I think it also had a lot to do with icons and stuff, but yeah, you could be right. Still, the Great Schism was stupid and should never have had to happen. We can do better than that.

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

"since you'd pretty much be considered traitors, no? "

know one is concidered a traitor for not following B00OOO000/\/\/\/\ism here....in fact, quitea few don't.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

Actually, I mean that Scott is literally branded a traitor in Treesia - it is in his title block there.
Senechal Bill Trihus of Greater Audentior
Citizen of Shireroth
Zor nukrô šempi zor fredrô

Conglacio

Post by Conglacio »

ah, sorry...mis read your post...and mis read who posted it.

Sir Ophiuchus

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

My reputation is still intact there, though - which is why I'm trying to reunite the two branches of the Church. Not that there actually ARE any members other than myself in Treesia, AFAIK.
- Oscar Wilde

Sir Ophiuchus

Post by Sir Ophiuchus »

*buries head in hands*

Scott? Iain? Anyone?
- Oscar Wilde

siriain

Post by siriain »

Well now, as everyone seems to have lost interest, all I can do is out forward these (hopefully) slightly controversial suggestions:

1) Resolve heresies planted by the Ybrekki deceivers: Only if they want them to be resolved, which, judging by the above responses and subsequent silences, seems most unlikely.

2) Re-establish a hierarchy: That will have to be done at the mother church in Treesia, mostly for the reasons above and below.

3) Re-establish at least one mission, preferably to Treesia, as most of our culture is there: Better yet, as our culture is mostly there, continue operating out of there, otherwise the TUC wouldn't really be the TUC, and establish mission in nations more likely to be receptive of them (I can think of a few). Only then would those Ybrekki deceivers likely to be convinced of the errors of their ways and embark on pilgrimages of penance and pardoning.

4) Any other business. Probably, but where it should be properly conducted.
:jadie
Yours, etc...

Return to “The Multi-Temple”