Okay - Let's do this

benkern

Okay - Let's do this

Post by benkern »

Now that Vorpmadal is where it belongs, we need some lands! I mean, that's always been the thing - Counties *are* the land. Baronies seem to be more like administrative groupings of Counties. Thus, as a Barony with no land, we are basically an invisible entity. Hence, in as much as my position as Honorary Citizen (apparently this grants more rights than real citizenship :p) I hereby declare for the glory of Vorpmadal in one case and for Yardistan in the case of others:

1. That the County of Mar Sara be annexed from whatever Barony it is in now - if any - and be made a County within the Barony of Vorpmadal.
2. That the County of Amarr be annexed from the Duchy of Brookshire and be made a County within the Barony of Vorpmadal.
3. That the County of Thanatos be annexed from the Duchy of Brookshire and be made a County within the Barony of Vorpmadal.
4. That the new Baronial Capital shall be Sileni of the County of Mar Sara, since the last one, Lune Villa of Upper Lunaris, was taken away from us (albeit fairly).

Any problems? I'm sure we can negotiate something.

And regarding my Honorary Citizenship - well, I'll just say check the MinInt. :)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Okay - Let's do this

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about what you mean with the word "negotiate" here...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

benkern

Post by benkern »

Someone complains, I complain that they are complaining, someone else complains that the original person was complaining for the wrong reason but supports their complaint generally, yet another person complains that my complaint about the original complaint wasn't a good enough complaint to warrant a new post etc. And in the end I get my way because everyone else gives up and these lands aren't doing much where they are.

You know, negotiation.
By His H47,
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I've always heard that applied to the Soviet mindset--what's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable. Sounds like you're off to a good start here. Just try not to run afoul of the Kaiser.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

benkern wrote:Someone complains, I complain that they are complaining, someone else complains that the original person was complaining for the wrong reason but supports their complaint generally, yet another person complains that my complaint about the original complaint wasn't a good enough complaint to warrant a new post etc. And in the end I get my way because everyone else gives up and these lands aren't doing much where they are.

You know, negotiation.
Ahh, my kind of thing! Just remember it has to go through Landsraad ... eventually ... (or is that only on creating baronies, not giving them land?)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

This I have to meditate upon much of this, as the triptophan leaves my system.

Mara Sara is hereby placed under the Barony of Vorpmadal.

The others are beyond my aiuthority without approval of a higher authority.

benken is and shall be Baron of Voprmadal.

All rights shall revert to the Duke :) if the Landsraad or His Niftiness disapprove.

I have a private message (ssshhhh) for the Baron-Designate.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

benkern

Post by benkern »

hypatias mom wrote:I've always heard that applied to the Soviet mindset--what's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable. Sounds like you're off to a good start here. Just try not to run afoul of the Kaiser.
Haha - I love that. Very nice. I think I'll make that the motto of the Barony! :)

I meant not to offend His Imperial Niftiness in his position as Duke of Brookshire, if he wishes to retain these lands I shall not oppose (at least until I've got my battleplans worked out. :knife ) - however I noticed that Vorpmadal had three Counties before (IIRC of course) and that Mar Sara plus two unused Counties from Brookshire would bring us back to our former strength. Basically I chose those ones because they seem to have no background outside a name - and their geographic location is close to Yardistan proper. So let us see what His Imperial Niftiness says.
Mara Sara is hereby placed under the Barony of Vorpmadal.

The others are beyond my aiuthority without approval of a higher authority.

benken is and shall be Baron of Voprmadal.

All rights shall revert to the Duke :) if the Landsraad or His Niftiness disapprove.

I have a private message (ssshhhh) for the Baron-Designate.
Thank you, My Lord Duke! You are most generous. And I've read the PM - I'll reply now.
By His H47,

Return to “The Saran Isles”