I vehemently oppose...

benkern

I vehemently oppose...

Post by benkern »

... the movement of this Barony. I understand that its geography location makes no sense etc., but Vorpmadal's place in Yardistan is something special to me. When I first started frequenting Shireroth, one of the few active citizens was a Baron, H4773r 3lfs0n, and this was his Barony. The quirkiness of the Barony I'd always associate with Yaristan, and that is what Yardistan is to me these days. Gone are the glory gays of the YAC (though annexation for the win returns of late), and we all think of Yardistan as something... and Vorpmadal is an important part to me... as it may well be to some citizens who started here around the same time, such as Jonas.

I'm just one guy, I don't have a say in such things - hell, I'm not even a citizen. But unless the geography of this Barony bothers you that much, I'd appreciate if Vorpmadal could return to its ancestral home. Don't make me annex it! :)
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Ari Rahikkala

Re: I vehemently oppose...

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

/me nods

I'll leave the decision to Erik, but... how about we tear off the counties and leave them in Brookshire, but move the Barony itself back to Yardistan?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

benkern

Post by benkern »

That would suit me fine personally.
By His H47,
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

If tat is doable.. I'm fine with it.. I'm just trying to restore geographic cohesion, since there is confusion as to what is where, and the old contract system was repealed months if not a whole year ago...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

/me goes to do it

benkern

Post by benkern »

/me smiles happily!

Welcome back to Yardistan, Vorpmadal! :)
By His H47,

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Mr. Imperial Majesty Kaiser Sir-

Can we make ben an Honorary Baron, or name a town in the Barony for him or such?

Such love should be rewarded, and commemorated!

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Once he becomes a citizen, you'll be able to appoint him yourself...

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Oh yeah.. he's not a cit...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Come on, let him in, you know he deserves it ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I was under the impression that he would soon be under the tri-cit limit anyway...

benkern

Post by benkern »

I'm working on that, Ari. :P I have many things to do first... places to sort out... loose ends to tie up once and for all!

Jacobus, though I appreciate the idea, I don't think its necessary... I'm already not a real citizen, being a fake Noble would break my little heart. :)

If residency extends to Baronies however, I should very much like to live in Vorpmadal.
By His H47,

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I can allow that...

Yeah, I thought one of the nation that put you over the tri-cit law was dead?

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

benkern

Post by benkern »

Most likely.

By the way, what is the law regarding citizenships within Shireroth? I recall the Kaiser can only have one citizenship (that is, in Shireroth), but I also remember something about Nobles and Ministers... what restrictions will be applied to me once I'm a citizen?
By His H47,

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

(Awaits the wisdom).

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

none that I know of anymore...

Just the Kaiser can't be a duel cit...of any kind... I personally would proly never hand off MoMMA or MiniEx to a duel cit for security and conflict of interest reasons.. (recalls the time he was the Istvanistan ambassador to AIN and the AIN ambassador to Istvanistan.. At the same time!)

But officially I don't recall any restrictions that you will officially have to deal with.

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

Kaiser Mors V wrote:(recalls the time he was the Istvanistan ambassador to AIN and the AIN ambassador to Istvanistan.. At the same time!)
*reminded of the time she was "OOC ambassador" in the Splinters of Dusk for Die Nachthexen, and vice versa... also simultaneously; t'is not micronational dealings, but clans in an online MMORPG, so it's not quite so bad :D ... but the association's there*
Neike Taika-Tessaro, Archon of Dark Arcadia

benkern

Post by benkern »

Hmm... must've been making crap up. Excellent!
(recalls the time he was the Istvanistan ambassador to AIN and the AIN ambassador to Istvanistan.. At the same time!)
Hehe. I believe Sirithil played the same game... :archy
By His H47,

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Hey, I tried to be appointed Ambassador to Cyberia, but cooler heads prevailed.

As for me, I have all of the citizenships I can handle. Being here is kind of a coming home. I could be exiled (more than once) banned ostracized, but knowing that Shireroth WAS, was always a comfort, in an odd sort of way.

Shireroth was always one of the few countries I didn't invade, or subvert (or contemplate subverting or invading, at least--) or something. Either it brings out my goodness, or maybe Malarbor was messing with my mind........

BTW, Minarbor wasn't happy in Ergo Sum, so he's in the back yard of the Ducal residence. No mice, but the Ducal poodles are missing, and I haven't seen page Godfrey lately......
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

I think he blew himself up...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

No, just a couple of ducks. Sad, but lunch.

Miniarbor has taught him explosives fairly well.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Fairly he says.... but not perfectly well...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

You should supply him some glue and sandpaper. If there are ducks around, that should make him happy.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Kaiser Mors V wrote:
Just the Kaiser can't be a duel cit...of any kind... I personally would proly never hand off MoMMA or MiniEx to a duel cit for security and conflict of interest reasons..
Wise plan.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I believe the restriction does (or, at least, did) restrict the Steward also to only one citizenship. That would mean that neither the Kaiser nor the Steward could hold double citizenships.

Return to “The Saran Isles”