Basl

A center for Shireroth's minority religions
Zirandorthel

Basl

Post by Zirandorthel »

This service was given by Aedh Goldmoon of Llacheu in the Tirbalar Cathedral this morning as a celebration of Baslá. Baslá is the festival of the death spirit Mordicc, whose servant, Jestun, ferries souls across the silvery river to Ennabruk, towered city of the gods. Please visit and congratulate Ioannes while there's still time!!May the sun bless you with her light, and the earth keep you in her embrace, brothers and sisters. Today we celebrate death, and the Spirit of Death, Mordicc. Mordicc is the Keeper of the Dead, he serves Laguna alone, and he keeps all those who have died from old age or sickness in his halls at Ennabruk. Those who are struck down by sickness have been injured by Maladaticc, the Spirit of Death’s twisted brother, and he must atone. So he does, in keeping the dead safe. So we remember today all our dead, and name no children, since the Spirit of Death wants not to touch the head of youth so soon, unless he must. We say first the Prayer of Creation.Remember beauty!When the world was first createdThe unfathomable PowersLooked at it with love and longingWith the love of the EternalsAnd the love became incarnateIt became the Gods of BeautyTineon the Lord of FireUisceor the Lord of WaterSalio of Earth the mistressGaother of Wind the rulerAnd their myriad of servantsAnd they looked upon creationAnd they shaped it and they smoothed itLike a careful master sculptorGiving rise to each perfectionTo the sunset o'er the oceanTo the wind among the treetopsTo the grasses of the meadowTo the gentle streams that nourishTo the mountains, tall and mightyTo the countless stars of LeaighThat like snowflakes fill the heavensAll of these, and many othersWere the Irdia's perfectionsMay their work endure foreverMay no flaws or stains deform itAnd may humankind, who shares itAnd for whom its wonders sparkleMay we marvel at it, know itMay we love and understand itAnd give thanks for it togetherWith this blessed recitationRemember beauty!The next prayer is for Mordicc and his brothers and sisters, the Prayer of the Many Gods. Please join me in praising Mordicc especially.Glory, honor, praise, and blessings be unto the High Ones!So long as any endure to sing their praises!Glory, honor, praise, and blessings be unto the High Ones!To Tineon, Uisceor, Salio, and Gaother the CreatorsGlory, honor, praise, and blessings be unto the High Ones!To Bladhm, Craindoigh, Leaigh, Dobharcufile, Folcador, Lochrin, Caranna, Aincoim, Runda, Ulcharam, Seicha, and RiannaGlory, honor, praise, and blessings be unto the High Ones!To Laguna, Mandorel, and Utas the PreserversGlory, honor, praise, and blessings be unto the High Ones!To MORDICC, Ardescit, Aeon, Carding, Dlithail, and AmariaaGlory, honor, praise, and blessings unto the High Ones!To Veradroon, Dagwynn, Angdar, Messelius, Hoku-Mree, Meriorl, Torabrune, Slainter, Ohu, and DiardalGlory, honor, praise, and blessings unto the High Ones!To all who rain love into the Universe from many-spired EnnabrukGlory, honor, praise, and blessings unto the High Ones!Glory, honor, praise, and blessings unto the High Ones!Glory, honor, praise, and blessings unto the High Ones!Glory, honor, praise, and blessings unto the High Ones!Death is not an adversity, for the world above is just like the world below, our world. Mordicc and his disciple Jestun are the ones who bring us across the Silvery River which joins the two. Say now, with me, the Prayer of the World.Like a radiant jewel Tirlar floats in the ocean of NothingnessLike a well-kept garden the Isle teems with life in harmonyLike a loving family we sit and pray together in the ways of oldI accept the worldI will explore its secret intricacies and hidden harmoniesI will discover in it that which has no name, and be pointed upward and forward and inward and outwardI will let the world unravel in my heart and I will discover the shining secret at its centerAnd no matter how hard the Way, I will not give up LoveAnd now, all gathered, before we praise Runda, I call a period of silent meditation, to contemplate our place in life, before we glorify a god’s.*there are a few minutes silence*And now, all gathered, I ask you to join me in the praise of Mordicc, Spirit of Death:They who fall in battleFear not, for they dwell in CalaspirIn the Prince’s golden hallsBut we who dwell in fear and diseaseHave only you to look toMordicc, Prince of the Untimely DeathMordicc, Servant of the Loving MotherMordicc, your knife cuts us from our earthly shellAnd your silvery boatsman brings us across the riverTo see ourselves again.Thank you, all gathered.And now, brothers and sisters, we pray to Ennabruk for guidance, the way we have been taught:What must be accomplished is not always easyMay we have the courage to accomplish itWhat must be endured is not always pleasantMay we have the determination to come through itWhat must be chosen is not always obviousMay we have the wisdom to choose itThe Way that must be followed is not always straightMay the Keeper guide us upon itFinally, in especial veneration of Mordicc and his disciple, Jestun, we pray for the dead. On this day of Death, we remember all our dead. I remember my aunts: Kathryn and Maria, who died untimely, and are surely in a better place. We also remember Comet, Mr. Au, Johnny Cash, Spike Milligan and countless other influences on all our lives. We pray that they are delivered to their true home in Tirbal, and that the Silvery Boat may one day ferry us all to safe haven:May the Shining ShipReach the calm shoreOf that last havenAnd that final restMay Jestun's choice be goodAs was your lifeFarewell, sweet traveller'Till we meet again...This sermon, in veneration of Mordicc, the Spirit of Death, is now ended. Go with love and peace in your hearts, and may the Keeper bless you all. There is no feast today, as to slaughter an animal on Mordicc’s Day is to wound him deeply. Eiseamlar sees you all, and smiles. Edited by: Zirandorthel at: 1/16/04 9:20 am

Return to “The Multi-Temple”